• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Just noticed Target has .22 shorts for $0.07/rnd. Normally shorts would be more expensive, but they're now substantially cheaper than current LR options. Am I correct in the assumption that .22 shorts will still work with most .22 LR guns?

Funny thing about TSUSA turn around time... I can usually get a case in under three days.... I ordered a gun bag for my nephew and it is taking a week to get here!! Can't complain about their priorities- get the ammo out first!

Had a similar experience last week. Ordered a case and had it within three days. Order a partial case cause the didn’t have any full cases left (prior to ordering the full case) and it took two weeks.

When i look at the price /scarcity of 5.56 and 308, boy i am sure happy i sold off the scar 17 and now into an AR10 with still easily available 6.5 creedmoor ammo is.

Hardest part is actually finding the die sets. Have not found my Forster 6.5 die set in stock anywhere.

I would love to play with my AR15 but i won't touch the stash.

When i look at the price /scarcity of 5.56 and 308, boy i am sure happy i sold off the scar 17 and now into an AR10 with still easily available 6.5 creedmoor ammo is.

Hardest part is actually finding the die sets. Have not found my Forster 6.5 die set in stock anywhere.

I don’t really follow this logic. Quality 308 is just as available as 6.5 (just looked at TS) and you can actually get cheap steel case 308 for almost half the price of cheap 6.5. I like both rounds but for price and availability I’d still take 308 any day of the week.

I just picked up 5 boxes of WWB 10mm. They went from 26 boxes left to 6 in the 30 seconds it took for me to check out, so hopefully my order holds up and I get some more 10mm.

I don’t really follow this logic. Quality 308 is just as available as 6.5 (just looked at TS) and you can actually get cheap steel case 308 for almost half the price of cheap 6.5. I like both rounds but for price and availability I’d still take 308 any day of the week.

There was .55 cpr brass 6.5 recently.

Either one is easier to get and much less marked up than 5.56 currently is. All 3 are edging towards being similarly priced for the cheapest options

Thanks. I'm new to anything .22, and was wondering if this might be a cheap score. There goes that idea.

Runs great in my Marlin Lever gun. Also in my old Sears .22 semi. Both tube fed magazines. Both acquired cheaply.

Another bonus of running a lever gun? .22 CB rounds, basically primer only, sounds like a pellet gun but goes through 3/4" boards. Makes for fun plinking at my parents house.

Don't get it wrong when there is no panic, 308 brass cased is great and cheap and plentiful. But during panics 5.56 and 308 disappears off shelves while 6.5 usually stays.

Don't get it wrong when there is no panic, 308 brass cased is great and cheap and plentiful. But during panics 5.56 and 308 disappears off shelves while 6.5 usually stays.

For now. 6.5CM is becoming increasingly popular, and I’m sure current availability is part of that, but their performance and profile are also popular with people too. I don’t own anything that’s in 6.5CM, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t thinking about using my spare AR-10 upper to build it in 6.5 CM to go along with its .308/7.62x51 brother.

It is really fun @citoriguy

OK. How about Ruger 10/22 or Mark IV?
Maybe as a 'single shot'.
Not enough pressure to cycle the bolt properly. That and you would need to modify the magazine.

..22 Short are best suited to revolvers, certain bolt guns and single shot rifles.
~Enbloc

Oops. Too late. CatSnoutSoup nailed it...

Thanks. I'm new to anything .22, and was wondering if this might be a cheap score. There goes that idea.

You can find a .22bolt gun for very cheap money (unless it's something special) that will fire .22short, .22long and .22LongRifle.
This makes it a very versatile platform and you should consider keeping your eyes open for one...

~Enbloc

This was ordered on 7/24, .308 is still readily available especially the higher end stuff. I've also gotten steel case stuff for $7-8/20rds recently.

Screenshot_20200805-154406~2.png

magtech on 7/22
Price is about the same
I never count steel case into the equation because i don't reload steel.

Part#ProductQuantityPriceSub-Total
TSMT65A - MT65AMagtech 6.5 Creedmoor Ammo 140 Grain Full Metal Jacket Boat Tail-Box of 206$13.99$83.94

Just saw a review where .260 Rem and 6.5 Creedmore are pretty much the same except at longer distances (which most people don't do).

You can find a .22bolt gun for very cheap money (unless it's something special) that will fire .22short, .22long and .22LongRifle.
This makes it a very versatile platform and you should consider keeping your eyes open for one...

Also lever action, pump, and single shots.

Anybody shoot Makarov? I could use a few boxes, but don't have the "Prime", so if anybody in central MA is ordering, please PM me.

Back
Top Bottom