• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

With all due respect, you’re preaching to the choir. I agree with you in concept and nothing you said is false. Mr. Enbloc, you and I have somewhat of a rapport, however, to deny the situation we currently reside in, is to deny reality. While we can both agree that ammunition should be sold in the corner store, that is nowhere near the case in the current DPRM. So I ask you, what do you suggest? Protest?

Companies that alienate us have every right and reason to; what’s there to gain? We’re a lost cause. Perhaps in supporting those that bend to the will of the AG and her BS, we’re bending to the will of our masters. In my humble opinion, any chink in the armor they’ve dawned to deny us our rights, is a step in the right direction.

This state has already shown itself to be biased towards the AG. Would you prefer no retailers sell ammo via the internet and mail to the state of Massachusetts? Or would you prefer a retailer that does, have the ‘ammunition’ to back themselves up when our delinquent AG asks them what they’re doing selling half their shipments of ammo to our lowly state?

You’re absolutely right, the government is the dangerous party here. I can’t provide you covering fire though, if I don’t have any ammo.

TL/DR:
View attachment 379212
Not preaching... ranting.
I do not deny the situation We are in... nor do I accept it.
I do everything I can to fight it. Everyday.
My money is not just spent on ammo and firearms, it is spent supporting organizations and politicians and new shooters.
My time is not just spent on the range, it is also spent taking time off from work to attend hearings and rallies on Beacon Hill and writing letters and going to GOAL meetings.

All I'm saying is We all have the same goals, but we have different ways of accomplishing them...
~Enbloc

P.S. When the time comes that you need ammunition for the fight... I'll see that you have it.
8/8/2020 ~Enbloc

I feel differently.

Firearms and ammunition should be sold at grocery stores and gas stations (wasn't too long ago they were.)
When did they become 'so dangerous' that anyone old enough to lift it/load it/fire it had to be licensed to buy or possess it?
Clearly the men and women AND children who built this country were capable of owning and using gun & powder without licensure... Why can't we???

If children can be taught not to touch a hot stove, or stick a wet tongue on a Winter pole, they can be taught how to respect and handle a gun.
What's really 'so dangerous' is Our Government.

Any restrictions on firearms and ammunition is YOUR GOVERNMENT TELLING YOU THAT YOU ARE NOT SMART ENOUGH, OR NOT TRUSTED ENOUGH TO OWN THEM...

~Enbloc

I agree with you in principal but unfortunately, times have changed. The collective "we" roaming the streets these days are not the "we" who built and want to improve this country. There are too many recent imported and homegrown scumbags who do not share the same values of human decency that "we" as a society once had. There are too many people in the country who don't deserve to be here. They don't deserve the rights of a free society including the right to be armed. They do not practice "do unto others...", do not teach their kids right from wrong and have absolutely no morals. They don't value human life. They don't look out for their neighbor. They don't give a rat's ass about anyone but themselves. They take no responsibility but take whatever they can steal. They have no issue committing crimes and acts of violence any time they think they can get away with it. They care nothing for contributing to the betterment of society. I would much rather see every law abiding citizen still have those rights and freedoms then not. The problem is that there are too deranged and dangerous people in this country now to make things completely available to everyone everywhere.

It will never be that anytime soon. (And possibly, ever again) I doubt it goes below $10-13 a box in the next 3 years, and that's being stupid optimistic, even then I do not think we will see those numbers this year....

Unfortunately, I think you’re probably right. I’m seeing more and more attention to the ammo shortage and run on guns on youtube and in the media.
Do you think November effects the timeline positively in any way?
Trump wins, chaos continues, more protests and marches. Panic buying continues.
Biden wins, panic buying ramps up even more, if that’s possible.

3-4 years for equilibrium to take place sounds right.

It will never be that anytime soon. (And possibly, ever again) I doubt it goes below $10-13 a box in the next 3 years, and that's being stupid optimistic, even then I do not think we will see those numbers this year....

Absolutely. The $8-$10/box price that we all got fat on was a decade low price with a "surprise" Republican President. Manufacturers had scaled up production expecting a Hillary win, so a lot of excess inventory was being slloooooowly worked through the supply chain. $25 Federal ammo mail in rebates, $400 ARs (free states), Colt abandoning the retail AR market due to oversaturation, 2019 Walmart getting out of the killy ammo game (exacerbating the ammo oversupply) etc are symptoms of that. We will NOT be seeing $10/box 9mm anytime soon. The ammo drought has barely started.
At this point, the manufacturers are pushing up prices just because... Wouldnt you? Muricuh!

