Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

That you are receiving frequent shipments of perfume or cans of WD40? :eek:

:emoji_tiger:

Ha! I've received those type of items before and have never seen one of these stickers. In fact, my Duracoat and paint stripper delivery just a couple weeks ago should have technically had that sticker on it too, but didn't. I've only ever received it on ammo.

Target just switched from UPS to FedEx here in Philadelphia. It kind of sucks because I have a reliable UPS guy who I know, the FedEx guy must be mildly retarded, he gets my front porch sometimes but at least half the time he puts it on either of my neighbors porches.

Target just switched from UPS to FedEx here in Philadelphia. It kind of sucks because I have a reliable UPS guy who I know, the FedEx guy must be mildly retarded, he gets my front porch sometimes but at least half the time he puts it on either of my neighbors porches.

It goes UPS>Fedex>homeless man paid $3. to bring you a package>Amazon Drivers in terms of reliability.

I get the feeling Fedex guys sometimes knowingly drop off items all at one location to minimize their trips, thinking that a delivery just a door away will sort itself out. I get an abutting business' packages all the time. What part of "I'm not a barber shop" that I tell the Fedex guy does he not understand? With Amazon Drivers, I'm lucky to get the package at all. Who leaves a package literally on the ground outside of the front door of a building in the middle of a city and posts "at mailbox" in the delivery comments?

They did the opposite here, going from FedEx to UPS. A very welcome change, at least for me.

Wow. Sorry to hear of the great disparities between carriers. Here we went from Fed Ex>UPS. Both have been exceptional but it must depend only on the personality driving that brown or white truck.

Theres plenty of UPS haters out there so Im sure it has everything to do with the guy doing your particular route. The last straw for me was FDX leaving a package on the front porch on the top step. It sat in the rain all day. Another 2 1/2 steps and they could have left it up against the house and it wouldve stayed dry.

Also was home once waiting for a C&R delivery. Heard the truck out front, guy jogs up the front steps, knocks and immediately jogs back to the truck. I opened the door and was like "Hey!?!" He was just stepping back into the truck. Said "oh sorry, no one is ever home for these..." Compare that to my UPS guy who walks stuff up the driveway to the side door. If it fits, he'll leave it between the storm door and the side door so its dry and out of sight. He'll also wrap it in plastic if it even looks like it might rain. Never had any issues with UPS.

Amazon is starting a Delivery System were the UPS/FedEx/who ever can put your packages in your garage...

You buy the system from them and plug it into your garage door, they come and send you a message, you can watch them open the door, drop your package and then close the door... I think it was around $300 to $400 for the system...

Not bad if it works, you know your stuff is inside so the Porch Rats can't run up to your house and steal your packages...

It goes UPS>Fedex>homeless man paid $3. to bring you a package>Amazon Drivers in terms of reliability.

I get the feeling Fedex guys sometimes knowingly drop off items all at one location to minimize their trips, thinking that a delivery just a door away will sort itself out. I get an abutting business' packages all the time. What part of "I'm not a barber shop" that I tell the Fedex guy does he not understand? With Amazon Drivers, I'm lucky to get the package at all. Who leaves a package literally on the ground outside of the front door of a building in the middle of a city and posts "at mailbox" in the delivery comments?

I received an email from Target Sports this morning saying based on feedback they switched carriers and used UPS to ship my ammo. Somebody got in their ear or maybe they see this thread, who knows.

Amazon is starting a Delivery System were the UPS/FedEx/who ever can put your packages in your garage...

You buy the system from them and plug it into your garage door, they come and send you a message, you can watch them open the door, drop your package and then close the door... I think it was around $300 to $400 for the system...

Not bad if it works, you know your stuff is inside so the Porch Rats can't run up to your house and steal your packages...

That's not bad, but only works if you have a personal garage. For the time being, anything of significant value ordered by Amazon gets sent to an Amazon locker or UPS store to prevent snatching. Just a byproduct of City living where I see tons of empty Amazon boxes littered around the streets from door snatches. Mostly junkies, but I've caught kids from a local school snatching too.

Whelp - I took the TSUSA dive this morning. I was in "need" of some ammo, as well as some parts for a couple of builds I'm working through. I thought I'd do a side-by-side comparison and add the identical item to each site's cart (except for one item, and the closest one to what was needed was $0.49 higher at Site 2, so not a big deal). I could even upload my state credentials directly on the site.

Even after adding the Prime membership, the savings from TSUSA over the other guys was $466.17. I can't imagine needing to shop anywhere for anything else - standard items, of course - ever again. The $470 is going into my rainy day fund, or maybe my cash gun purchase so the wife doesn't notice it fund.

Whelp - I took the TSUSA dive this morning. I was in "need" of some ammo, as well as some parts for a couple of builds I'm working through. I thought I'd do a side-by-side comparison and add the identical item to each site's cart (except for one item, and the closest one to what was needed was $0.49 higher at Site 2, so not a big deal). I could even upload my state credentials directly on the site.

Even after adding the Prime membership, the savings from TSUSA over the other guys was $466.17. I can't imagine needing to shop anywhere for anything else - standard items, of course - ever again. The $470 is going into my rainy day fund, or maybe my cash gun purchase so the wife doesn't notice it fund.

I use Target Sports 80% of the time, sometimes I use SMA. They are also really good at what they do. The difference is they charge shipping so the cost can be slightly more than Target but its a good option if Target is out of stock. If someone isn't Target prime and buying non-cases SMA will usually be cheaper. This time of the year I shoot a lot of .204 Ruger 32 grain VMax, the last time I ordered Target was OOS and it was a couple of dollars cheaper on SMA for 400 rounds.

SGAmmo.com | Family Owned and Operated Ammo Sales, Stillwater OK

I received an email from Target Sports this morning saying based on feedback they switched carriers and used UPS to ship my ammo. Somebody got in their ear or maybe they see this thread, who knows.
I had sent them an email once saying liked everything about them except the last 20 feet of delivery. Told them I hated fedex. Got a reply from the president of the company at 11pm that night saying starting that Monday they were using ups. I'm sure it was in the works and not because of my email but it was a nice surprise.

A month ago, I ordered about $350 of ammo without prime. Then I bought prime an hour later and emailed them to apply the discount to my order. Haven't heard anything. Does anyone know at which point they retroactively apply prime?

A month ago, I ordered about $350 of ammo without prime. Then I bought prime an hour later and emailed them to apply the discount to my order. Haven't heard anything. Does anyone know at which point they retroactively apply prime?

I didn’t know prime could be retroactive. Did you read this on the site somewhere?

I would have made a phone call, if needed you could have cancelled your order and re-ordered under prime. Either way, I'd make a phone call now and ask about it if you haven't heard anything back from the email.

I bought the Prime with the full order, so the discount was applied immediately. I’m going to keep looking out for some of their quick, stupid-low flash sales because they’re really awesome according to prior posts here.

I have a feeling my UPS man knows what the "ORM-D" sticker on my deliveries means. He's typically a super friendly guy, but gets all serious and almost nervous looking when he has to carry a case to my door, like dropping it will cause all the rounds to go off. I almost want to explain that this would never happen, but I figure it is probably best to leave it alone.

No, he's wondering why a dude needs so much perfume.

That's not bad, but only works if you have a personal garage. For the time being, anything of significant value ordered by Amazon gets sent to an Amazon locker or UPS store to prevent snatching. Just a byproduct of City living where I see tons of empty Amazon boxes littered around the streets from door snatches. Mostly junkies, but I've caught kids from a local school snatching too.

Imagine what'll happen when the EBT and ATM cards stop working for a month.

Get out of the city.

I bought the Prime with the full order, so the discount was applied immediately. I’m going to keep looking out for some of their quick, stupid-low flash sales because they’re really awesome according to prior posts here.

Flash sales? Do they send notifications for that?
The emails I get are the same old prices, nothing is priced differently.

Flash sales? Do they send notifications for that?
The emails I get are the same old prices, nothing is priced differently.

I think they do, but I think they’re more word of mouth. I just joined today and have been reading about them here and other forums for some time now, so that’s all the info I can provide.

Usually they send out a weekly email. Sometimes prices have dropped a penny or two per round. A lot of times prices are the same. This past week they advertised the 50% off HST sale. First time I recall a specific brand being mentioned in one of their emails tbh. Usually its a generic subject line with like Wolf Gold 223, CCI 22lr, Remington 9mm, etc in the body of the email.

Target Sports has all 50 round boxes of Federal HST at 50% off with Prime right now. Got a box of 45 acp and 2 boxes of +P 9mm for $60 total.
Well today none of the HST is showing up in the cart as 50% off so I guess that deal is done. Most of it is now out of stock.

I'm wondering if the sale was to soften the blow of the ten dollar per box price increase? When I first start buying the 124 gr HST it was $27.59 per box with my Prime Membership. I remember reading that they had bought a supply of it and when it ran out that would be the end of that price. I'm assuming that's what happened. Either way, $36.79 with the membership is still a good price, plus with the sale I bought enough to get me through a while. Not like I'm shooting HP every time I go to the range.

I have a question for anyone that can answer. I recently moved to a new town and completed the change of address paperwork and sent it in. Will Target Sports ship to my new address even though it is not the one on my LTC?

I have a question for anyone that can answer. I recently moved to a new town and completed the change of address paperwork and sent it in. Will Target Sports ship to my new address even though it is not the one on my LTC?
Call and ask. Youll get a better answer from them than you will from us.

Back
Top Bottom