• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

This is very tempting. I live right on the border and I DO NOT keep receipts, so if I just buy absolutely everything (with per purchase totals less than $1k) in NH I can pay only .000625 x AGI in sales tax and they can't make me pay more?
Not that they can't but AFAIK they won't. It's one of the few tax provisions that actually benefits the taxpayers! That doesn't happen often!

I filed the safe harbor several years during the time when I was ordering a lot from Amazon and they didn't collect sales tax.

Now Amazon collects sales tax and the safe harbor is much more than my use tax liability, which I estimate is now 0 as far as I can recall.
You're buying from the wrong people! With a little work you can usually get the same stuff on EBay often with free shipping and no tax. Why make Bezos richer?

Not that they can't but AFAIK they won't. It's one of the few tax provisions that actually benefits the taxpayers! That doesn't happen often!

'Safe Harbor' saves you from penalties (and interest iirc), and THEY have to prove you bought something and didn't pay tax on it. If they can prove that you bought more than the safe harbor covers - you owe then the extra.

'Safe Harbor' saves you from penalties (and interest iirc), and THEY have to prove you bought something and didn't pay tax on it. If they can prove that you bought more than the safe harbor covers - you owe then the extra.

...plus interest, no doubt.

TSUSA is slammed. They are trying to keep up with California sales before the deadline and now the MA GenPop. Set expectations accordingly.

Just a week and a half ago you could call them and have a nice lady pickup on the first ring. They deserve all the good business they can get.
I can imagine. I placed an order late last week and it hasn't shipped yet. I guess I will not be getting it before Christmas, unless some Christmas magic kicks in!

Oh well, glad to hear that they are doing well! I plan to continue to support them!

The legal theory would have to be conspiracy to commit an unfair and deceptive consumer practice against one's self.

So, basically: self abuse?

--

Target Sports has a "thank you" order from me. When things settle down for them, I'll see about buying some in bulk. I hope y'all will do the same.

I had never HEARD of them before The Gun Parlor put them in the AG's sights and I would have never heard they'd resumed MA sales if not for this thread.

Because if you buy on amazon using the Comm2A link, a little bit of money ends up going to them.
To each his own. But why not just send the money you save on sales tax directly to Comm2A? Then you get the charitable deduction instead of Amazon. Comm2A gets more that way and so do you. Best of all, the coffers of the Corrupt Commonwealth get less!

. . . That's also the reason I don't think that individuals are not going to be prosecuted based upon the the AG's 7/20 enforcement notice, even if they acquire or transfer so-called AWs after that date.

You wrote, by a double negative, that the AG will prosecute individuals. Is that what you intended to say?

"I'm hoping the ammo I ordered on Dec. 15th arrives by January 15th. After that I may start to worry.

I ordered on Friday (12/15) and got a Fedex email saying delivery today (12/20). Should be waiting for me when I get home.

TSUSA is slammed. They are trying to keep up with California sales before the deadline and now the MA GenPop. Set expectations accordingly.

Just a week and a half ago you could call them and have a nice lady pickup on the first ring. They deserve all the good business they can get.

I ordered friday. Maybe Thursday. Whatever day this came out.

Still no shipment. I've got labels. I hope I've got bullerts. No shipment as yet. Now I'm getting worried some slowpoke in CA is taking my ammo and I'll get a refund. :(

Still no shipment. I've got labels. I hope I've got bullerts. No shipment as yet. Now I'm getting worried some slowpoke in CA is taking my ammo and I'll get a refund. :(

You'll be fine. They got PLENTY of ammo lol. I stopped by their facility last November and it’s a MASSIVE warehouse full of ammo.
73779F8A-355C-46E3-B55D-31B68E490FF2.png

It's good for us that Target Sports chooses to be the test case with Maura. Let Ma.gov. take it's best shot. The law is on the side of Target Sports. In the end, Maura will be proven to be no more than a paper tiger in this matter and the result will be that product will flow into Ma. the way the U.S. laws of commerce intend for it to flow and many other suppliers will jump on board to ship to us again. When this happens, I hope that firearms owners in Ma. remember that Target Sports was the catalyst that made this happen for us.

Last edited:
I ordered on Friday (12/15) and got a Fedex email saying delivery today (12/20). Should be waiting for me when I get home.
Well that's encouraging. Was it a small order?

That's my concern too. Their inventory is NOT real time, so if they fall behind the website may say it's in stock when it's not. In the past when this happened they took my order, my money, and created shipping labels. Then weeks later they just canceled the order and issued a refund after holding my money that whole time.

Nice! I ordered Friday as well, but still nothing. Was hoping to have before Christmas for stocking stuffers :D

It's good for us that Target Sports chooses to be the test case with Maura. Let Ma.gov. take it's best shot. The law is on the side of Target Sports. In the end, Maura will be proven to be no ore than a paper tiger in this matter and the result will be that product will flow into Ma. the way the U.S. laws of commerce intend for it to flow and many other suppliers will jump on board to ship to us again. When this happens, I hope that firearms owners in Ma. remember that Target Sports was the catalyst that made this happen for us.

TGP vs Target sports.

Typically, what I found is TSUSA takes the order, receives it, takes about a week and a couple days to process the order and when it ships, it’s at your house in 2 days max. The shipping is fast, the processing takes time, but I give them a pass every time since they’ve been consistent or better every order I’ve placed since I first heard of them years ago.

Both FedEx and UPS have an option to hold shipments that require signatures at the depot if you aren't available at home to sign for it. You cannot legally hold ammo at a FedEx Kinkos/UPS store, but depots are fine.

Then you get the charitable deduction instead of Amazon.
If you follow the link, Comm2a gets a sales commission which is not a charitable deduction for Amazon - but is a business expense offsetting profits (if any).

If you use the Amazon Smile program, Comm2a gets a donation about 10% that of a sales commission and I expect Amazon gets a deduction.

Typically, what I found is TSUSA takes the order, receives it, takes about a week and a couple days to process the order and when it ships, it’s at your house in 2 days max. The shipping is fast, the processing takes time, but I give them a pass every time since they’ve been consistent or better every order I’ve placed since I first heard of them years ago.

I wonder if there is some sort of check happening during that first week.

Target sports shipping: Guys I have order from these people for years. Many of them years while I was in MA but thank god I am in a free state now. They can be slow in shipping when they get busy. Took 1.5 weeks to get 500rd of 45acp I order this month, yes Cali is a big part of it I am sure but people from MA also. Add in they have killer prices on ammo!! I have shopped around for a long time and hands down 95% of the time, Target sports will have a better price per box then anyplace else. There shipping can be a little much on a few boxes so normally your better off order 1/2 case or full case on orders. I will also say they have a great pick on carry ammo better then you will find in most gun shops.

Back
Top Bottom