• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

let's see. 1000rds 9mm, 1000 rds 45, two green tips 420cans , 10,000 rds of 22lr, and two boxes of speer defense ammo, all arrived yesterday. Not going to need ammo for a while.

Beginning January, their turnaround time should back to normal or even quicker. Looking forward to supporting TS even more in 2018.

Home_Alone_Woof_MH_v2.gif
Last time I saw a mouth like that, it had a hook in it!!!

It's shitty ammo but most people can't really tell the difference anyway.

Haha that’s what I figured. I don’t shoot my AR (1:8 twist Wylde 16”) often but when I tried the green tip ammo I struggled to consistently hit my 8” steel plate at 120 yards from a rest. Switch to wolf gold and get much better accuracy.

Sorry for the thread drift lol.

Haha that’s what I figured. I don’t shoot my AR (1:8 twist Wylde 16”) often but when I tried the green tip ammo I struggled to consistently hit my 8” steel plate at 120 yards from a rest. Switch to wolf gold and get much better accuracy.

Sorry for the thread drift lol.

The stuff that passes and makes it to .mil stockpiles is 4 minute ammo. The stuff that doesn't pass for whatever reason and gets dumped on the civilian market could be even worse.

The stuff that passes and makes it to .mil stockpiles is 4 minute ammo. The stuff that doesn't pass for whatever reason and gets dumped on the civilian market could be even worse.

Good to know. Makes sense after experiencing the crappy accuracy.

Signed up for their Prime service and ordered a couple boxes of ammo just to try out the free shipping on everything. I'll probably order some larger quantities of stuff in the new year, I want to support TSUSA since they're the first vendor to openly declare that shipping into MA is legal and that they will continue to do it.

What’s the attraction to the 62 grain green tip ammo? I got crappy accuracy with that compared to Wolf gold 223. Just curious.

It's LAP ammo. Plenty combat accurate and goes through stuff better than lead core. Good general purpose SHTF ammo to stockpile. Doesn't need to be sub MOA. Just needs to hit what your shooting at and to go through it better than regular stuff.

It's LAP ammo. Plenty combat accurate and goes through stuff better than lead core. Good general purpose SHTF ammo to stockpile. Doesn't need to be sub MOA. Just needs to hit what your shooting at and to go through it better than regular stuff.

It's pretty unremarkable is a lot of ways actually. It's not accurate, it really doesn't penetrate much, it doesn't expand well in soft targets, and it's usually more expensive than other options. If the only two options were M855 or M193, I'd take the M193. (Luckily those aren't the only two options.)

If everyone did, we wouldn't be dealing with this. Probably mentioned 100 times earlier in this thread but, ya, I didn't read it.

In any case, you're welcome.

I *think* he was being sarcastic.

TS "came out" on their own and actively encouraged people to spread the news. "Covering" for them is simply silly.

If other ammo suppliers are shipping to Mass and NOT being public about it then of COURSE keep your lips zipped.

If more ammo suppliers would publicly stand up to the petty tyrant, THEN we wouldn't be dealing with this.

Signed up for their Prime service and ordered a couple boxes of ammo just to try out the free shipping on everything. I'll probably order some larger quantities of stuff in the new year, I want to support TSUSA since they're the first vendor to openly declare that shipping into MA is legal and that they will continue to do it.

Is the prime membership a good deal ? Is the discount enough to make back the cost?

Is the prime membership a good deal ? Is the discount enough to make back the cost?
@ 8%, you need to order ~$1100/yr to make your money back. Thats for stuff you would normally have to pay to ship. Case amounts ship free anyway. They say if you dont save at least the $95 dollars over the course of the year they refund you whatever the shortfall is, iow if you saved $85, they send you a check (or credit your account, Im not sure which) for $10.

If you order a good amount of ammo over the course of the year, or if you typically order in amounts that require you to pay for shipping it can be a good deal. Depends on how much youre ordering and how often.

