• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

... if they're f-ing with the Commerce Clause a Federal injunction can come down quick on a law that is in conflict. I'd like nothing more for Christmas :) ...

How did this work out for the online wine ordering companies?

... The AG is the one not following the law.

So, if a law is being broken, who prosecutes the law-breaker, and how? Does this come from a federal officer?

I really hope this all works out for the good guys...I'm a customer...*but* if I was a betting man I'm afraid my money would be on this not ending well.

MA gonna be MA.

What are they going to get a convoy of Statie cruisers to drive down to Connecticut and round up everyone at Target Sports?

#1 there is no law on the books prohibiting it
#2 its out of their jurisdiction they can't do shit... just like they have tried to go after NH business to force them to charge taxes to MA residents. They cant do shit out of the state.

What are they going to get a convoy of Statie cruisers to drive down to Connecticut and round up everyone at Target Sports?

#1 there is no law on the books prohibiting it
#2 its out of their jurisdiction they can't do shit... just like they have tried to go after NH business to force them to charge taxes to MA residents. They cant do shit out of the state.

Lawsuits can take place across state lines.

Mike

#RESISTMAURA:emoji_flag_us::emoji_gun::emoji_metal:

Lawsuits may be able to take across state lines, but aside from the Constitution stating the 2A it is also quite clear about regulation of interstate commerce being solely under the jurisdiction of the Federal Government.

Lawsuits can take place across state lines.

Mike

I understand that, but theres no law backing her up. People in the state are so scared shitless that they want to follow "demands" that aren't even laws. They act like the AG is going to go after anyone who bought some ammo... its just comical.

I understand that, but theres no law backing her up. People in the state are so scared shitless that they want to follow "demands" that aren't even laws. They act like the AG is going to go after anyone who bought some ammo... its just comical.

I don't think she has a legal claim at all -- but litigation costs money. You get sued by the AG of a state, you need to PAY to fight that, or you risk things going completely sideways for you. It's essentially extortion. I don't agree with it, but it's reality.

Mike

I can speak for Comm2A. Go ahead and place your orders. This is legal. The AG is the one not following the law.
I'm sending Comm2A a little help right now, I've got my friends back, donation incoming.
There should be a direct linc on the header of this site that goes to a donation at Comm2A..

Last edited:
I don't think she has a legal claim at all -- but litigation costs money. You get sued by the AG of a state, you need to PAY to fight that, or you risk things going completely sideways for you. It's essentially extortion. I don't agree with it, but it's reality.

Mike

Thats why we have to support them and be open about it rather than hide it and cower like a lot of fearful people in this thread. Get ammo to shoot up and fund a legal battle.

Hey Maura :emoji_middle_finger:

Mike

I think part of the problem is most of these companies start at the "lets get off on the cheap without going over the retainer we already had to pay for this" level. So they cut MA sales off as a small loss and just write off the state as a matter of course.

It would appear in this case Target Sports is pretty serious about giving her a upper decker.... with the given audacity, they must have a
plan. Most are too horrified at the prospect of spending more money. Although, because most of the other vendors ran away many years ago, unlike the usual deal where "MA is an inconsequential customer", Target Sports must have a substantial chunk of change coming in from MA every month before Maura shitbird came along and messed with that. Particularly after all the sandy hook BS etc. Most remotes don't even bother to go one round with the AG, they bend over, apply the vaseline and sign up for the consent decree enema. Target Sports is instead, doubling down on the fact that they are right- because maybe, for a change, MA as a customer base is worth something to
them. It would make sense, given that at this point, there are really only a small number of players that even ship ammo here, and 50% of those only deal to 01 or 07 FFL holders...

-Mike

I think drgrant is spot on, we (MA) are a real source of business for Target Sports,

The best thing we can all do is show our support by ordering lots of ammo from them.
Over the last 2 years I had the choice between kid's college fund, or Ammo from TS... Hope the kids learn a trade in a hurry!!

How did this work out for the online wine ordering companies?
The wine restriction has been resolved, I ordered some wine from Hawaii a couple of months ago.
Thats why we have to support them and be open about it rather than hide it and cower like a lot of fearful people in this thread. Get ammo to shoot up and fund a legal battle.

Hey Maura :emoji_middle_finger:

I may have to change my sig line, but for sure I am now ending my posts that way.

F-U Maura!

Is the prime pricing really worth spending the 95 bux?

As others have said it's probably more beneficial if you don't always buy cases. It does appear to offer 8% off their regular pricing. I signed up for it today and put "Thanks for standing up to the MA AG and shipping to MA" in the "special instructions" section.

If only buy cases then not really. If buying variety of ammo in smaller quantities then yes probably worth it.

I like buying both. Cases are always decently priced. But I like being able to test out different types of ammo at the range without going to Saskatchewan to find it or buying a single box where the shipping is 1/2 the cost of a box.

Thanks guys, yeah I don't really buy cases, prefer doing 4-5 boxes of this and that for my different firearms.
Actually, I wasnt even aware of the prime membership until reading about it in this thread. Took a look at my order history and I buy mostly cases from them, so its free shipping anyway. When I did buy less than a case the shipping averaged around $12 per order, so I'd have to buy less than a case 9x a year to make back my money on the membership. Also says they will sell to you at cost, but why would they do that? Im sure they made more than $95 on me last year. Id be curious to see what theyre prime prices were.

eta- searching around and it seems their prime price is 8% off the list price, plus free ship. So a $100 order which would be roughly $112 shipped without the membership would be $92 shipped with prime, or a savings of $20. Do that 5x a year and youre ahead of the game. Or split the cost of the prime with a buddy and your cost is down to ~$48/yr, which would take just a few orders to make back.

Guess it depends on what youre ordering, how often, in what quantity and if you have someone to split the costs with. Maybe not a bad deal.

eta2- If theyre selling at an 8% discount and youre paying $95 a year, you'd have to order ~$1190 worth of stuff at case quantities to make your money back. You'd make it back quicker by ordering non-case quantities because you'd be saving the shipping charges by being a prime member.

So if someone orders a good amount of ammo per year and typically has to pay to have it shipped, then prime might work. You'd have to take a good guess at what you expect to order over the course of the year.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom