Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Ordered Monday and it got delivered yesterday. Think theres to some extent a mini panic or a pre-panic going on so it's to be expected that they're not going to be on their 2 days from order to front door schedule.
Yup. I’m in no rush to get this ammo anyways.

Me neither. Federal has a rebate going, I needed some ammo, figured I’d order some. If it weren’t for this forum talking about people “panic buying” I wouldn’t have even thought about that.

Just got a shipping confirmation email now anyways.

Still need AK hollow points
x39 is the only ammo that makes sense for me to buy at this point. Sadly, TSUSA is out of stock. So instead I bought some 223 to help ease the shipping cost of ordering that pink CCI 22 ammo - caved in to the wife, and bought some for her. Maybe that will get her to come to the range with me, with her pink SR22...

x39 is the only ammo that makes sense for me to buy at this point. Sadly, TSUSA is out of stock. So instead I bought some 223 to help ease the shipping cost of ordering that pink CCI 22 ammo - caved in to the wife, and bought some for her. Maybe that will get her to come to the range with me, with her pink SR22...
Yeah Wolf MC x39 hollow points are a screaming deal at 18cents/rd.

I don't own any 22lr, but I saw a 5000rd case of 22 HP for 3 cents/rd. Wow! Im sure it'll come back. It'll justify me joining the 22 gang.

I've been mulling a membership for a while but can't justify the cost. I'm not in a place financialy to be buying by the case meaning that I pay for shipping from TS. This makes wally world cheaper and that's what I've been doing.
So, I have a question. On top of free shipping, are prices reduced for ammo as a whole, with a membership? Or just by the case? Is that $5.39 box of Wolf gold $4.99 for members? I'm trying to run a business case analysis on the memberahip fee and some additional info woud be helpful.
Thanks.

I've been mulling a membership for a while but can't justify the cost. I'm not in a place financialy to be buying by the case meaning that I pay for shipping from TS. This makes wally world cheaper and that's what I've been doing.
So, I have a question. On top of free shipping, are prices reduced for ammo as a whole, with a membership? Or just by the case? Is that $5.39 box of Wolf gold $4.99 for members? I'm trying to run a business case analysis on the memberahip fee and some additional info woud be helpful.
Thanks.
Discount on everything. You could order a single box of 22 and youd get the discount plus theyll ship it to you for free. Box of Wolf Gold is listed at $4.96 rn.

I bought almost $500 in ammo the other day. As a prime member I saved exaclty $95 on that one order, the exact price of the prime membership.
But it also wasnt my only order since I became a prime member a few months back.
So I've saved significantly more money than that so far this year.
Having prime almost makes me want to buy more ammo. Target sports owns me.
And ordering one box with free shipping is absurdly great.

Hot damn. That certinaly makes getting my $95 back much easier. Thanks for the information

It's easy to make the membership pay for itself. I made a rather large purchase recently because I just happened to be running low on every caliber I have, and beyond the free shipping, I saved over $400 from where I had been purchasing ammo previously.

Edit - here’s my original post:

Target Sports Delivering Again

Thanks.

I, too, was contemplating whether to sign up for Prime or not, since I wasn't sure whether I could recoup the cost or not. But then I figured that my signing up would be my way of saying thanks to the only online retailer willing to ship to this wonderful, M'ass backward state of ours. A goodwill gesture on my part as a thanks for their goodwill gesture, if you will. But since then, I've begun to realize that I will likely double, if not triple my return on investment over the course of the first year alone, with all the purchases I've made, and expect to make.

Frank

I told my friends last week to buy ammo. they said no run on ammo this time. I told them they were wrong. By mid week last week guys were saying Target Sports ran out of their favorite Ak ammo flavors. I bought a case of 124 gr.9mm blazer brass last week. It was delivered on Tuesday. This evening a friend just texted me to say that Target Sports is now also out of 124gr., 9mm, blazer brass ammo, but don't be concerned because my friends still say there is no panic buying. Update. Two hours after I posted this originally, All flavors of 9mm blazer brass bulk are now gone, as is .45acp and three of the five flavors of .38 blazer.

