Target Sports SS109 in stock

GM-GUY

NES Member
Lake City Ammunition
Target Sports USA Lake City 5.56x45mm SS109 Ammo 62 Grain FMJ Penetrator 1000 Rounds

Stated the night at ~70 available, now down to 35. Get them while you can,

GONE - less than 24 hours, I don’t know how many they originally had.

Last edited:
Has to have green tip if sold to the military. If making ammo for the civilian market, why spend the money painting them? The contract for running the Lake City plant allows the contractor to use production capacity in excess of military requirements for their own production purposes.

Down to 5 left

I have thousands of rounds of XM193, I was low on the SS109/M855 and couldn’t pass up the Lake City goodness when the instock notice came in.

2 left. If I didn’t have a couple thousand rounds and had the space, I’d snap at least one, if not both up.

m855 might be the worst ammo for my purposes. horribly innaccurate, damages steel targets, suboptimal as a defensive round, its the last 5.56 ammo i would buy.

I’m not a huge fan of M855 either, but “horribly inaccurate” is quite the exaggeration. From issued M4s to personal carbines, I’ve always gotten groups between 1.25-2.75 MOA out of M855. And that’s with 4x magnification and stock 6lb+ single stage triggers (including 3-round burst triggers) I wouldn’t even call that inaccurate, Nevermind horribly inaccurate. Get past 4 MOA and we can start calling it inaccurate.

That said, no I’m not going to spend my own money on the round.

Just in, for those who like 55 grain M193:

Target Sports USA Lake City 5.56mm NATO Ammo 55 Grain Full Metal Jacket 1000 Rounds Bulk

Prime : $262.20. 99+ In Stock

Just finished my last case of green tips. Only bought it because the tinfoil guys were hyping that Obama was going to ban it a few years ago. Will not buy again since there are so many better options.
What would you recommend as better options? Haven't ordered yet from Target but just got a Mini-14 and am looking for a good deal.

Thanks

What would you recommend as better options? Haven't ordered yet from Target but just got a Mini-14 and am looking for a good deal.

Thanks
Wolf gold is 27 cents per round has been for a few years now.
I have enough M855 for SHTF but honestly ammo us my least worry if those days come.

if LC dropped to maybe 25 cents rnd I might grab a case just to toss on the pile

I've used a lot of 55gr Wolf Gold, Fiocchi, PMC and American Eagle in the last couple year, no complaints about any of them. I've also had good results from Prvi 62gr FMJ/BT - not the M855/SS109 stuff, the plain FMJ

m855 might be the worst ammo for my purposes. horribly innaccurate, damages steel targets, suboptimal as a defensive round, its the last 5.56 ammo i would buy.
Agreed. I don’t understand the allure with M855.

Not for your feed ramps or chambers it aint.

That's an overblown internet rumor. Okay, maybe not a rumor since problems have been observed at least once. However, it is not a widespread issue.

I don't understand the fanboy-ism for the M855A1 though. I guess its a case of wanting what you can't have. I do like the round for a few reasons, but I also will very happily use 77gr rounds and "barrier blind" rounds for defensive purposes in the civilian world.

That's an overblown internet rumor. Okay, maybe not a rumor since problems have been observed at least once. However, it is not a widespread issue.

I don't understand the fanboy-ism for the M855A1 though. I guess its a case of wanting what you can't have. I do like the round for a few reasons, but I also will very happily use 77gr rounds and "barrier blind" rounds for defensive purposes in the civilian world.
While I admit I'm not super knowledgeable. I could see the increase chamber pressure beating cheap ARs to death. And I agree, we have plenty of nice ammo for barriers now. If I was going to gun for unobtainium is be hunting for black tips.

Back
Top Bottom