Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

I ordered some .22 and .308 Gold Medal Match on 3/17.

As of today 3/30, it has not yet shipped.

Its not a big deal. The .308 is just to replace what I shot at the beginning of the month and the .22 is for my dad who lives in CT and doesn't like to shop online anywhere other than Amazon.

As a reloader, as long as this doesn't last more than 5 or 6 years, I'm ok.

I have a ton of ammo why am I so reluctant to go to the range. I feel like I can’t replace it as easily obviously. I said in a prior post I have about 1 thousand rounds of 556 and 4 to 5 thousand 9mm. I might shoot 500 rounds on range day but don’t even want to go.

I have a ton of ammo why am I so reluctant to go to the range. I feel like I can’t replace it as easily obviously. I said in a prior post I have about 1 thousand rounds of 556 and 4 to 5 thousand 9mm. I might shoot 500 rounds on range day but don’t even want to go.

Well, if your range is closed due to the virus, you can use that as an excuse.

PMC xm855 in stock $0.37/round. 99+ in stock

Tulaamo/WPA 762x39 in stock. $0.23 and $0.28/round. 99+ in stock for both

Remington 12 gauge slugs and 00 buck both in stock. Both $0.73/round. 99+ in stock

Blazer 9mm oos as of now. As far as 9mm, 40sw, 45acp nothing in stock except for gucci/frangible/self defense loads

Wide variety of match grade 308 available

Wide variety of 6.5 Creedmoor available (I think. I dont shoot it myself but seems to be a wide price range from $0.51 and up)

Fed Am. Eagle 22lr in stock at $0.05/round. 99+ in stock. CCI Stinger in stock as well at $0.09/round. Good amount of 22lr available but a lot of it is specialty sub-sonic/match/quiet/etc.

Still saying to expect up to 15 day shipping delay.

Well, if your range is closed due to the virus, you can use that as an excuse.
Instead of blowing 500 rounds blasting away. Keep it to 150 rounds and do some actual meaningful drills and practice. Get a shot timer and do some double taps or mozambique drills. Load 2 or 3 rounds at random and practice reloads, do some dry fire. Most importantly, live a little, de-stress and enjoy the fresh air, you can't take your ammo to the grave with you.

Instead of blowing 500 rounds blasting away. Keep it to 150 rounds and do some actual meaningful drills and practice. Get a shot timer and do some double taps or mozambique drills. Load 2 or 3 rounds at random and practice reloads, do some dry fire. Most importantly, live a little, de-stress and enjoy the fresh air, you can't take your ammo to the grave with you.
Any recommendations for an entry-level shot timer?

bulk case of 5.56 ordered 3/25, being delivered today. Not prime. No rhyme or reason to shipments, not that it bothers me they are swapped and don't need the ammo.

I just received part of my order from TSUSA, 1000 rnds. AE223, but did not receive the 5k rnds of AE .22 LR I ordered. I checked the website for "my orders" and there's no indication the .22 LR did not ship. My charge card was charged for the complete order. I sent an e-mail since they are not answering the phone, hopefully I get it before there is no more!
My AE .22lr red box of 1k is arriving today ordered on 3/25

Still nothing on my 17 MAR or my 25 MAR orders.
Wow. 3/17? That definitely represents some bottleneck in their shipping department. I also know Amazon workers are about to strike. Since everything is shutdown UPS/FedEx must be balls to the wall. Imagine the volume of online orders since the federal and state emergencies?

WRT to TS I bet their staff is under extreme pressure. Are they even able to hire the help they need? Are there enough applicants during this downturn even with those who are taking unemployment?

Wow. 3/17? That definitely represents some bottleneck in their shipping department. I also know Amazon workers are about to strike. Since everything is shutdown UPS/FedEx must be balls to the wall. Imagine the volume of online orders since the federal and state emergencies?

WRT to TS I bet their staff is under extreme pressure. Are they even able to hire the help they need? Are there enough applicants during this downturn even with those who are taking unemployment?

Well, we’re still in the 15 day window for the first order, but it is a bit frustrating to see all of the orders made after mine already arrive at their destinations. I don’t NEED anything from either order, but I did split the 2nd order with someone else, who thankfully doesn’t need it either.

I can only imagine how slammed they are. As for labor, how are they going to test every applicant and bring them in safely if they feel comfortable that they’ve done all they can to keep their existing workforce safe?

I can only imagine how slammed they are. As for labor, how are they going to test every applicant and bring them in safely if they feel comfortable that they’ve done all they can to keep their existing workforce safe?
And these applicants as well are not handling cheeseburgers.

I've got 5 separate piece meal orders placed back to the 20th with no movement. Sent them an email saying maybe they can combine. I'm guessing they are servicing mostly full case lots first as its way easier to break down a pallet. Hunt and peck on specialty stuff is probably such a time sink they only dedicate one person to those orders and everyone else handles the case lot stuff. Just a guess.

I've got 5 separate piece meal orders placed back to the 20th with no movement. Sent them an email saying maybe they can combine. I'm guessing they are servicing mostly full case lots first as its way easier to break down a pallet. Hunt and peck on specialty stuff is probably such a time sink they only dedicate one person to those orders and everyone else handles the case lot stuff. Just a guess.

I have no solid evidence to back this up, but it seems that full-case orders ship much faster than "mixed bag" orders. I've noticed my full-case orders are out the door almost same-day; I've got a
"3 boxes of this, 2 boxes of that" order that's still waiting on a tracking number, long after my case-lot orders have shipped. It might make sense that the "grab two cases of that" type order might be faster to process.

Just a thought.

bulk case of 5.56 ordered 3/25, being delivered today. Not prime. No rhyme or reason to shipments, not that it bothers me they are swapped and don't need the ammo.

A betting man might hedge his bet by ordering the same product 2 or 3 times at close, but different times of the same day,
then cancel the other two orders when one of them gets pulled for shipment... or, not.

Not a very friendly option towards other buyers, but might be effective.
The other two orders would just go back into stock... Just sayin'

Of the past few months, I've placed multiple orders for cases on one day, and had them shipped at different times. The orders I've placed for multiples of cases only, have arrived within 5 days. My latest outstanding order is from the morning of 3/22, with no tracking # yet. A couple other orders for piecemeal quantities are all waiting for tracking numbers. It does seem that full cases do get shipped more quickly.

I have no solid evidence to back this up, but it seems that full-case orders ship much faster than "mixed bag" orders. I've noticed my full-case orders are out the door almost same-day; I've got a
"3 boxes of this, 2 boxes of that" order that's still waiting on a tracking number, long after my case-lot orders have shipped. It might make sense that the "grab two cases of that" type order might be faster to process.

Just a thought.

I mentioned this a few pages back. The second order I placed was for 2 cases of .308, the first for 5 boxes of 10mm. I do think it’s easier to slap a sticker on a case and send it out rather than hunt for individual boxes of things, especially if it’s a caliber that people are buying a lot of cases of.

Of the past few months, I've placed multiple orders for cases on one day, and had them shipped at different times. The orders I've placed for multiples of cases only, have arrived within 5 days. My latest outstanding order is from the morning of 3/22, with no tracking # yet. A couple other orders for piecemeal quantities are all waiting for tracking numbers. It does seem that full cases do get shipped more quickly.
Yep. Something is better than nothing...

Back
Top Bottom