Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Has anyone else had deliveries shipped in vastly oversized boxes? Just got a brick of 22 in a maybe 18" cube with some heavy paper packing material thrown in. Not complaining just sort of comical. Saw a delivery made the day before yesterday and thought "What did I order?" because the box was so huge. Same size difference today. Supply issues so theyre using whatever they can get their hands on?
All those boxes from amazon, TS, ebay, newspapers, etc. I gather all of it and throw it in the fire pit to get it started. Too lazy to recycle. I'm planning on doing winter fire pits this year anyway.

Has anyone else had deliveries shipped in vastly oversized boxes? Just got a brick of 22 in a maybe 18" cube with some heavy paper packing material thrown in. Not complaining just sort of comical. Saw a delivery made the day before yesterday and thought "What did I order?" because the box was so huge. Same size difference today. Supply issues so theyre using whatever they can get their hands on?
My wife looked at me sideways when she saw the box that came. Had to lie and say it was a gift for her..
Now I have to buy something big for her...

All those boxes from amazon, TS, ebay, newspapers, etc. I gather all of it and throw it in the fire pit to get it started. Too lazy to recycle. I'm planning on doing winter fire pits this year anyway.
Make sure there's no errant box of ammo hidden in the excelsior
before you burn the crates. You don't want to have a Fire Pit Pop.
34f2f17af335ba73d9df3590ead5008a.jpg

Has anyone else had deliveries shipped in vastly oversized boxes? Just got a brick of 22 in a maybe 18" cube with some heavy paper packing material thrown in.
Yep. A couple of 50-round boxes of defense 9mm. Wrapped in saranwrap and surrounded by heavy paper in a big cube box.

I think the small boxes are out in Long Beach harbor...

la-port-blasts.jpeg

Last edited:
Last edited:
Stupid question, but is there anything I need to worry about for 3" vs 2 3/4?

If the action and chamber are rated for 3” shells then its fine. For a given load, they are 0.25” longer so will have slightly more recoil and blast. Personally I keep 2.75” in the tube to maximize capacity then run 3” on the side-saddle since the length of shells dont matter. Then again my shotguns are buried somewhere in a safe because I’m a rifle whore.

3” vs 2 3/4" is like .357 Magnum vs .38 Special. You can shoot 2 3/4" in a gun chambered for 3”, just like you can shoot .38 Special in a gun chambered for .357 Magnum. In both cases the reverse is NOT true. You can’t shoot .357 Magnum in a gun chambered for .38 Special and you can’t shoot 3” in a gun chambered for 2 3/4”. Unless there is something seriously wrong with the gun, the larger rounds (.357 and 3”) won’t even fit in a gun chambered for the smaller round (.38 and 2 3/4”).

2 3/4 inch shells may or may not be marked with length on the hull, and may sometimes be labeled as "70mm"
but all 3" and 3.5" (magnums and super magnums) will be labeled for length.

2 3/4", 3.0" and 3.5" can also be analogized as:

.38, .357 magnum and .357 Maximum... [rofl]

448d1076115922-loading-38-brass-357-magnum-pressures-38to357maximum.jpg

2 3/4 inch shells may or may not be marked with length on the hull, and may sometimes be labeled as "70mm"
but all 3" and 3.5" (magnums and super magnums) will be labeled for length.

2 3/4", 3.0" and 3.5" can also be analogized as:

.38, .357 magnum and .357 Maximum... [rofl]

448d1076115922-loading-38-brass-357-magnum-pressures-38to357maximum.jpg

conceptually kosher but the difference between 38 and 357 are far greater than most 2.75 vs 3” shells.

Bunch of Ammo Inc. stuff just dropped. No idea quality wise, but it’s decently priced. Trying to find out a little more about the company.

Bunch of Ammo Inc. stuff just dropped. No idea quality wise, but it’s decently priced. Trying to find out a little more about the company.
Ive only had bad luck with their 9mm, I thought maybe it was me but swapping to another ammo fixed all the problems I was having and going back to it brough the problem back. Ive tested it a few times now too

Ive only had bad luck with their 9mm, I thought maybe it was me but swapping to another ammo fixed all the problems I was having and going back to it brough the problem back. Ive tested it a few times now too
Was the problem with the JHP or the range fodder?

I'm not a high volume shooter and was wondering if being a Prime member is worth the cost and free shipping ? How much is it now?
8% off, free shipping on any amount 1 box or 100. Costs $100 a year. I've saved $358($258 after you deduct the $100 fee) with their membership just on ammo, not counting the prime month deals.

Back
Top Bottom