• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Don’t look now but ammo prices are going up at TS. The TS Lake City 1k round bulk pack is now up to the same price as the Federal bulk pack at $367. It was $321 just a few weeks ago.

View attachment 361982
Thank you TSUSA for 2 small packages with free shipping and low prices. I kinda love ordered “samples”.
This is currently my best way to try ammo out in firearms. Buy a box...test a box...buy more if it runs well.

Last edited:
This is currently my best way to try ammo out in firearms. Buy a box...test a box...buy more if it runs well.

This is why I signed up for Prime today. I ordered a barreled action in an exotic caliber, figured I would order an assortment of ammo to try out. The shipping was ridiculous without the prime. Not sure if I will save enough to cover the membership, but I have blown more money on worse things in my youth.

Can someone briefly explain the big deal about Lake City 223? I know they make for the military, but is it really creme de la creme?
For ball round ammo I find it to be clean burning and reliable. Those to me are the top qualities. I wouldn’t call it creme de la creme though.

Other experiences of ball ammo yield dirty primers and powder though accurate. One experience with Speer 45 acp left me underwhelmed in my 1911. My arm was covered in some strange particulate that actually got in my eye.

I noticed today one of my pending orders has : Please note: Order processing delay of 3-5 business days from date your order is placed The other one doesn't.

Can someone briefly explain the big deal about Lake City 223? I know they make for the military, but is it really creme de la creme?
As DjBradles said, not cream of the crop, but very dependable, accurate, clean shooting stuff that has nice reloadable brass.
Perfect for SHTF and range practice...

Lake City Ammo Information
Lake City Ammunition is a manufacturer of small caliber ammo. Lake City Ammunition was established in December 1940 and began manufacturing quality ammunition in 1941. The Lake City Ammunition Plant was one of the very first small arms plants run by the Army! Furthermore, the Lake City Ammunition Plant is the largest small arms manufacturing plant in the world!
The Lake City Ammo Plant has implemented a modernization program for the purpose of maintaining its reputation as the premier small caliber manufacturing plant in the world. The program objectives are to increase capacity, efficiency, and quality while using the most advanced machinery available. The plant has the capacity to produce more than 1.5 billion rounds annually and continues to provide a high volume of small caliber ammunition to shooters and hunting enthusiasts with every round sold!

That is one nice looking gun. Would like something like this, but maybe with an 18" or maybe 16" barrel. Not sure about the tip/comp/brake. What made you choose that one? Did the company do that, or did you?
This was my first pistol and Joe from JC Arms helped me put it together. The muzzle brake is a Troy Claymore. I like it because it focuses the muzzle blast forward. Actually it is engraved on the underside: “Point towards enemy”

Well, the 5.56 is a bigger deal than the .223 they crank out....

It's cuz XM193 = "boom boom boom boom boom!" [laugh]

It's got the JUICE and its usually pretty good stuff.

The only other 55 gr stuff I like is Privi's M193 knockoff.

Win Q3131 and Q3131A were great too but I don't even know if they even make those anymore.

-Mike

Other experiences of ball ammo yield dirty primers and powder though accurate. One experience with Speer 45 acp left me underwhelmed in my 1911. My arm was covered in some strange particulate that actually got in my eye.

I've noticed back when I shot a ton of Fed AE 45 I would have black flecks all over my forearms during the summer, probably either unburned or partially burned powder flakes. Never got any in my eye. Which speer are you talking about, Lawman? I know their duty ammo is pretty clean (GDHPs, etc).

.300AAC is borderline impossible to find lately. Especially the subsonic stuff.

I am hating myself right slightly now because before all this bullshit started I was like "I should buy a case of 300 blk, even 500 rounds just in case I build one and its
going to be gone" 3 weeks later.. POOF entire channel BONE dry. [rofl]

I am hating myself right slightly now because before all this bullshit started I was like "I should buy a case of 300 blk, even 500 rounds just in case I build one and its
May 15 was your last chance!
.300 AAC has been pretty rare from TS as of late but S&B snuck in there late last night with plenty of stock for $.64 a round Prime. Still a pricey round but maybe the best price around. See what I did there?
16 cases left

I bet those are actually made by RIO. They look similar to my pic on the other page, exact same like printed font, etc. [laugh]
I did not notice that. I haven't fired the RIO in a couple of years, but they do look like Irish Twins...

I'm sitting on ~500 rounds of 300BLK and am waiting for inventories to start coming back before I start going through those. 300BLK is a hoot and a holler to shoot.

Back
Top Bottom