Last edited:
Ugh, while I'd rather support my LGS I'm starting to come around on the idea of using TS simply for the fact I'd like to be able to purchase by the case.

That said, is there a typical delivery window as sometimes my work hours can vary and it would be nice to have a general idea when to expect a delivery? IF I were to get on board I'd probably go the Prime route because IIRC I had read somewhere that Prime orders, regardless the size of the order, are given shipping priority(whether that's fact or fiction I've no idea).

Ugh, while I'd rather support my LGS I'm starting to come around on the idea of using TS simply for the fact I'd like to be able to purchase by the case.

That said, is there a typical delivery window as sometimes my work hours can vary and it would be nice to have a general idea when to expect a delivery? IF I were to get on board I'd probably go the Prime route because IIRC I had read somewhere that Prime orders, regardless the size of the order, are given shipping priority(whether that's fact or fiction I've no idea).

I think the delivery window is up to fed ex or ups.

I told my friends last week to buy ammo. they said no run on ammo this time. I told them they were wrong. By mid week last week guys were saying Target Sports ran out of their favorite Ak ammo flavors. I bought a case of 124 gr.9mm blazer brass last week. It was delivered on Tuesday. This evening a friend just texted me to say that Target Sports is now also out of 124gr., 9mm, blazer brass ammo, but don't be concerned because my friends still say there is no panic buying. Update. Two hours after I posted this originally, All flavors of 9mm blazer brass bulk are now gone, as is .45acp and three of the five flavors of .38 blazer.

Well, that escalated quickly!

I think the delivery window is up to fed ex or ups.
That completely depends on the delivery route of your local UPS driver.

I should have been more specific, I'm wondering as to the amount of days it would take to get from TS to me(2-3 days?). That way I could make sure I'm around that day for the delivery. I had my former UPS guy trained perfectly to where you could just about set your watch to his arrival, curiously I always seemed to have an extra burger or dog on the grill when he stopped by ~12:15. Damn near Pavlovian. [laugh]

Now that I'm pondering it, I wonder if I could just change the delivery point once it's shipped to pick it up at the depot in Sagamore.

All hail the second coming of .40?!

I should have been more specific, I'm wondering as to the amount of days it would take to get from TS to me(2-3 days?). That way I could make sure I'm around that day for the delivery. I had my former UPS guy trained perfectly to where you could just about set your watch to his arrival, curiously I always seemed to have an extra burger or dog on the grill when he stopped by ~12:15. Damn near Pavlovian. [laugh]

Now that I'm pondering it, I wonder if I could just change the delivery point once it's shipped to pick it up at the depot in Sagamore.

I had been getting deliveries on the second day after I ordered. (CT to north of Boston). But my most recent shipment looks to be that they didn’t ship until two days after the order. I think they may be getting saturated with orders. ...

Game of Thrones voice:
“Panic-buying is coming...”

I was just on their site and everything I would buy is mostly 99+ available. Even things I normally wouldn’t use, (Blazer, PPU, etc.) seemed to be in stock. To be fair, I only sorted the calibers by what’s in stock, clicked on the product, and then toggled the quantity to the case amount. Definitely not a true scientific analysis, but just my observation.

Of course, the problem now is that I’ve seen that what I normally shoot is in stock, and am curious if I need another 8K rounds of the various calibers I have or if I want to get divorced for the second time...

You can have it held at a depot. You could also add a note in the shipping instructions to have it shipped/held at XYZ location? That’s what I do for hazmat orders from other online vendors.

Ordered a couple of cases of 9 on Saturday afternoon when they were closed. It's on the UPS truck this morning at 3AM and coming my way today, Tuesday. Very nice.

do you like money and freedom?

Well getting divorced takes money out of the equation, and making the purchase would likely result in my wife trying to get more involved in our finances, so I’ll lose a bit of freedom. She saw the bill for the previous order, I’ll be making smaller, more discreet purchases.

Jokes apart, I’m good on quantity. Yes, you can’t have enough, but there’s only so much room in the safe.

Back
Top Bottom