Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Guys--have reloading prices changed as well? This might be the straw that breaks the camel's back for me dipping my toe into reloading, but not if it's also an insane time to start this up. Plus, I don't have any spent brass at the moment, so that would eat into savings I suppose.
Primers might have gone up maybe $2-3. Powder, at least what I buy, and bullets are still the same.

The problem now is, 1. Finding primers (large pistol and rifle are in stock), but small pistol, forget it. 2. Shipping, if they limit to 1K, now you pay $35 + shipping + Hazmat, unless you can combine the shipping.

But you also wont save money, because you will shoot a lot more. Your cost per round will be lower and the quality of ammo will be a lot better.

Plinking 9mm, used for new shooters, I can reload for about half the cost of factory ammo.

My match ammo, because I use heavy bullets that only one company makes, and I use expensive powder, are still cheaper, but not by much, maybe 0.05/round cheaper. If I compare it to match ammo, then I'm saving a lot more than 0.05. Keep in mind, I compare it to the cheapest aluminum/steel casing ammo. Compared to better brass case ammo, I'm saving over 0.10/round.

(all prices compared to normal prices, not current retarded prices).

What's the consensus on reloadingunlimited.com? I grabbed some CCI small rifle primers from them about a week ago because they had them in stock but that was my first order.

I wish. I’m late to the party with regards to being able to buy anything in bulk, and now it’s all almost doubled in price. C’est la vie.

I probably should have bought more before but I’ll grab another case if I can get it sub .30, if not I’ll shoot more 22LR than 9mm for a while

I would honestly rather not shoot than pay $0.36 / rnd for some generic store brand ammo. That is actually insane.

Same here, but I think it's a matter of desperate times = desperate measures sort of thing. I can see someone buying a couple boxes in a pinch if they have nothing, but beyond that? better off waiting it out.

My nephew is dying for some to go play with his can that just got out of jail. I have no idea why he wasn't stocking up before this crap.
I just ordered 500 rounds of 38 Super but the pickings were slim. I didn't want to risk 1000 if the gun build doesn't like it.
Order arrived today. Can't complain about ten days from ordering to arriving.

If you're close enough Shooters Outpost was a few doll hairs cheaper.

The median at the better shops in southern NH that still have it is about $15 a box or 30cpr. Stock is tough right now so there is little incentive to lower the price. Even at $15/box most shops are turning away bulk purchasers.

If you're close enough Shooters Outpost was a few doll hairs cheaper.
Did they seem well stocked or did you just happen upon a shipment? I don’t live far, but it’s enough that I’d hate to make the trip if there’s a 0.1% chance of them having anything.

FWIW, I’ve always found really good prices at SO, especially considering the lack of sales tax.

Not sure if this is a good deal but another vendor I deal with, has Aguila and Fiocchi 38 super ammo for $16 and change per 50 plus shipping. They don't charge sales tax. PM if interested.
Go ahead and send it to me. I have no idea what this build is going to like. I'm hoping it's just like all my other pistols and it DGAF on the diet but you never know.

Did they seem well stocked or did you just happen upon a shipment? I don’t live far, but it’s enough that I’d hate to make the trip if there’s a 0.1% chance of them having anything.

FWIW, I’ve always found really good prices at SO, especially considering the lack of sales tax.
My brother called me 2 days ago and said they were well stocked in Amherst.

Same here, but I think it's a matter of desperate times = desperate measures sort of thing. I can see someone buying a couple boxes in a pinch if they have nothing, but beyond that? better off waiting it out.

Believe me, I’d rather not be paying that price but since I’m sitting on less than 600 rds of 9mm, I don’t really have a choice. A typical range trip with the sidearms is about 200 rds., so, math.
I rent, so reloading is out of the question(never mind sourcing pistol primers, apparently?) and by most accounts this isn’t going to end any time before November, potentially long after. So, if I’m shooting some of this overpriced 9mm in November in conjunction with gobs of .22, I’ll be fine with it. Not many (if any) alternatives.
Beggars/choosers and what not.

I would honestly rather not shoot than pay $0.36 / rnd for some generic store brand ammo. That is actually insane.
Plinking may be stunted, but training should go on. Shooting well is a perishable skill...

"Each $0.36 cent round, shot in earnest and not wasted, is worth $10* in training"...
~Enbloc

YMMV [rofl2]

Back
Top Bottom