• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Edit: Looks like enbloc beat me to the punch while I was on Chat. [laugh]

Privi subsonic in stock, at .36¢ with Prime(round price is inaccurate at .28¢ Chat confirmed). 55 cases left as of posting.

0.24 cents per round of 9mm. That is insane.

Is that a good price in todays market?
Anything under .30 is considered great, lol. .30 is basically market floor right now for brass cased 9mm. Last 2 cases I got were .26 cpr / no tax, and was happy to find it for that. Needless to say I’m grateful that I still have a ton of stuff I didn’t pay anywhere near that. My last pre corona lockdown case was .18 cpr.

I don't know how Target Sports is able to continue to acquire and move the stuff out as they are doing-an order for .357 (.46 a pop or boom really) was placed very late on 2 July arrived early this morning.

They really do deserve to be commended on not only the level of service but also on the fairness of pricing.

I’ve discovered it’s definitely worth it to sign up for text alerts for in-stock updates rather than email. Rookie move relying on email before.

I don't know how Target Sports is able to continue to acquire and move the stuff out as they are doing-an order for .357 (.46 a pop or boom really) was placed very late on 2 July arrived early this morning.

They really do deserve to be commended on not only the level of service but also on the fairness of pricing.
If you want a cheaper source for 357 mag ammo PM me. 30 cents per round shipped for reloaded 158 gr JHP ammo and 38 cents per round for new 158 gr JHP ammo. This price is for buying at least 500 rounds. Price is slightly cheaper if buying 1000 rounds. Really cheap prices on 38 spl too.

Only thing that sucks about that is the liability...

"YOUR ammo blew up my original new-in-box Royal Blue, 6-inch Colt Python that was handed down from my Great Grand-Pappy [angry2]"
"You'll be hearing from my lawyer/Mass State Police/ Dept. of Revenue/Atty Gen. Maura Healey and anyone else I can find on a GOOGLE search"... [rofl2]
Meh, I could create a holding company and that company hires a management company that hires me. Sue me, I will let the parent company go bankrupt. I would lose whatever money that company has, maybe a few thousand.

I would never set it up in MA, just over the border in Live Free and Pay High Property Taxes or Die State.

But I dont want to derrail thos thread.

If you want a cheaper source for 357 mag ammo PM me. 30 cents per round shipped for reloaded 158 gr JHP ammo and 38 cents per round for new 158 gr JHP ammo. This price is for buying at least 500 rounds. Price is slightly cheaper if buying 1000 rounds. Really cheap prices on 38 spl too.

Any .45??

I realize prices are higher right now than they’ve been in the past, but do we think it’s more likely that they’re headed higher or lower in the short to medium term? And what does a hypothetical Biden presidency do to the longer term price/availability forecast?

I realize prices are higher right now than they’ve been in the past, but do we think it’s more likely that they’re headed higher or lower in the short to medium term? And what does a hypothetical Biden presidency do to the longer term price/availability forecast?
I think the current trend will stick around for a while and a Biden presidency will make prices go through the roof. GET IT BEFORE THE BAN!

Any .45??
They do have 45 but the prices don’t seem to be anything special. Then again I don’t know the going rate for 45 nowadays.
These are their cheapest offerings (includes shipping and they don’t charge sales tax, must buy 500 rounds to get this per box pricing):
$15.74 for 185 gr SWC reloads
$16 for 230 gr round nose reloads
$19.25 for 185 gr JHP reloads
$19.84 for 230 gr JHP reloads
$20.50 for 230 gr round nose new ammo

Slightly cheaper if buying 1,000 rounds. For example the 230 gr round nose ammo would be $305 shipped. So you’d save 75 cents per box.

What RichC said... but here's what I had on the brain.

Figure about a grand to get started, although you can probably do it for half that if you skinflint. I haven't re-run the numbers lately but basically even with the premium components it was pretty much "buy two 1000rd cases of ammo get the third free" but you can do better than that depending on your component selection and so on. The best part is you can tailor the loads to your needs and desires. The next best part is that it's much easier to stockpile shitloads of materials than it is the stockpile shitloads of ammo because of the cost of the commercial ammo versus reloading materials. For example if I had still been reloading I probably would have had like 12+ thousand rounds worth of materials around at the start of Rona BS instead of only having like about 7000 rounds of 9mm around. It makes weathering shortages easier.

The other fun thing is it completely changes the dynamic of how you shoot and practice. When I reloaded 9 mm there was nearly zero consideration to how much I was expending. I would bring a tub of like 400+ rounds for the range and probably still leave with some, not even thinking about long-term impact because I knew I had like 4-8000 rds worth of materials on tap. I basically made batches of like four to six hundred rounds at a time. Best part was i developed a 124gn load that ran all my guns well, median was 1100ish fps out of a P228. It even worked well in PCCs and MassMark's UZI. Not to mention, probably cleaner than 50% of the factory stuff out there, too.. my stuff wasn't +p but not the fluffernutter loads everyone else likes to make... but that's the thing- if you need / want them, they are there. And stuff like 124 and 147s aren't much of an upcharge like they are often on the commercial side.....

Mike, can you share your recipe for the 124gr 9mm loads?