Sounds like it's easier to buy an occasional case. The prime membership would pay for itself if you buy a box or two, often, but if you're buying a box or two, often, then you can probably justify a case, once in a while...
I think so. If youre buying enough random boxes here and there to make the prime membership worthwhile, you should probably be thinking about buying in case amounts anyway. Its the 8% discount combined with the free ship and then people just have to take a good guess as to how much they plan on buying over the course of the year. For me, I feel that prices are low and supply is there for now. Mid term elections are coming up in a couple of years and presidential election is~3 years away. I'd rather stock up now with any extra cash set aside and not have to run out last minute because of some political or news driven event. Better to buy and put away when its quiet and the average person doesnt really feel the need to buy. The prime membership helps to shave a few bucks off of those costs. Also dont forget they say they will refund the difference between your yearly savings and the cost of the membership.

I usually keep my mouth shut, but how is post #409 helpful to this cause? (not going to quote it)
@doobam maybe think about self editing.

I'm not sure exactly what the problem is. TS sells ammo and wants to sell ammo in as many states as possible. People talking about them selling ammo is free advertising and they don't seem to mind. There are all kinds of regs concerning moving arms and ammo across state lines so the AG has to know that TS is doing so. Don't know. Maybe I'm missing something here.

Last edited:
I'm not sure exactly what the problem is. TS sells ammo and wants to sell ammo in as many states as possible. People talking about them selling ammo is free advertising and they don't seem to mind. There are all kinds of regs concerning moving arms and ammo across state lines so the AG has to know that TS is doing so. Don't know. Maybe I'm missing something here.
Iirc, your post referenced the method of delivery that would give the AG an opportunity to employ scare tactics with the soccer mom/Facebook crowd. A good chunk of the people in this state look at guns and ammo like theyre grenades with the pins missing. The shipping method you mentioned could easily turn into a "loophole" that needs emergency legislation or "re-interpretation" to solve. TS shipping here isnt the issue with your post, the other part could potentially be.

Iirc, your post referenced the method of delivery that would give the AG an opportunity to employ scare tactics with the soccer mom/Facebook crowd. A good chunk of the people in this state look at guns and ammo like theyre grenades with the pins missing. The shipping method you mentioned could easily turn into a "loophole" that needs emergency legislation or "re-interpretation" to solve. TS shipping here isnt the issue with your post, the other part could potentially be.

Fair enough, but I have to believe that as soon as the AG knew they were shipping ammo to the state, they crawled up their ass with a microscope looking for said loophole.

The funny thing about this entire situation is that when they first stopped shipping to MA they cancelled my order but somehow shipped someone else's order to my house. My address was on the box but the order inside belonged to some guy in another state.

The funny thing about this entire situation is that when they first stopped shipping to MA they cancelled my order but somehow shipped someone else's order to my house. My address was on the box but the order inside belonged to some guy in another state.
So did you get more or less ammo than you paid for?

I have no problem with this thread advertising TS sales and in fact welcome this challenge to the AG because there is no law governing these sales or shipments. There are other regulations to be considered — read the post I referenced again.

The correct level of ‘spreading the word’ lies somewhere between a billboard on I93 and the double secret handshake.

TS clearly has enough MA customers to resume sales here or they would’ve just forgotten MA like so many others. They are in the ammo sales biz, let’s buy some ammo to thank them for fighting for us.

Nothing said in this thread couldn’t be figured out by the AG with a simple order or review of TS website anyhow. We should be educating people how to sidestep all the BS in this state, not keeping it to ourselves- especially when it’s completely legal.

I *think* he was being sarcastic.

TS "came out" on their own and actively encouraged people to spread the news. "Covering" for them is simply silly.

If other ammo suppliers are shipping to Mass and NOT being public about it then of COURSE keep your lips zipped.

If more ammo suppliers would publicly stand up to the petty tyrant, THEN we wouldn't be dealing with this.

I'm sure they are watching the situation carefully to see how it goes before getting too brazen.
After all...

Back
Top Bottom