Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Most steel 223 is f***ing garbage but everything else they sell? Let er rip. When theres a real price difference I buy Tula 9mm all day long.

For some reason most Russian commercial .223 is reportedly underpowered and dirty. I've heard this a lot. Besides the Barnaul made stuff it seems to be pretty trash in that caliber. The .223 barnaul is more consistent and generally better quality than the Tula and Wolf type offerings.

There is a lot of nonsense and unfounded BS internet lore about ammo from other countries... but Turkish 9mm is not good.. as in "you're gun is gonna explode" not good. Also the commercially produced Bosnian MaxxTech 9mm in my personal experience and that of others... it's very dirty, some out of spec cases that won't chamber in a glock, more duds on average than CCI blazer/similar.

fwiw I found my steel case Tula, wolf Poly and wolf MC to be solid atleast in reliability. it’s certainly underpowered and dirty. but seems better than pmc bronze. I use it for drills and just general practice. haven’t had a problem across a probably 5k+ rds of 223 and 3-4k rounds of 9mm. I dont use it for accuracy so I can’t speak to that. mostly just drills to work on muscle memory etc and holster drills with my pistol. I would trust any of those 3 steel case or Barnaul, RAS etc over random flag brass case.

imo just be careful what you’re buying when those low priced items pop. I am leary of random name ammo or remanufactured/reloaded ammo.
This. Specifically some of that cheap Turkish ammo. Have heard from gun shop owners of guns being damaged or kaboomed from that ammo

For some reason most Russian commercial .223 is reportedly underpowered and dirty. I've heard this a lot. Besides the Barnaul made stuff it seems to be pretty trash in that caliber. The .223 barnaul is more consistent and generally better quality than the Tula and Wolf type offerings.
The best 223 Russian i ever used was silver bear 62gr. That stuff actually had at least some punt to it and it was always reliable. Haven't seen it in forever though.

The best 223 Russian i ever used was silver bear 62gr. That stuff actually had at least some punt to it and it was always reliable. Haven't seen it in forever though.
I clocked steel 55gr .223 ammo I have and it does its 3000fps, so, do not see any issues there. It works. A green tip m855 works better.

I think UPS lost my ammo. They keep pushing delivery date, now it is arriving tomorrow.

7 days in transit.

Has never happened before.

That basically means they put it on the wrong truck and it's on it's way to Ohio somewhere. Then they have to send it back before coming to you. Have had it happen a few times to me in the past.

[laugh] I wonder if I could get them to drop it off at work for me.

If the box broke and one round rolled out onto the floor, commence the pants shitting.

I'm sure you could. During the account creation or at the checkout, you can add a new shipping address.
All orders I've received from Target were well-packed.

They don't. And UPS will hold your boxes if you ship to them.

1 of my 3 arrived today, I have a fever so it will sit at UPS until the other 2 arrive tomorrow.
They delivered yesterday. Left it out front, discreetly and well packaged.

Got prime too while I was at it. Now TargetSports owns my soul for a year. 🤣

That basically means they put it on the wrong truck and it's on it's way to Ohio somewhere. Then they have to send it back before coming to you. Have had it happen a few times to me in the past.
If you can locate it in Ohio, let me know…I’ll rob the truck and then you can double your order for free! (My cut is 50% though, so you’ll actually only end up with exactly what you ordered)

They delivered yesterday. Left it out front, discreetly and well packaged.

Got prime too while I was at it. Now TargetSports owns my soul for a year. 🤣
The discreet ammo packaging is great, that black diamond on the packaging doesn't give anything away.

Now, only if they could do the same for powder.

And if companies like Dillon stopped advertising what is in the box to everyone.

That would be great.

I just got a caliber change from Dillon. Just like my 750 said "AMMO MANUFACTURING" on all 6 sides, this one said "RELOADING COMPONENTS" all over.

I am done ordering anything direct from Dillon, Amazon has enough of their stuff I can order there.

The discreet ammo packaging is great, that black diamond on the packaging doesn't give anything away.

Now, only if they could do the same for powder.

And if companies like Dillon stopped advertising what is in the box to everyone.

That would be great.

I just got a caliber change from Dillon. Just like my 750 said "AMMO MANUFACTURING" on all 6 sides, this one said "RELOADING COMPONENTS" all over.

I am done ordering anything direct from Dillon, Amazon has enough of their stuff I can order there.
Was it addressed to: "TERRORIST"...?

1659028522776.png

The black diamond could just as easily mean it was cans of spray paint.

That's why future ammo shipments will feature new signage...

tD1Psji.jpg

You heard it here first.

🐯

Back
Top Bottom