• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Speaking of this I shot some of Active Duty m-whatever ammo and it gave both my gen4 and 5 Glock19s absolute fits. But oddly enough ran really well in my M&P compact.

My Gen 1 M&P will eat anything. Runs better than the G17 I used to have and the only time you ever need to clean it is .... never.

I run 147 powder puff loads that just make power factor for competition.

Blazer 9mm 115 is the only factory ammo I have consistently seen fail chrono at matches. The stuff is no good. Sucks to pay $150 or more for a major match and get a DQ cause your cheap ass Blazer ammo is crap.

Blazer 9mm 115 is the only factory ammo I have consistently seen fail chrono at matches. The stuff is no good. Sucks to pay $150 or more for a major match and get a DQ cause your cheap ass Blazer ammo is crap.
Most shooters will never need to chrono their ammo so it doesn’t really matter to them 😂

Do they market Blazer 115 as making minimum PF?

If YES - then the ammo is sh*t.
If NO - then the shooter is sh*t for assuming it would without testing it.

Last time I checked Blazer is not marketed as making PF. So that leaves one option.

Besides ... everyone knows you load a separate mag with it for those classifiers. No one will notice ;)

Last time I checked Blazer is not marketed as making PF. So that leaves one option.

Besides ... everyone knows you load a separate mag with it for those classifiers. No one will notice ;)
Yeah I was thinking the same. It’s just bulk 9mm ammo that runs well otherwise aside from not making PF. Now if we’re talking about some of that Turkish 9mm ammo, that’s shit lol.

Chrono stage at a sanctioned match is not a classifier.

They don't need to market it as making any power factor. They publish the specifications which include bullet weight and velocity which is all you need. The specifications claim 1145 fps through a 4" barrel. That would be a power factor of (1145 * 115)/1000 = 131.68 The power factor requirements are a minimum of 125 (SSP, ESP). In order to fail chrono that means you need a velocity of less than 1086 on 2 out of 3 shots. You're talking a velocity that is more than 5% slower than specs. Most people shooting SSP, ESP have a 4" barrel or slightly longer so it is not case of running a 3" barrel (which would have a lower power factor requirement).

I am not going to sit here and say Blazer Brass 115 always fails chrono. I will say I have seen Blazer Brass 115 fail multiple times at major IDPA matches over the last 5 years or so. As the MD at many MA States the only factory ammo I ever had to DQ somebody for was Blazer 115. If asked I tell people not to run it at major matches but to each their own.

Last edited:

marketed? lol

Any commercial 9mm ammo that won’t make minor out of the box is dog shit. 9mm 115 needs to be at least 1100+ fps minimum otherwise it’s just crap.

eta: back when i loaded 9 my target was 124gr @ 1100+. which got you safely into the 130s. Anything that chonoed less than 1100 was considered a failure and I didn’t produce any more of it.

marketed? lol

Any commercial 9mm ammo that won’t make minor out of the box is dog shit. 9mm 115 needs to be at least 1100+ fps minimum otherwise it’s just crap.

eta: back when i loaded 9 my target was 124gr @ 1100+. which got you safely into the 130s. Anything that chonoed less than 1100 was considered a failure and I didn’t produce any more of it.
But you are too strong.

I won't shoot anything over 1000fps to a target. It is a waste of powder and makes it harder. I work smart, not hard.

Anyone who has ordered from TSUSA, is the box your ammo gets delivered in blatantly labeled or does it come in a non descriptive box? Asking because I live in an apartment building and packages get left in a sort of common area mail room and I don't want some random to come across a package of mine and have it dissappear

Back
Top Bottom