• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Fed Ex packages from TSUSA routinely are left across the street at my neighbors driveway. They’re summer people so the place is unoccupied 10 months a year.

Trying to rectify this is useless as all those people at Fed Ex seem to have the brains of an amoeba,
You are giving too much credit! Based on my several personal experiences.

I'm home waiting for the truck parts I need to put the truck back together and get an inspection sticker. Hear the Fed -Ex truck roar thru the neighborhood and open the garage door, SOB drives by like it's the Indy 500 and roars around the corner and out of site. Figure he had to take a dump or something and go back to work hour or 2 later still no package, I go on the website and it says No one home delivery rescheduled for TUESDAY!
I got a solution for you -
add handling instructions:

Driver:

Want to be the next viral video star?

If you falsely claim "no one home",
your district manager (and YoutUbe) will receive
the video of you driving past without stopping.​

It's not like you actually need a security camera to obtain compliance.

Day one is an automatic code for a Serpa CQC holster. No actual code today.
EFC5BC02-14D8-45F0-86CC-69B0B7E620AA.png

They also didn’t post until just about an hour ago. I’m not late!

Last edited:
Has anyone used the Fedex (hold at location option ) where You pick up the package at a Fedex location. I live in Boston , am not comfortable having a package sitting on my porch all day.

Has anyone used the Fedex (hold at location option ) where You pick up the package at a Fedex location. I live in Boston , am not comfortable having a package sitting on my porch all day.
I have. This last time I called Fedex and was told the shipper had placed the restrictions on the package (signature requirement, hazmat) and they would have to take it off. Called Brownells and was told they would contact Fedex. Will be picking up at their distribution center this week. Have also had stuff held (or shipped to , I dont recall) one of their Fedex Office stores and picked up there.

Call Fedex and let them know how you want it handled. Theyve been pretty good in my experience. Drivers...not so much but dealing with them over the phone has been hassle free.

I've had UPS hold packages at the depot in Watertown. FedEx will hold at their South Boston depot. This is the safest option to avoid drama if you live in a multi-family building or urban area. You can set it up with UPS/FedEX to hold packages from specific retailers at the depot as a default option.

I have. This last time I called Fedex and was told the shipper had placed the restrictions on the package (signature requirement, hazmat) and they would have to take it off. Called Brownells and was told they would contact Fedex. Will be picking up at their distribution center this week. Have also had stuff held (or shipped to , I dont recall) one of their Fedex Office stores and picked up there.

Call Fedex and let them know how you want it handled. Theyve been pretty good in my experience. Drivers...not so much but dealing with them over the phone has been hassle free.
Interesting. I just had to call FedEx and request to hold it at the FedEx facility in Wilmington.

For future orders:
Before placing the order you might be able to put in the “shipping notes” to please ship to XYZ FedEx address.....I do that with another online ammo/reloading vendor.

But if it already shipped just call FedEx and request to hold the package and they’ll give you the closest facilities that are able to hold it.

Interesting. I just had to call FedEx and request to hold it at the FedEx facility in Wilmington.
Weird. Im pretty sure we ordered the same product, must just be the luck of the draw as to who answers the phone at Fedex, or maybe I wasnt clear or worded it funny or whatever. Brownells was easy to deal with, just a minute on the phone and it was diverted to Wilmington so no big deal.

528AFB78-4824-4E75-9E56-F61E7C49B802.jpeg Okay
I pewed 50 rounds of the Independence .45 acp aluminum through my p250c and man that stuff is hot. Apparently it’s military training ammo. Enjoy it if you get it enbloc......

I've had mixed luck.
I've successfully had them hold:
- Two M1 Garands
- An M57 Tokarev pistol

My recent Brownell's order they wouldn't let me hold due to shipper restriction, but I didn't bother calling since I coincidentally was home that day.

BUT:

I had three different cans of surplus HXP 30-06 from the CMP held at a facility in Woburn. The first time, no one said anything or cared. The second time, the worker said "since this is ORM-D, we're not supposed to hold this, even if the website lets you do the hold." Figuring this was not correct, I had another one held a few months later. They made a huge stink about it, told me that ORM-D was forbidden to be held at a facility and if I ever did it again, they would immediately return the package to sender. Not sure if it's an insurance thing, or they were grumpy about the weight, or whatever.

To boot, prior to the Brownell's order, my last two packages from Fedex were ripped open quite badly, on the TSUSA order you could clearly see there was ammo inside. Not sure if someone got "curious" about the volume of ORM-D packages to my house or if it was honest, but I was annoyed. The second package like that the driver offered to initiate a damage return, but my wife accepted it anyway since it was boxed ammo.

My recent Brownell's order they wouldn't let me hold due to shipper restriction, but I didn't bother calling since I coincidentally was home that day.

BUT:

I had three different cans of surplus HXP 30-06 from the CMP held at a facility in Woburn. The first time, no one said anything or cared. The second time, the worker said "since this is ORM-D, we're not supposed to hold this, even if the website lets you do the hold." Figuring this was not correct, I had another one held a few months later. They made a huge stink about it, told me that ORM-D was forbidden to be held at a facility and if I ever did it again, they would immediately return the package to sender. Not sure if it's an insurance thing, or they were grumpy about the weight, or whatever.

To boot, prior to the Brownell's order, my last two packages from Fedex were ripped open quite badly, on the TSUSA order you could clearly see there was ammo inside. Not sure if someone got "curious" about the volume of ORM-D packages to my house or if it was honest, but I was annoyed. The second package like that the driver offered to initiate a damage return, but my wife accepted it anyway since it was boxed ammo.
Damn that stinks.

I've had ammo and guns held at my local FedEx office print shop which always amazed me. I was never questioned or given a hard time.

Hell one time I was given the option to hold ammo at my local Walgreens (has a small FedEx ship/pickup shop inside) and I was like noooo F'n way [laugh]

Hell one time I was given the option to hold ammo at my local Walgreens (has a small FedEx ship/pickup shop inside) and I was like noooo F'n way [laugh]
I had my Tokarev held at a Walgreens, actually, the girl that fetched it out back was probably about 16. I'm guessing she had no idea what she was handling :D

It's good stuff. If I didn't already have lots of 30-06 reloading supplies I'd be in. If you don't reload, it's probably the best thing going for factory M1 ammo. I have a couple random boxes of it that I bought before some kind soul started leaving piles of 30-06 brass in the recycle buckets.

I still have 1.5 cans of HXP left, too.

Now that's a good deal. 60 cents per round and get a new 50 cal ammo can?! I've got a couple cans of this ammo and it's great ammo and great brass for reloading.
@mac1911 doesn't get much cheaper than that for 30-06.

It's even better if you have a membership. I got it for $275.95 plus free shipping.

Back
Top Bottom