Target Sports Prime discount

mikeyp

NES Member
My friend wants to know how good the discount is, he doesn't really post here. What's the actual discount on it when you get Prime? He was looking at S&B 9mm(115 grain) if someone with Prime can tell me the price, I'd appreciate it.

This is true of any tracking number these days, as soon as you print the label the recipient gets a "shipped" notice.

Yeah, but it's just been sitting on their shipping dock almost a week now. I should have just driven down to get it. Whatevs, it's going to be locked in a drawer forever anyway.

I was just checking them out for the first time looking for #8 shot target 12 gauge and didn’t see anything but buckshot.
Love the prices and the shipping costs, but surprised at the lack of variety.

I was just checking them out for the first time looking for #8 shot target 12 gauge and didn’t see anything but buckshot.
Love the prices and the shipping costs, but surprised at the lack of variety.

Yea, I wish they carried #8 and #9 birdshot....that would be ideal...as long as I’m asking 12ga 1oz #9 shells if anyone from TS is keeping track of the thread ;-)

Fwiw, here's the how the math works out for a Prime membership.

@ 8%, you need to order ~$1100/yr to make your money back. Thats for stuff you would normally have to pay to ship. Case amounts ship free anyway. They say if you dont save at least the $95 dollars over the course of the year they refund you whatever the shortfall is, iow if you saved $85, they send you a check (or credit your account, Im not sure which) for $10.

If you order a good amount of ammo over the course of the year, or if you typically order in amounts that require you to pay for shipping it can be a good deal. Depends on how much youre ordering and how often.

Yea, I wish they carried #8 and #9 birdshot....that would be ideal...as long as I’m asking 12ga 1oz #9 shells if anyone from TS is keeping track of the thread ;-)

I wish they carried #7 steel shot target loads. I've got a LGS that will order the stuff I like (1-1/8oz loads) but I would rather have it shipped to my door. Pain in the ass loading 10 cases of it into the car.

What are their pick up locations that their web site refers to for ordering? (Mass is restricted as mentioned on their site)

When you receive the e-mail saying that a shipping label has been created, it usually takes then another two days to see it show up in the FedEx system. As others have said, as soon as a label is created it gets e-mailed to the recipient. Because it goes by Home Delivery, they only deliver Tue-Sat. On the TSUSA website homepage there is an area in the lower right corner which you can see when an order placed today will ship and that's proven accurate every time I used it.

Just signed up for prime and ordered 1000rd Federal Lake City XM855. I’ve been meaning to order, but the item I am after isn’t there, in honor of stupidity, I will now have ~4K XM193 and ~3K XM855.

Because it goes by Home Delivery, they only deliver Tue-Sat.

FedEx Home Delivery is a real issue if you have it shipped to your office. The last time I tried that, the delivery guy opened the lobby door and dropped the package inside. No attempt to come to the office and not even walking over to the mail area (about 25' from the lobby). Simple drop and run. I only have stuff from them go to my home now.

When you receive the e-mail saying that a shipping label has been created, it usually takes then another two days to see it show up in the FedEx system. As others have said, as soon as a label is created it gets e-mailed to the recipient. Because it goes by Home Delivery, they only deliver Tue-Sat. On the TSUSA website homepage there is an area in the lower right corner which you can see when an order placed today will ship and that's proven accurate every time I used it.
Ive never noticed that. Thanks

Yup. Ordered some .300 blk beginning of last week. Still hasn't processed. I think any caliber that fits a certain "platform" might be feeling a drought sooner than later

Yup. Ordered some .300 blk beginning of last week. Still hasn't processed. I think any caliber that fits a certain "platform" might be feeling a drought sooner than later
Best price I’ve found for it as well. Thinking of joining Prime but never any issues in any other orders outside of scanning and sending them my LTC even though it was going to Maine. My MA zip code must have triggered something

8% off their listed prices, plus free shipping on qty below case qty.
They refund you the difference on the membership if you don't recover the cost.
No way to lose.
I have been a big fan of TargetSportsUSA. I joined the Prime Ammo option last May. Hasn't worked out so well. I have not been able to buy a single round at the discounted prices. The ammo that I wanted to purchase has been out of stock since I joined! So far they have ignored my request for a refund. Caveat emptor!

I have been a big fan of TargetSportsUSA. I joined the Prime Ammo option last May. Hasn't worked out so well. I have not been able to buy a single round at the discounted prices. The ammo that I wanted to purchase has been out of stock since I joined! So far they have ignored my request for a refund. Caveat emptor!

Weird, when I log in it takes me to products showing the discounted pricing. I’ve also ordered several below case qty orders and have not been charged shipping. I only buy 124g 9 and m193 5.56 so cant comment on other calibers, but they typically have stock for my needs. Had to wait a week for gold dots once but otherwise no issues.

My only question is that there seems to be quite a bit "out-of-stock" all the time

The generic stuff is in stock and similar to what is available at Walmart, but for some of the other items I am looking for (frangible / poly-cased ammunition) - it appears to be OOS for quite a while

Any ideas on how often they restock or is this just a hangover from the CA ammo ban and the reintroduction of shipping to MA?

Back
Top Bottom