• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

CMP orders are shipping quicker these days. My last few have arrived in just under 8 weeks, and this one was delivered today after being ordered on 10/29. Yes, they do ship CCI SV even though it is advertised as 4C22SVLRN-5000 .22 Federal LR Standard #35 Velocity 40gr LRN part#35 when it's available on the website. Price was $354 for a case of 5k, or $0.07 per round, delivered.

IMG_2170.jpg

TS had Remington birdshot by the case earlier this evening. Didn’t last long. I snagged one 12 (#6) and one 20 (#7.5)

20 has been a hard find lately.

Attachments

• 3661A8BE-22E3-4FD0-8E71-93545A5DB4E1.png
    3661A8BE-22E3-4FD0-8E71-93545A5DB4E1.png
    97 KB · Views: 6
  • D4BEB760-A457-42B1-973B-43E82F07F132.png
    D4BEB760-A457-42B1-973B-43E82F07F132.png
    127.6 KB · Views: 5
i would agree if it didn't say made in russia on it
I am a bit of a nerd, but this is extremely interesting to me. Ammo itself is labeled “BSVT-NT” which if you look up, is very clearly a Belarusian ammo manufacturer that is atleast partially state-owned. Yet the boxes say “Made in Russia”

Anyone have an idea what the incentives for disguising it as russian ammo could be? My only guess is that BSVT couldn’t get an importation license, so they made a deal with Barnaul to import through russia. Just a guess but seems possible.

I am a bit of a nerd, but this is extremely interesting to me. Ammo itself is labeled “BSVT-NT” which if you look up, is very clearly a Belarusian ammo manufacturer that is atleast partially state-owned. Yet the boxes say “Made in Russia”

Anyone have an idea what the incentives for disguising it as russian ammo could be? My only guess is that BSVT couldn’t get an importation license, so they made a deal with Barnaul to import through russia. Just a guess but seems possible.
On AKfiles we pretty much came to the agreement that Barnaul used casings from Belarus to make these rounds. Other than the stamp everything else about it looks barnaul.

On AKfiles we pretty much came to the agreement that Barnaul used casings from Belarus to make these rounds. Other than the stamp everything else about it looks barnaul.
That makes sense. What is interesting is the ammo on BSVTs site (not branded republic) also looks exactly like what is being sold under republic.

And the specs for the ammo between what is on BSVTs site, republic, and barnaul are EXACTLY the same. Muzzel velocities match exactly, down to the foot.

There must be some really deep partnership between barnaul and BSVT that goes beyond barnaul just using their casings if BSVT is advertising barnaul produced ammo as their own.

I would not be surprised if Barnaul got a sweet deal on the steel cases and "created" Republic Training & Range for the American market; and when the cases are gone, RT&R brand will be put on a back-burner.

Either way, I think this is very respectable ammunition...

And some very shootable range .38 special from Remy... (.55 cents a round)
In 250 round mega-paks. 2 packs (500 rounds) for under $300 bucks including tax.

Great price for a Major Domestic Brand. Winny was about .72 cents a round at the end of September...

Remington UMC 38 Special Ammo 130 Grain FMJ Mega Pack

1639533166503.png 1639533181672.png

Wolf x39 in-stock rn

Did they jack up the price again?? I thought it was 35ish cpr? Maybe I'm thinking of a different brand.

Another vendor has Wolf x39 in stock for $355 per 1k plus tax. Free shipping (to MA).
The jhp is a much better deal at $321

Back
Top Bottom