Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Amazed that Aguila SE 22lr ammo for 8.5 cpr shipped, is still in stock from that other vendor.
What amazes me is that I can't find ANY CCI standard velocity anywhere. I would imagine that they make boat loads of this stuff daily , but it can't be found for sale anywhere (at least where I look).

What amazes me is that I can't find ANY CCI standard velocity anywhere. I would imagine that they make boat loads of this stuff daily , but it can't be found for sale anywhere (at least where I look).
TSUSA just had some a couple weeks ago I think?

Not super helpful but CCI has it in stock along with their mini mags. The limits suck. But I've bought some mini mags from them a few months ago. Shipped it to the UPS Store in Salem, NH for a $5 fee.

TSUSA just had some a couple weeks ago I think?

Not super helpful but CCI has it in stock along with their mini mags. The limits suck. But I've bought some mini mags from them a few months ago. Shipped it to the UPS Store in Salem, NH for a $5 fee.
I have no UPS stores in the NH towns near me , and I'm not driving an hour to do that. I do appreciate the help though

Well its good to see 9mm coming down to earth somewhat and readily available in large volume, I suspect it will be down a bit more in coming months.

Haven't bought any in nearly 2 years since it went crazy.......thinking next order might have to re do my prime script if the handgun ammo keeps dropping.

Well its good to see 9mm coming down to earth somewhat and readily available in large volume, I suspect it will be down a bit more in coming months.

Haven't bought any in nearly 2 years since it went crazy.......thinking next order might have to re do my prime script if the handgun ammo keeps dropping.
Yeah I'm surprised how much 9mm prices have dropped. Ammo prices dropping but primer prices skyrocketing....🤔

Yeah I'm surprised how much 9mm prices have dropped. Ammo prices dropping but primer prices skyrocketing....🤔
This is my head scratcher too. Seriously wtf. Have THAT many people got into reloading too in the past couple of years?

I’ve used over 200 LRP’s this week and my butthole clenched thinking about replacing them, lol.

I have at least 3,000 large rifle brass cases prepped and ready to load once I get my loads where I want them...it’s my version of ‘stacking deep’ when I can make a f*** ton of ammo for way cheaper than I can buy it. It’s going to be painful watching my primer stack visibly shrink though.

If I’m buying ammo currently, it’s got a Russian accent.

1640708362478.jpeg

Fenix range ammo is once fired brass as well. Haven’t heard anything other than good things about their stuff though.

Edit- I’d trust their “reloads” more than Scorpio or Sumbro virgin loads. Also, their stance on the current climate (discriminating against Biden voters and not selling to popo after a mask citation) makes them a very attractive company to do business with. Also, their lot# stickers have an awesome addition.

Ordered from these guys. 👍👍
PM me for 5% off code if interested.

I suspect that most primers are going to large scale operations under long-term contracts, leaving individuals with only a few crumbs.

If this turns out to be accurate the industry is going to experience a bunch of churn on vendors because the sale of reloading equipment, powders, bullets etc. is going to dry up if the primer supply doesn't return. I myself have plenty of powder and bullets but running low on primers. I am forced to buy factory ammo instead of reloading components due to the primer shortage. Companies like Dillon are taking a hit because it makes no sense to invest in reloading tools when you can't get components.

Last edited:
If this turns out to be accurate the industry is going to experience a bunch of churn on vendors because the sale of reloading equipment, powders, bullets etc. is going to dry up if the primer supply doesn't return. I myself have plenty of powder and bullets but running low on primers. I am forced to by factory ammo instead of reloading components due to the primer shortage. Companies like Dillon are taking a hit because it makes no sense to invest in reloading tools when you can't get components.

Reloading equipment had been one of the top sellers during the ammo drought. ammo is back but all those who bought reloading equipment are trying to justify the purchase by, well, reloading. Perhaps that's a contributing factor to the dearth of primers.

Companies like Dillon are taking a hit because it makes no sense to invest in reloading tools when you can't get components.
i am probably an exception then - as i got my 750xl setup this year, got all the primers i need and all the powders i need. it did cost plenty, true, but with the price on match grade 6.5CM going up to $4.50 per round and the lowest price to be, still, at $2.15 per round - it is way cheaper to reload.

but, yes, takes some effort to hunt down primers and popular powders like varget or reloder16.

i am probably an exception then - as i got my 750xl setup this year, got all the primers i need and all the powders i need. it did cost plenty, true, but with the price on match grade 6.5CM going up to $4.50 per round and the lowest price to be, still, at $2.15 per round - it is way cheaper to reload.

but, yes, takes some effort to hunt down primers and popular powders like varget or reloder16.
With ammo prices like THAT...maybe I actually AM saving money by reloading!?!?

I’ve kept my setup simple since the beginning, but buy quality tools and components across the board so I’m not wasting time fiddle-f***ing around while I should be pulling the press handle.

I had no idea 6.5cm was THAT expensive right now...I guess that explains why I can’t find any damn brass! Lucky I’ve got enough to hold me over for a bit, but I’ll be buying (even at inflated price) if/when I find more in my flavor.

no idea 6.5cm was THAT expensive right now
it is quite, well, yep. the S&B i still recall getting at $16 per box of 20. sweet memories of days long gone.
gonna go now and stamp myself another 100 of those 6.5CM with 140gr ELD hornady bullets and 41.8gr R16. an amazing load.
1640885553077.png

Last edited:
Considering that a basic precision reloading setup(manual press, auto trickler, dies and primer tool) is ~$500. If you saved your brass, the cost of a 6.5CM is 50-60 cents per round. At current prices, you'd be breaking even cost-wise at about 300-350 rounds of 6.5CM. If you don't shoot that much, might as well keep buying at whatever the price is.
BassPro/Cabela's sometimes have "cheap" 6.5CM ammo at around $20-$25 mark. Even though I reload, I buy these whenever I see them.

I shoot 6.5PRC. At $6/round and reloading cost of about 60-70 cents, the break-even point is barely 100 rounds!

Considering that a basic precision reloading setup(manual press, auto trickler, dies and primer tool) is ~$500. If you saved your brass, the cost of a 6.5CM is 50-60 cents per round. At current prices, you'd be breaking even cost-wise at about 300-350 rounds of 6.5CM. If you don't shoot that much, might as well keep buying at whatever the price is.
BassPro/Cabela's sometimes have "cheap" 6.5CM ammo at around $20-$25 mark. Even though I reload, I buy these whenever I see them.

I shoot 6.5PRC. At $6/round and reloading cost of about 60-70 cents, the break-even point is barely 100 rounds!
I saw hornady 6.5cm brass this week at $.90/case at Cabelas online!!! o_O

JUST THE BRASS!

For those shooting 6.5 (or .308, or .223) if you haven't set up an account on CMP, now's the time to do so! The ammo comes and goes, and some calibers (6.5 and .30-06) don't last long. Shipping times are lagging about 6-8 weeks, but what you get is great ammo at a price no one else comes close to.

6.5 Creed.JPG
This 6.5C sells for $1.10 per round, and includes Hornady brass and bullets.

A few weeks ago I shot three 3-round groups of this ammo at 100 yards out of my Savage Axis. Here are the three groups, compared to a .75 inch nickel. Sub MOA out of a $250 rifle at only $1.10 per round delivered?! I plan to get at least one more case the next time they pop up.

IMG_2038.jpgIMG_2037.jpgIMG_2036.jpg

Back
Top Bottom