Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Last edited:
Lileks' 404, FTW.

decker.JPG

Anyone know if the CMP Federal .22lr 40gr LRN Standard Velocity is this...?

1631750506863.png

I ask because both Federal and CCI are owned by Vista Outdoors and the CMP listing :

4C22SVLRN-5000 - .22 Federal LR Standard #35VELOCITY 40GR LRN PART#35

Mentions Part Number 35, which is the CCI part number for their SV .22lr 40gn LRN...

Or, this:

1631751766091.png

Last edited:

View attachment 523160

I ask because both Federal and CCI are owned by Vista Outdoors and the CMP listing :

Mentions Part Number 35, which is the CCI part number for their SV .22lr 40gn LRN...

Or, this:

View attachment 523168
Very good question. I don’t think Federal has any 5k rd cases except the Champion line. I don’t think CMP would carry the Walmart line.

Uh oh. You’ve now more than doubled the 2k round per caliber year limit! 😵
Not to worry, the CMP has me covered:

Ammo Limits are 2000 rounds per caliber per year. 22 Caliber ammo is limited to 10,000 rds when packaged in 5000 round cases.
Of course they left off the important rimfire qualifier. So if they ever sell 5.56/.223 in cases of 5000, you’ll be able to buy 10000 rounds🤩.

View attachment 523160

Or, this:

View attachment 523168
I was thinking it was the Federal Champion, but that’s just based on the fact that Champion is normally cheaper than CCI and 7 cents per round would be almost decent for Champion (which I have seen in the past for 5 cpr). I think it would be an actual deal for the CCI. I’ll find out when I get it.

Uh oh. You’ve now more than doubled the 2k round per caliber year limit! 😵
Of course, now you made me check and realize that those 5,000 rounds will have me bumping up against the 30,000 round rimfire limit of my ammo storage permit (I said I didn’t need any more .22 lr). I'd be fine if .22 WMR didn’t count as rimfire. Guess I’l just have to do a little more backyard plinking. I mean, I wouldn’t want to break any of the Fire Marshall’s rules.😇

Of course, now you made me check and realize that those 5,000 rounds will have me bumping up against the 30,000 round rimfire limit of my ammo storage permit (I said I didn’t need any more .22 lr). I'd be fine if .22 WMR didn’t count as rimfire. Guess I’l just have to do a little more backyard plinking. I mean, I wouldn’t want to break any of the Fire Marshall’s rules.😇
CMR be damned!

why does Federal ammo always seem to be a few cents more than the other American made stuff? Is it really somehow better?
Federal primers are softer and are more reliable in some guns that are tuned for competition. A few cents more is worth it when you consider match fees, travel time, etc. Federal also passes chrono but isn't to hot and is redally available in 124 and 147 grain

Some fancy 22lr up.
.18 per
.17 per
.33 per

Some fancy 22lr up.
.18 per
.17 per
.33 per

100 rd. Boxes of mini-mags were up for a hot second at 12cpr. They’re out there, still elusive though.

Something different.
68 gr Bthp .64 per
55gr HP .64 per
Does anyone have any experience with these? I know a guy...who has never fired anything but mil surp ammo in his AR and is wondering if theses might gain him a few points in accuracy.
They are twice the price they were before the chaos, but life is short, live a little.

Does anyone have any experience with these? I know a guy...who has never fired anything but mil surp ammo in his AR and is wondering if theses might gain him a few points in accuracy.
They are twice the price they were before the chaos, but life is short, live a little.
I haven’t yet. Hoping to this weekend though. I'd imagine this should do better then standard milsurp. Depends on the twist of the rifle as well though.

They’re giving it the ol’ college try.

Looks like I just have to win the truck and all will be right in the world. 2nd order of business is to peel all that stupid chit off the truck…

Peel it off?!? Park that day thing in and around Boston as a not-so-subtle ‘F-You’ !

Back
Top Bottom