• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

I remember when it was $35 apiece... [rofl2]
. . . and I remember when I was paying $4.99/box for 9mm at WM and Dicks back in the early days of NES. That boat has sailed.

We might do better with Tractor Supply or Harbor Freight... [smile]
HF would be Chinese junk that probably would run like crap.

I unironically buy Wolf Military Classic because it malfs so often in my Glock 19. Its like a ball and dummy drill in a box.
I bought Wolf in 9mm and .45 and it Malf'd in all 5 9mm guns plus my 1911. After I got bored with the ball and dummy drills, I sold off that junk and never looked back. Meanwhile Wolf runs great in my ARs and AKs. Never again in pistols however!

Yep. You should be able to buy your ammo the same way you buy your nails...

DyYKAoaU8AArOJ2.jpg
That picture sent a shiver up my spine.
I don't think anyone sells nails like that anymore.
I remember when we did, what a pain in the ass.
I did keep the old bins but this is how nails are sold today.
1582431968487.png

Funny off topic story...

I took the Designated Patrol Marksman course that the state put on (It was actually really good), and guys were laughing at my steel cased wolf .223 that I was shooting. They weren't laughing when it was shooting 2moa out of an off the rack rifle at 200 yards and I was watching people struggle with their 'quality' ammo.
You can't buy accuracy.

View attachment 333654
Dresser - Hull in Lee still sells the nails and screws loose. They are cheaper than the boxed nails at other lumber yards.

View attachment 333654

Acton Ace Hardware still has the huge buckets of nail that you can scoop into a bag.

4 Seasons has S&B on sale for less than .17 cents per round:
Sellier & Bellot 9mm FMJ 115 grain or 124 grain ammunition

See the source image

This is excellent quality target ammunition.
$8.49 / box = 16.5 cents per round
$169.80/case of 1000 rds

40 box limit per customer. 3,000 boxes available at this price.​
Good deal there. Northeast Arms in Peabody has blazer brass 9mm for $8.99 per box. So the same as TSUSA.

I didn't take it that way. He doesn't have any other's he can split cases with, except me, and I'm full. [smile]

I'm about to order another 1K of Federal Black Pack 115gr FMJ (4x250 rd packs). $.19/rd. Tell your noob if he wants one of the 250 rd packs, let me know. Now he has someone to split a case with.

I'm about to order another 1K of Federal Black Pack 115gr FMJ (4x250 rd packs). $.19/rd. Tell your noob if he wants one of the 250 rd packs, let me know. Now he has someone to split a case with.

I'll let him know. Awfully nice of you to offer.
~Enbloc

Yep. Nails, screws, brads all come in those little boxes now.
I remember the little brown paper bags that got filled from the hopper and scale. Same bags penny candy was sold in...
images

1582508907270.jpeg 1582508956312.jpeg
tootsiemidgees1b.jpg
0cf458e3fe257865704fe93912c02c8e--chocolate-candies-vintage-candy.jpg

Last edited:
Wait, so back in the day, you could take a trough and scoop nails into a bag and weigh it by the pound?? f***in A! I would buy nails just so I could do that. "Ehh, I think this is a big job, might need another pound of nails just in case"

Wait, so back in the day, you could take a trough and scoop nails into a bag and weigh it by the pound?? f***in A! I would buy nails just so I could do that. "Ehh, I think this is a big job, might need another pound of nails just in case"
Most hardware stores did this, and Spag's. Some places still do. Same with bird seed. Same with peanuts. Same with other things. Ever see a pickle barrel? I don't think most ammo would work well like this, but I think bulk .22 would.

s-l400.jpg

HERE WE GO:
69558637_3023992660976084_6576573349495832576_o.jpg

images

. . . and I remember when I was paying $4.99/box for 9mm at WM and Dicks back in the early days of NES. That boat has sailed.

HF would be Chinese junk that probably would run like crap.

I bought Wolf in 9mm and .45 and it Malf'd in all 5 9mm guns plus my 1911. After I got bored with the ball and dummy drills, I sold off that junk and never looked back. Meanwhile Wolf runs great in my ARs and AKs. Never again in pistols however!

Funny, I’ve had the exact opposite experience. My AR’s prefer wold gold and up, sometimes failing to feed the steel case .223, undergassing I’d imagine? But my glock 43, and my MP9 both eat wolf steel case no issues so far, well over 1000 rounds of steel through each by now. Only pistol I stick to brass on is the HK45 out of respect to the guy who gifted it to me.

Yeah it sucks, I've gone shooting once in the past year and my stockpile still looks like crap to me. Lowest it's ever been. Luckily I was able to walk away with a ton of reloading gear, everything plentiful except projectiles, which get pricey at times. I could really use some cheap .45 factory seconds or pull downs but not really in the budget.
You can cast for less than $100 in startup costs
Hotplate:$12
Cast iron pot: $18
Ladle: $10
Mold: $20
Toaster oven: $20
Sizing kit: $20

Lead is about $1.30/lb ($0.03/ 230gn bullet)
Coating the bullets is easy and cheap whether you use powder coating or Hitec

I probably said this before but, I'm home for 10 weeks in the winter most years. I reload as something to do on the days it's cold or crappy out in the garage or yard. I got into it at the tail of the last ammo shortage as a way to have ammo on hand. I actually never looked at the costs of it as a factor. It provides me with something to keep my hands and mind occupied . I know I shoot way more often then when I actually had to go to my local shops and try to find any thing. Now the trip to any places is expanding some too since a couple of local places are now closed. As it sits today I doubt if I will ever have to buy brass or 12 guage hulls ever again. So that's a small savings right off the top. Takes a while but eventually all the equipment and some of your supplies get into a bracket that lowers the total output costs, Damn I can only hope I live that long!!!!

I'll let him know. Awfully nice of you to offer.
~Enbloc
I just heard back from him, he said to tell you "Thanks" but he bought 2 of the Blazer 250round buckets at Four Seasons. 500 rounds? Where is he gonna find storage space for all that...? [rofl2]

I’m going to get a case of 9mm soon for the range, any brand recommendations? Many have worked well with my M&P9, only one I didn’t like was Remington, very dirty.

I’m going to get a case of 9mm soon for the range, any brand recommendations? Many have worked well with my M&P9, only one I didn’t like was Remington, very dirty.

I know WWB gets a bad rap and isn’t the cleanest, but I’ve never had an issue through any Colt, Beretta, Glock, or other 9MM. Target has a box of 1,000 rounds that’s decently priced.

What does "soon" mean? Because inventory changes from day-to-day, but if "soon" means as soon as you read this righteous recommendation then, Speer Lawman 115gr TMJ.

🐯

Back
Top Bottom