• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

They must be slowing down the 223 is still in stock and they've only gone through 19 of 30 cases in about two hours ish
Come to think of it, my original post may have not been accurate. It said 99+ just now, as it had at 830, but when I typed in 50 cases it changed to 10 in stock. It seems that the actual number of in stock items is only visible when you enter a number that it higher than the number they have in stock. (maybe?)

eta- or, they are limiting purchases to only 10 case at a time? Or the 99+ refers to 20 round boxes

The amount of firearms and ammunition in civilian hands at this point must be beyond ridiculous. Hopefully the spurt over the last month or so had a good amount of right-minded first timers and not just idiots like us who build igloos in the basement out of ammo cases.

I was hesitant but went ahead and ordered a few boxes to try it out.

Steel case is fine in most firearms. Packaging 556 in 20 round packages makes me crazy lol. I hate having to open two packs to fill a mag and have 10 left over, so then I load two mags, I may have OCD. Give me bulk, maybe, and its a huge maybe it would be cool in a 30 round pack.

Steel case is fine in most firearms. Packaging 556 in 20 round packages makes me crazy lol. I hate having to open two packs to fill a mag and hav e 10 left over, so then I load two mags, I may have OCD. Give me bulk, maybe, and its a huge maybe it would be cool in a 30 round pack.
You could always buy a 10rd mag.. ;)

No sh!t! I had just heard the other day of a Turkish company that used to package 556 in 30 round boxes and thought why hadnt anyone else thought of that?

No sh!t! I had just heard the other day of a Turkish company that used to package 556 in 30 round boxes and thought why hadnt anyone else thought of that?

I've got a bunch of that ZQI SS109, in 30rd boxes. The boxes pretty much open themselves as soon as they"re handled.

Last edited:
I've got a bunch of that ZQI SS109, in 30rd boxes. The boxes pretty much open themselves as soon as their handled.
Well that sucks I would think. Are they so fragile that it offsets the convenience of having 30 rounds in a box? Doesnt matter I guess. Iirc, they arent being imported anymore anyway.

You could always buy a 10rd mag.. ;)

I have 4 10 round mags. The problem is they are for an FN F2000, the other problem its a gun I've never owned. They were shipped to me by mistake and the company told me to keep them. I've thought about giving them away for free here but how many people actually own an F2000 and live in Massachusetts.

Hows this? Thirty round boxes that double as stripper clips. Pull a tab on the side, slide it into place on the top of the mag, one side is partially exposed to allow access for your finger to push down on the stack to charge the mag. Sort of like a stripper clip for a K31. Throw away when youre done. [thumbsup]

What is a good price RIGHT NOW for 9mm and 223? What is a good one to "add to cart" RIGHT NOW (link)?

Asking for friends.

What is a good price RIGHT NOW for 9mm and 223? What is a good one to "add to cart" RIGHT NOW (link)?

Asking for friends.
Steel cased 223 has been selling in the mid twenty cents per round, 9mm between 15 and low twenties? Ive seen steel 9mm for 15 cents but they all come and go quickly. RIGHT NOW there might only be gucci 223 in stock for 70 cents a round. Not a bad idea to find some cheap stuff on Targetsports, set up an alert so that when it comes back in stock they will text you or send you an email. Stuff comes and goes so quickly its hard to just give you a link to somewhere and expect it to be in stock.

OK, thanks. I thought I read several posts above that it is starting to level off.

RIGHT HERE:
Come to think of it, my original post may have not been accurate. It said 99+ just now, as it had at 830, but when I typed in 50 cases it changed to 10 in stock. It seems that the actual number of in stock items is only visible when you enter a number that it higher than the number they have in stock. (maybe?)
eta- or, they are limiting purchases to only 10 case at a time? Or the 99+ refers to 20 round boxes
Yeah I think the panic is almost over. Cheap cases are staying in stock for longer.

Last edited:
OK, thanks. I thought I read several posts above that it is starting to level off.
I bought a case of steel 9mm for 15 cents a round this morning. Thats fairly normal, although usually you can get brass for that sometimes.

im going to shoot them out of my canik and that eats anything.

And I would think it would. probably 1/16 of the country just filed unemployment or is planned to. Maybe more.

When you dont have a job you really should be overstocking ammo.

This “shortage” could litterally turn into an oversupply in a month or two the way things are going

The steel 9mm at $0.15 is a better deal than the steel 223 at $0.23 IMO.

Unless you're dying for 223, I would be patient and wait for a better deal.

Asking for friends.

When in stock, you can get 9mm at Target Sports for about .26 cents per round and less, depending on what brand you like, etc. That's for brass case, and it's FMJ. The hollow points are going for .80 per round.

.223 you can get for about .35 cents per round, again, depending on the brand you like and it's FMJ..

Prior to this the price was about .17 cents per round for the 9mm and .28 cents for the .223.

They must be slowing down the 223 is still in stock and they've only gone through 19 of 30 cases in about two hours ish
Someone saw your post since it’s gone now.

Edit: my browser was not refreshed but right now the UPS guy showed up. He spent sometime to reload the boxes because it fell apart. 😒

And no discreet packaging
84E970B2-6ACA-4FE9-820E-693B7FB18A8E.jpeg

Last edited:
Should actually be 28 or 29 rd boxes. Nobody actually loads 30rds.

Magpul swears theirs will fit 31 and a mag loaded with 30 with seat easily in a rifle with the bolt closed

Odd, I shoot 30 all the time.

On another note I bought a case of IMI through SGAMMO once that came with boxes of 30. The boxes of 50 from Fiocchi was always bizarre to me. It is like hot dogs come in a pack of 12 and the rolls come in packs of 8, or vice versa. been a while since I shopped for a bbq.

Glad to see my order arrive - placed 3/16, "shipped" 4/2, really shipped 4/3, arrived 4/4. Discrete packaging only because it was a multi-caliber (9mm, 38sp, 357 mag) small order (by the standards on here).

MEN, a German company, makes excellent quality M193 that is packaged in 30 round boxes.
I just grabbed a box and took this photo for you.
For price reference I bought a case (34 boxes of 30) from TSUSA in 4/2018 for $329.

QWqoyEM.jpg

🐯

Placed my order order for a case of PPU .38 Sp. Mar 12. After no word, I emailed customer service Mar 21 and figured I was too late. Got an immediate response from TS President with directive to shipping dept to get my order out that night. One week later nothing. Emailed again, immediate response from President of company again that he would personally ship my order. I am not a prime member, but Package arrived today. What a great company! They will always have my business.

MEN, a German company, makes excellent quality M193 that is packaged in 30 round boxes.
I just grabbed a box and took this photo for you.
For price reference I bought a case (34 boxes of 30) from TSUSA in 4/2018 for $329.

QWqoyEM.jpg

🐯
According to the FAQ section there wont be any imported this year. Bummer
Question:Will you be restocking MEN 5.56 for 2020 and if so when? - Todd (02/08/2020)
Response:Hi Todd, we will reach out to Megtech tomorrow morning and try to get an update on this MEN 5.56mm ammunition. Thank you for your patience.

Question:Hi - it's been just under a month since I asked this question, have you received word back from Megtech if you will be receiving the MEN 5.56 soon? - Todd (03/03/2020)
Response:Hi Todd, According to Magtech there will be no MEN ammo coming in from Germany this year including this 5.56mm ammo. Thank you for your patience.

Back
Top Bottom