Last edited:
That's why you buy what you can afford today whatever the price because prices aren't coming down anytime soon. Everything is more expensive now. Have you seen the price of a Big Mac lately? Enough with the teary eye reminiscing about when the fortay was 2 cents/round. :)

I cleared out Worcester.
But they will continue to stock it so don’t worry guys 😄

I asked the lackey at the ammo counter if they will get anymore 223/5.56 or 9mm. He said, “We don’t carry battle rifle ammo anymore.”
I said, “You mean sporting rifle.”
He said, “Battle rifle.” Lol

I asked the lackey at the ammo counter if they will get anymore 223/5.56 or 9mm. He said, “We don’t carry battle rifle ammo anymore.”

Was the shelf still full of .40?

I had a sort of similar thing happen today. I went to Dick’s in Plymouth (I know, boycott, but I really needed a pack of socks and they sent me a $10 off coupon) Anyways naturally I checked out the gun section. They had some Federal trap loads so I grabbed two boxes. When I got to the counter the manager yelled over to my cashier he can’t sell ammunition. This was AFTER he rang everything up and now everyone in line waiting was staring at me. I then move over to the managers counter, hand him my LTC, and he says “you look way too young to be buying this” my response, “well, I’m not...” Then he replied with “why are you even buying this sh*t man? I mean come on” I walked out. I learned my lesson. I’m not going back.

Last edited:
I had a sort of similar thing happen today. I went to Dick’s in Plymouth (I know, boycott, but I really needed a pack of socks and they sent me a $10 off coupon) Anyways naturally I checked out the gun section. They had some Federal trap loads so I grabbed two boxes. When I got to the counter the manager yelled over to my cashier he can’t sell ammunition. This was AFTER he rang everything up and now everyone in line waiting was staring at me. I then move over to the managers counter and, hand him my LTC, and he says “you look way too young to be buying this” my response, “well, I’m not...” Then he replied with “why are you even buying this sh*t man? I mean come on” I walked out. I learned my lesson. I’m not going back.

Tell him if they're not interested in selling ammo you'd gladly take the rest of their stock off their hands without payment

I had a sort of similar thing happen today. I went to Dick’s in Plymouth (I know, boycott, but I really needed a pack of socks and they sent me a $10 off coupon) Anyways naturally I checked out the gun section. They had some Federal trap loads so I grabbed two boxes. When I got to the counter the manager yelled over to my cashier he can’t sell ammunition. This was AFTER he rang everything up and now everyone in line waiting was staring at me. I then move over to the managers counter and, hand him my LTC, and he says “you look way too young to be buying this” my response, “well, I’m not...” Then he replied with “why are you even buying this sh*t man? I mean come on” I walked out. I learned my lesson. I’m not going back.

The day Dick's goes out of business I'm going to have a f***ing cigar party and anybody who attends will be given a free beverage and a cigar..... f*** them....

Tell him if they're not interested in selling ammo you'd gladly take the rest of their stock off their hands without payment
They don't even deserve that honestly I want to see Dick's have to sell their ammo off to somebody else at a loss.... America needs to make them eat shit....

The day Dick's goes out of business I'm going to have a f***ing cigar party and anybody who attends will be given a free beverage and a cigar..... f*** them....

Seriously... they’re awful. You’ll be glad to know they were VERY under staffed with only 3/6 registers going. The woman behind me was complaining about how no one was in there to help. Her husband told her to quiet down and she said “I hope they hear me. They should feel bad about this.” The store was a mess, bad service, they’ll go under. Just wait.

I agree with you in principal but unfortunately, times have changed. The collective "we" roaming the streets these days are not the "we" who built and want to improve this country. There are too many recent imported and homegrown scumbags who do not share the same values of human decency that "we" as a society once had. There are too many people in the country who don't deserve to be here. They don't deserve the rights of a free society including the right to be armed. They do not practice "do unto others...", do not teach their kids right from wrong and have absolutely no morals. They don't value human life. They don't look out for their neighbor. They don't give a rat's ass about anyone but themselves. They take no responsibility but take whatever they can steal. They have no issue committing crimes and acts of violence any time they think they can get away with it. They care nothing for contributing to the betterment of society. I would much rather see every law abiding citizen still have those rights and freedoms then not. The problem is that there are too deranged and dangerous people in this country now to make things completely available to everyone everywhere.
All true. I am not discouraged...

Back
Top Bottom