• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Im pretty impressed with their 22lr availability. It seems to go oos but a day or two later they have it in again. Been having trouble with my favorite brand (CCI sv) but there is stuff in stock on a regular basis, unlike during past panics.
I’ve got tons of CCI SV - more than I probably need lol. Which isnt the cleanest in my DW revolver. Don’t have too much plated ammo on hand. Tempted to grab more Aguila...

I’ve got tons of CCI SV - more than I probably need lol. Which isnt the cleanest in my DW revolver. Don’t have too much plated ammo on hand. Tempted to grab more Aguila...
I was shooting Aguila maybe a month ago in my Ruger MKII. Quite a lot of jams. I have a good amount of it at the house so even at $0.04 Im gonna pass.

CCI sv Ive been buying a brick every now and then for quite a while. If I order something else, I toss in a brick of the CCI as well. Not shorthanded but when it comes back Ill be buying under $0.07. If its higher Ill just wait it out.

I was at the range this past Sunday and was telling a buddy who is an avid shooter about my having a prime membership at TS. On Tuesday he sends me a link from TS for Federal 223 FMJ 55gr 1000 round bulk case. I texted him that sure I'll order you a case if it's not gone yet but tell him it might be one or two weeks before it comes. Well, I order it Tuesday morning and it just got delivered to me about 30 minutes ago. i must be a good customer ;-)

I was at the range this past Sunday and was telling a buddy who is an avid shooter about my having a prime membership at TS. On Tuesday he sends me a link from TS for Federal 223 FMJ 55gr 1000 round bulk case. I texted him that sure I'll order you a case if it's not gone yet but tell him it might be one or two weeks before it comes. Well, I order it Tuesday morning and it just got delivered to me about 30 minutes ago. i must be a good customer ;-)
Mostly has to do with what they have on hand i think. Your buddies case was sitting on a shelf in their warehouse so it got picked and shipped.

I placed 2 orders on the 30th. One arrived today, the other has a tracking number but hasnt shipped. Another order from the 22nd still hasnt even had a tracking number assigned yet. Its likely the stuff from the 30th was on a shelf and the stuff from the 22nd is still on a truck somewhere headed for TS. Its all stuff that I dont really need so its not killing me to wait, just did a little last minute shopping for things that still had non-retard prices.

STOP, GUYS JUST STOP ! You’re out of control, feeding off yourselves. Feeling great you got wolf steel 762x39 for .28/round with prime? Take a cold shower fcs.
I know where youre coming from, but it can be helpful for people to gauge whether their order is reasonably delayed or delayed delayed. Also can give people a heads up regarding whats in stock and what prices are doing.

STOP, GUYS JUST STOP ! You’re out of control, feeding off yourselves. Feeling great you got wolf steel 762x39 for .28/round with prime? Take a cold shower fcs.
I saw it for 22-23 cents a week ago and it was hanging there for a while, like they had plenty in stock. $0.22/rnd ain't bad considering the shortage era. Again, 762x39 is a great deal, assuming you have a decent rifle to shoot with.

If you're a non prime member, add the membership to cart and then start browsing and you'll see if the savings are worth it for you. I went to go do it so I can order some of the M22 they have in stock but not sure if I want to jump in it with how much or little I'll be able to order.

Where the prime membership really adds up is when your not buying full cases of everything. If your buying cpl boxes of ammo shipping adds up significantly. I paid for prime membership in 3-4 orders of free shipping alone not even counting the discounted prices.

How are these for defensive rounds?
Traditionally, green tip ammo is supposed to have armor piercing characteristics. ATF tries to regulate it saying they're a "threat to police officers and military that wear body armor" and garbage like that. It's good to have some on hand to pierce through car doors or other solid objects.

I suppose the 556 green tips still have the tumbling wound ballistics. I still think hollow points are better (and cheaper) for flesh.

Got notified Lawman 124gr was in (99+cases), in 2 weeks price jumped $3.66 box or 50.
Nope, I will wait till the madness is over. Have enough on hand to get me into Summer, if I run out so be it.

I am all set with this craziness. Ordered three boxes of 30-06 (Hornady Garand Match and 30-30 Leverevlotion) from Wholesale Hunter last month. The 30-06 showed up in three days. I called CS and asked where's the 30-30, I got charged for? Fella says "We're backordering, folks all over the country have bought us out!..........Would you like some 5.56 or 9mm sir? we have plenty in stock." Irony is I'll probably never see the 30-30 for my Savage 340C BOLT gun LOL!!!!
🤡

Traditionally, green tip ammo is supposed to have armor piercing characteristics. ATF tries to regulate it saying they're a "threat to police officers and military that wear body armor" and garbage like that. It's good to have some on hand to pierce through car doors or other solid objects.

I suppose the 556 green tips still have the tumbling wound ballistics. I still think hollow points are better (and cheaper) for flesh.

M855 isn’t really armor piercing. It was supposed to penetrate steel soviet helmets, but that’s it. The steel core does help slightly with barrier penetration, but in close quarters, M193 with high velocity actually penetrates armor better than M855. M855 is also heavily dependent on fleet yaw of the projectile to initiate tumbling in soft tissue. Unfortunately, many times there is no fleet yaw and the projectile just ice picks. M855 isn’t as bad as many people say, but it’s not very good either. Many better bonded, BTHP and tipped options for civilians, as well as M193. However, M193 does suffer from a very low ballistic coefficient and it loses its high velocity benefits quickly.

Y'all are funny. Eagerly spending $95 dollars in order to panic buy ammo at a lower than current but still higher than normal price! Ammo that you probably aren't shooting currently and could just wait a few months and save yourself literally hundreds of dollars. But no, best spend way too much now ensuring the panic buying and increased prices remain increasing for as long as possible. JFC.

"9mm target ammo is in stock now, and it's only $257.40 a case with prime!"

Back
Top Bottom