• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Agreed, but that ship has sailed and I dont see it coming back. (We can probably thank Bloomberg/Soros.) Aside from the no tax requirement TSUSA with Prime fits the bill as far as the available options today if he plans on shooting enough to justify the membership.

WMT has been scratched off the list as an affordable place for ammo purchases. A couple got shot up and voila, no more ammo sales there. Im assuming when the next round of shootings get the green light from tptb, we'll see that the perps purchased their ammo online.

Sailed and sunk. I am just griping, because that would have been a good choice for him.
What is needed is a new National Retail chain to fill Walmart's shoes... 'Target' comes to mind. [rofl2]

Sailed and sunk. I am just griping, because that would have been a good choice for him.
What is needed is a new National Retail chain to fill Walmart's shoes... 'Target' comes to mind. [rofl2]
Home Depot. Or True Value. Are they still around? Selling ammo couldnt hurt their bottom line. Cant beat Targets logo though lol

That's a tough place to be. I know that feel... I've just decided to bite the bullet and stack while price is decent and availability is more than I've ever seen. It hurts the wallet lol.... but the plan is to at least buy a case a month leading up to elections. I just need space to put it. I really don't shoot a ton.... dryfire and dummy rounds keep my training costs low.

Yeah it sucks, I've gone shooting once in the past year and my stockpile still looks like crap to me. Lowest it's ever been. Luckily I was able to walk away with a ton of reloading gear, everything plentiful except projectiles, which get pricey at times. I could really use some cheap .45 factory seconds or pull downs but not really in the budget.

Ive heard the stories. For True Value at least, what do they have to lose? Im surprised theyre still in business tbh. They must be getting hammered by HD and Lowes
Maybe we can buy the rights to put ammo vending machines in all their stores...?!
s-l640.jpg

.22 rimfire would have to be on the bottom row though...

I remember seeing loose 12 gauge shells at the Sears in Porter Square in wire bins in the basement there when I was a kid (must have been around 1969 or so), because I asked my dad what they were and that's what he told me.

Nope, your not missing anything. He can find brass 9mm all day long in Tax-Free New Hampshire for less than $.19/rd (He lives a stones throw from the border)
Add to that, TSUSA now is tacking tax onto that $.19/rd so it is closer to $.20/rd (and he is not ready for a bulk purchase of 1000-rounds for the free shipping.)
All things said and done. TSUSA isn't the great 'deal' it once was.

Walmart would have been perfect for this newbie...

Sorry, I honestly forgot about the tax thing.

A thought: go together with some buds on a case--an age-old tradition on many things. 4 guys to together for a case, $250 each, spread the cost.

ETA: errant $. I meant 250 rounds each.

Last edited:

A thought: go together with some buds on a case--an age-old tradition on many things. 4 guys to together for a case, $250 each, spread the cost.
I have plenty of 9mm, but have a strict policy about supplying it to newbies. One of the important parts about being a gun owner is 'sourcing' consumables.
I instruct, I lead, I train, but I expect you to prove your ability to provide for yourself after advising.
As with any 'rule' there is some flexibility...

I have no problem with TSUSA charging sales tax - the Wayfair decision forced them to do so, but they’re still one of the good deals around for bulk ammo. Even if one doesn’t shoot often, they should be loading up on ammo, especially during this election year.
True. It is just part of our costs now... Unless you live next to New Hampshire. [smile]

This. $45 a piece with 3 buddies and you have your 'couple boxes' that you were looking for.

35$ a piece if you buy cheapest stuff on site

I wonder what the "Ammo Complaint Department" is going to be like around here in 5, 10, 15 years...?

I like Wolf ammo, I like it a lot. For what it is/what you get it is a great value... as long as your platform can eat it and you don't mind cleaning...

Funny off topic story...

I took the Designated Patrol Marksman course that the state put on (It was actually really good), and guys were laughing at my steel cased wolf .223 that I was shooting. They weren't laughing when it was shooting 2moa out of an off the rack rifle at 200 yards and I was watching people struggle with their 'quality' ammo.

I unironically buy Wolf Military Classic because it malfs so often in my Glock 19. Its like a ball and dummy drill in a box.
Lol. I don't think I've ever shot Wolf (or tula) in a pistol. Long guns only to date. (wolf 00buck and slugs are very good performers in my pumps...)

I have plenty of 9mm, but have a strict policy about supplying it to newbies. One of the important parts about being a gun owner is 'sourcing' consumables.
I instruct, I lead, I train, but I expect you to prove your ability to provide for yourself after advising.
As with any 'rule' there is some flexibility...

I definitely meant he goes in with some buds of his. I didn't mean to suggest you supply him.

I definitely meant he goes in with some buds of his. I didn't mean to suggest you supply him.
I didn't take it that way. He doesn't have any other's he can split cases with, except me, and I'm full. [smile]

Back
Top Bottom