• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

TargetScan App for Android

FYI:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/767526228/targetscan-app-for-android

TargetScan is a target scoring app for various shooting disciplines utilizing bullseye targets (from what I can tell)
It is supposed to score the target automatically by processing a picture you took of it, as well as log your results and display useful plots/statistics.

It is currently only available for iphone, but this kickstarter is to get them to develop it for android.

The one anecdotal review I have of it from someone I know is that the automatic target scoring part (where it identifies where the holes are based on your picture) is kind of hit or miss and often requires adjustment of some shots, but the logging and statistics that it displays is very good.

That's pretty cool but I have an android phone and I don't participate enough in shooting competitions for this to be useful to me quite yet. Perhaps in the future though. I wonder what other useful apps are out there for shooters?

Interesting - I've been using OnTarget on my PC for a while to analyze targets, but because of the need to either bring a laptop to the range or do it at home afterwards I usually only use it for experimenting with reloads and trying different target 22LR. OnTarget doesn't automatically pick up the bullet holes, either. That software requires you to place the hit on the photo of the target before it can calculate.

TargetScan looks to be a excellent tool for shooting or practicing in competitions using the targets the software supports. I didn't see any indication of it being able to work off of a round target dot instead of an official target, which would be what I could use the most. I wonder if his placement algorithm uses the whole target, or just needs to find the center of a known size bullseye? Fascinating app, anyway.

That's pretty cool but I have an android phone and I don't participate enough in shooting competitions for this to be useful to me quite yet. Perhaps in the future though. I wonder what other useful apps are out there for shooters?

Right now on my Android:

RangeLog - firearms training tracker
Shooter - ballistics calculator
ShotTimer - shot timer
IPSC Shot Timer - another shot timer. My previous phone didn't like ShotTimer, current one doesn't care which I use.

Back
Top Bottom