• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Unfortunately the Geco line is discontinued bro. It is now only Norma brand TS is carrying through RUAG Ammotec USA inc..

You want to flesh out this statement a little for me please?

GECO seems very much alive...

And the only Norma FMJ handgun cartridge I can find on TSUSA is there 9x19mm 124gr "Carbine Envy".

The TSUSA website still lists lots of GECO handgun cartridges, none in stock, but nonetheless there.

Perhaps you privy to some top secret info?...

ttGENqKl.png

BTW I'm still sitting on about 1100 rounds of GECO .45 ACP purchased last year at 25¢ a round, it's a fine cartridge for the range.

🐯

P.S.> Secret Squirrel popped into my head and I then had to find a pic, please forgive my childish outburst, my only excuse is that I am in fact childish. [dance]

WAT

@drgrant Is you hearin' this shit?

And the only Norma FMJ handgun cartridge I can find on TSUSA is there 9x19mm 124gr "Carbine Envy".

The TSUSA website still lists lots of GECO handgun cartridges, none in stock, but nonetheless there.

ttGENqKl.png

BTW I'm still sitting on about 1100 rounds of GECO .45 ACP purchased last year at 25¢ a round, it's a fine cartridge for the range.

🐯

P.S.> Secret Squirrel popped into my head and I then had to find a pic, please forgive my childish outburst, my only excuse is that I am in fact childish. [dance]

I remember reading the exact same thing on TS's website a couple of months ago regarding GECO going away, and it being replaced by Norma (or that it was going to be sold under Norma's name), but I don't know what happened to that. Perhaps when the Covid shit hit the fan, there was a change of plan(s).

Frank

Just got a shipment I'd been waiting 3 weeks for. Mixed box of 12 gauge, 9mm, and .223. Didn't open the box for a couple of days, and when I did, turned out they'd sent me an extra box of 100 .223. I emailed them right away asking them to charge me for it, but they haven't responded for a couple days.

WAT

@drgrant Is you hearin' this shit?

ttGENqKl.png

🐯

I remember reading the exact same thing on TS's website a couple of months ago regarding GECO going away, and it being replaced by Norma (or that it was going to be sold under Norma's name), but I don't know what happened to that. Perhaps when the Covid shit hit the fan, there was a change of plan(s).

Frank

Target Sports has discontinued it’s purchase of Geco from the distributor in FL, Ruag Ammotec. I should have been a bit clearer with the usage of that word. Ruag has several brands including Norma and Geco. TS is only purchasing Norma from this distributor now.

From the Ruag Usa site:

“Our US subsidiary, RUAG Ammotec USA Inc., is located in Tampa/Florida as a distributor and manufacturer. We are working as distributor and manufacturer. We offer German-Swiss-Technology ammunition for private use as well as for Law Enforcement segments in the US. Our quality and our availability of ammo make the difference.

Our brands of ammunition available in the US are GECO, RWS, NORMA and MFS. Please have a look at our new website and you’ll find our main products and products lines.”

4C98B601-16CD-4B4A-ACBF-4DE9FBC94816.jpeg

Last edited:

Frank
Geco is still being manufactured. It’s just not being carried by TS anymore.

Rio case came in with the Federal 22 hollow game shok and Aguila 22 super extra today. The Rio is a nicely formed shell with some nice high brass. Can’t wait to cycle a few of these.View attachment 355425View attachment 355426View attachment 355427View attachment 355428View attachment 355429

I've used metric shit tons of RIO 00 Buck... still have a ton left, too. The only problem with that ammo, is the crimp on the shell ends up making the shell a c-hair longer, and in some cases this will reduce the capacity of your shotgun by one round.

-Mike

Maybe with free shipping it isn't bad, but not good enough for me to think about not ordering it from TS. Larry probably has a weight limit for free shipping, so it probably doesn't matter anyways.
TS is too easy to bother looking anywhere else. Im a Prime member so anything ships free, in normal times in a couple of days. Plus they told the AG to f*ck off.

TS is too easy to bother looking anywhere else. Im a Prime member so anything ships free, in normal times in a couple of days. Plus they told the AG to f*ck off.
This. Being able to free ship a few boxes a month or week saves you not tying up your money in a whole case.
And you get 8 percent off. Easily pays for itself.

a couple of things.

1. Are people experiencing shipping delays from TS Prime members? As a Prime member I have ordered 2 cases of 5.56 in the last 3 weeks and they have both shipped in 3 days.

2. FEDEX and UPS are swamped. All of us have had deliveries get "hung up" for days and just sit in the system. I have a FEDEX package coming from AZ that was supposed to be here today 5/11. I hit Middletown CT last Wed and has been sitting for 4 days. Now it is "in transit" to Quincy MA and the updated delivery date is Tuesday 5/19!!!!!

3. I split up a case of LC 5.56 last week and it was 1019 rounds.

It is the best I've ever used.

I want a 'Flightcontrol Wad' Tattoo...

a couple of things.

1. Are people experiencing shipping delays from TS Prime members? As a Prime member I have ordered 2 cases of 5.56 in the last 3 weeks and they have both shipped in 3 days.

2. FEDEX and UPS are swamped. All of us have had deliveries get "hung up" for days and just sit in the system. I have a FEDEX package coming from AZ that was supposed to be here today 5/11. I hit Middletown CT last Wed and has been sitting for 4 days. Now it is "in transit" to Quincy MA and the updated delivery date is Tuesday 5/19!!!!!

I'm a prime member. I'm not expecting any preferential treatment. I'm not in a rush anyway. Range is closed.

a couple of things.

My experience is that Fedex sucks and UPS is generally on time. Plus their driver is a great guy.

Back
Top Bottom