1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Target Sports Delivering Again

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Out of Battery Firearms, Dec 14, 2017.

1. roccoracer

roccoracer NES Member

I ordered the same. Recieved today, left on my porch wirh discrete packaging.

2. gunofthrones

gunofthrones

let's see. 1000rds 9mm, 1000 rds 45, two green tips 420cans , 10,000 rds of 22lr, and two boxes of speer defense ammo, all arrived yesterday. Not going to need ammo for a while.

andrew1220 likes this.
  3. andrew1220

andrew1220 NES Member

What’s the attraction to the 62 grain green tip ammo? I got crappy accuracy with that compared to Wolf gold 223. Just curious.

mikelawtown and Squib308 like this.
  4. rlee

rlee NES Member

I want to compare it with 55 gr in my 18" 1:8 barrel

5. Bmcl322

Bmcl322 NES Member

Last time I saw a mouth like that, it had a hook in it!!!

Knuckle Dragger likes this.
  6. jasons

jasons Moderator Moderator NES Life Member NES Member

It's shitty ammo but most people can't really tell the difference anyway.

andrew1220 likes this.
  7. andrew1220

andrew1220 NES Member

Haha that’s what I figured. I don’t shoot my AR (1:8 twist Wylde 16”) often but when I tried the green tip ammo I struggled to consistently hit my 8” steel plate at 120 yards from a rest. Switch to wolf gold and get much better accuracy.

Sorry for the thread drift lol.

Squib308 likes this.
  8. jasons

The stuff that passes and makes it to .mil stockpiles is 4 minute ammo. The stuff that doesn't pass for whatever reason and gets dumped on the civilian market could be even worse.

andrew1220 likes this.
  9. jasons

FYI, you guys can stop reporting this thread. Consider this one thread an exception to the normal rule.

10. andrew1220

andrew1220 NES Member

Good to know. Makes sense after experiencing the crappy accuracy.

11. mlaboss

mlaboss NES Member

Signed up for their Prime service and ordered a couple boxes of ammo just to try out the free shipping on everything. I'll probably order some larger quantities of stuff in the new year, I want to support TSUSA since they're the first vendor to openly declare that shipping into MA is legal and that they will continue to do it.

12. Peicemaker

Peicemaker

It's LAP ammo. Plenty combat accurate and goes through stuff better than lead core. Good general purpose SHTF ammo to stockpile. Doesn't need to be sub MOA. Just needs to hit what your shooting at and to go through it better than regular stuff.

Masswhole and andrew1220 like this.
  13. jasons

It's pretty unremarkable is a lot of ways actually. It's not accurate, it really doesn't penetrate much, it doesn't expand well in soft targets, and it's usually more expensive than other options. If the only two options were M855 or M193, I'd take the M193. (Luckily those aren't the only two options.)

AKOK74 and andrew1220 like this.
  14. matt2491

matt2491 NES Member

It basically sucks if your barrel can't spin it up enough.

Good for MG bullet slinging' though.

AKOK74 and andrew1220 like this.
  15. roccoracer

roccoracer NES Member

My rifle likes the heavier projectiles. I bought the 62gr just to try it in my 1/7 twist barrel.

16. namedpipes

namedpipes NES Member

I *think* he was being sarcastic.

TS "came out" on their own and actively encouraged people to spread the news. "Covering" for them is simply silly.

If other ammo suppliers are shipping to Mass and NOT being public about it then of COURSE keep your lips zipped.

If more ammo suppliers would publicly stand up to the petty tyrant, THEN we wouldn't be dealing with this.

17. m_n_x

m_n_x NES Member

Is the prime membership a good deal ? Is the discount enough to make back the cost?

18. headednorth

headednorth NES Member

@ 8%, you need to order ~$1100/yr to make your money back. Thats for stuff you would normally have to pay to ship. Case amounts ship free anyway. They say if you dont save at least the $95 dollars over the course of the year they refund you whatever the shortfall is, iow if you saved $85, they send you a check (or credit your account, Im not sure which) for $10.

If you order a good amount of ammo over the course of the year, or if you typically order in amounts that require you to pay for shipping it can be a good deal. Depends on how much youre ordering and how often.

JJ4 and Mesatchornug like this.
  19. namedpipes

namedpipes NES Member

Sounds like it's easier to buy an occasional case. The prime membership would pay for itself if you buy a box or two, often, but if you're buying a box or two, often, then you can probably justify a case, once in a while...

The5thDentist and andrew1220 like this.
  20. headednorth

headednorth NES Member

I think so. If youre buying enough random boxes here and there to make the prime membership worthwhile, you should probably be thinking about buying in case amounts anyway. Its the 8% discount combined with the free ship and then people just have to take a good guess as to how much they plan on buying over the course of the year. For me, I feel that prices are low and supply is there for now. Mid term elections are coming up in a couple of years and presidential election is~3 years away. I'd rather stock up now with any extra cash set aside and not have to run out last minute because of some political or news driven event. Better to buy and put away when its quiet and the average person doesnt really feel the need to buy. The prime membership helps to shave a few bucks off of those costs. Also dont forget they say they will refund the difference between your yearly savings and the cost of the membership.

21. doobam

doobam NES Member

I'm not sure exactly what the problem is. TS sells ammo and wants to sell ammo in as many states as possible. People talking about them selling ammo is free advertising and they don't seem to mind. There are all kinds of regs concerning moving arms and ammo across state lines so the AG has to know that TS is doing so. Don't know. Maybe I'm missing something here.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
  22. headednorth

headednorth NES Member

Iirc, your post referenced the method of delivery that would give the AG an opportunity to employ scare tactics with the soccer mom/Facebook crowd. A good chunk of the people in this state look at guns and ammo like theyre grenades with the pins missing. The shipping method you mentioned could easily turn into a "loophole" that needs emergency legislation or "re-interpretation" to solve. TS shipping here isnt the issue with your post, the other part could potentially be.

23. doobam

doobam NES Member

Fair enough, but I have to believe that as soon as the AG knew they were shipping ammo to the state, they crawled up their ass with a microscope looking for said loophole.

24. Vagrant

Vagrant

The funny thing about this entire situation is that when they first stopped shipping to MA they cancelled my order but somehow shipped someone else's order to my house. My address was on the box but the order inside belonged to some guy in another state.

25. Alex9661

Alex9661 NES Member

So did you get more or less ammo than you paid for?

26. headednorth

headednorth NES Member

Maybe. Just think its not a good idea to spell out every little detail online.

27. Bmcl322

Bmcl322 NES Member

Exactly. The level of detail in some of these posts does not help our cause.

Emoto, M125X and andrew1220 like this.
  28. CatSnoutSoup

CatSnoutSoup NES Member

I have no problem with this thread advertising TS sales and in fact welcome this challenge to the AG because there is no law governing these sales or shipments. There are other regulations to be considered — read the post I referenced again.

mothybee likes this.
  29. Masswhole

Masswhole NES Member

The correct level of ‘spreading the word’ lies somewhere between a billboard on I93 and the double secret handshake.

TS clearly has enough MA customers to resume sales here or they would’ve just forgotten MA like so many others. They are in the ammo sales biz, let’s buy some ammo to thank them for fighting for us.

Nothing said in this thread couldn’t be figured out by the AG with a simple order or review of TS website anyhow. We should be educating people how to sidestep all the BS in this state, not keeping it to ourselves- especially when it’s completely legal.

The5thDentist, doobam and andrew1220 like this.
  30. Dadstoys

Dadstoys NES Member

I'm sure they are watching the situation carefully to see how it goes before getting too brazen.
    After all...
    [​IMG]

Knuckle Dragger and namedpipes like this.