It's time for me to dust off the reloading press...

i do reload 5.56 in volume. easy have 7k loaded. i save/hoard the factory stuff and don't know why really. i stockpiled 12 ibs of the powder i use for it and bulk buy the bullets from glens. and reload pretty much everything i shoot. 10mm, 357, 45 colt, 45acp, 44 sp, 44 mag, 357 sig. i just like reloading, working up loads and it's basically a winter thing. i'll load all winter.

i won't break my factory round cost down to the penny. ordering online is worth it to me. my time to chase it down, my truck sucks down gas...it all adds to the cost of retrieving it somewhere and that's usually new hampshire. i don't care if it goes up in price, convenience is king. let it come to my door.

i'm just afraid if it goes to my blm church lady neighbor and she impulsively opens it, she will red flag me. i doubt she could actually pick up the box anyway. lol

12 pounds of powder sounds like a lot but it will be enough to reload 3300 rounds more or less.

What will you do when the zombies arrive???

:)

Guys--have reloading prices changed as well? This might be the straw that breaks the camel's back for me dipping my toe into reloading, but not if it's also an insane time to start this up. Plus, I don't have any spent brass at the moment, so that would eat into savings I suppose.

Guys--have reloading prices changed as well? This might be the straw that breaks the camel's back for me dipping my toe into reloading, but not if it's also an insane time to start this up. Plus, I don't have any spent brass at the moment, so that would eat into savings I suppose.
If you can find it prices have been about the same. Definitely no big jumps like ammo has.

Mike, can you share your recipe for the 124gr 9mm loads?

It's time for me to dust off the reloading press...
I used 124 gr cmj (fully enclosed,jacketed), 1.155 OAL, 4.2 grs of Titegroup. You can go lower but IMHO the guns will run the best at 4.2. I loaded up at least 12,000 rounds this way. Ran in Sig P228 (2 diff guns) Glock 17, 19, 34, HK P7M8, CZ Shadow 1 CT, And a bunch of “guest” guns too. #s and recoil similar to “warm but not +p” factory ammo. Dirt level probably slightly cleaner than most cheap off the shelf ammo.

12 pounds of powder sounds like a lot but it will be enough to reload 3300 rounds more or less.
when i got that powder we were in a drought, no powder to be had anywhere for 223/5.56. f***ing lucky to have gotten that at the time.
as i mentioned, i'm sitting on 7k+ reloaded already and my factory stash is healthy. 7000 rds to me is 3, maybe 4 years of range trips.

Not really. But availability of primers sure has changed which I'm sure you already knew. Seems like the only place to luck out on getting primers is Cabelas - though they're probably cleaned out after @84ta406's post the other day lol

I haven't bought powder in a few years. When I started reloading about a dozen years ago most powders were about $100 for an eight pound jug. Seems like it's about double that now.

I did pay about $150 for a few jugs back in the 2012 shortage after Sandy Hook. But 8 pound jugs seem to be in the $200 range now.

An 8 pound jug will provide approximately 2200 rounds of .223/5.56. About 12,000 rounds of 9mm. This is really dependent on the powder and how hot or weak you load them. At current prices a .223 round will cost about a dime worth of powder. And a couple pennies for 9mm. I used 25gr loads for .223 and 5gr loads for 9mm do do the math.

Here's a fun fact. If reloading .50 BMG you'll get about 28 rounds per pound of powder. Close to $1 of powder per load. 50 cents for a primer. And close to $1 for the bullet. And that's still cheaper than the $4-$6 per round you'll pay today.

Good luck!

I used 124 gr cmj (fully enclosed,jacketed), 1.155 OAL, 4.2 grs of Titegroup. You can go lower but IMHO the guns will run the best at 4.2. I loaded up at least 12,000 rounds this way. Ran in Sig P228 (2 diff guns) Glock 17, 19, 34, HK P7M8, CZ Shadow 1 CT, And a bunch of “guest” guns too. #s and recoil similar to “warm but not +p” factory ammo. Dirt level probably slightly cleaner than most cheap off the shelf ammo.

I’ve only loaded 5.56, but thinking about getting a 9mm die set. What primers do you like for 9mm?

I’ve only loaded 5.56, but thinking about getting a 9mm die set. What primers do you like for 9mm?

I used CCI, Win, and Fed primers in 9mm, although by volume it was CCI probably the lions share over the others... chosen based on cost and availability, more than
anything else. They all ran well. These days I would also consider Fiocchi if you can find them, guys I know have had pretty good luck with them.

The prices of mats go up a little here and there, mostly tracking inflation and material costs. More likely you are going to encounter stuff not being around vs the price being inflated much,
because most reloaders are intolerant of price rape etc and will go without, or buy way, way less than way overpay for stuff. Or will seek alternatives before they overpay for something. This helps keep prices well-tamped, but the downside is stuff can get cleaned out. The key is obviously like anything else... when the market is fat, buy mats. That way when things suck, you have stuff to load....

That's a tough pill to swallow. I also feel bad for people who want to shoot 50 BMG. A 10 round mag is currently $54. at Target. Not sure what it was before this all went down, but that seems crazy.
If you are spending the money to get a nice gun that can shoot 50 BMG, you have to reload. Or you just have a lot of disposable income.

Back
Top Bottom