Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Serious question. How difficult to swap barrels in your 5.45?
Assuming AK- You'd have to take out the rivets to remove trunnion and barrel assembly, then press the barrel out of the trunnion. Never tried this in a receiver I wanted to preserve- I removed a barrel / trunnion from a 'de-milled' receiver section that was to be junked. You definitely need a press and correct tools to support the receiver & trunnion when pressing. I made my press from some scrapped industrial hubs and a bottle jack, plus assorted jigs / pressing shoes that I made. Other jigs / tools I sourced- it's all in the thread. The two longer threaded rods are to accommodate a barrel, while all four rods are to support the receiver when setting various rivets.

Wu Flu Quarantine Build - Hungarian FEG AK - w/ Pics

tzOq7hTl.jpg
ILbEHCsh.jpg

You can use brake hubs but would need to be sure to source big, thick ones, and you have to drill them out.

@SKumar posted this very true meme in my thread-

1586740324185-png.347577

62 gr finally at a decent price. .51 per

55gr also .51 per
They had some .223 at .46 but that didn't last long
Edit. Few Winchester offerings up as well

I know they are one of the few companies that openly ships to Mass, but Target Sports USA doesn't really give a crap about their customers. I opened a case of Wolf Military Classic last night to discover that it was short four boxes. Upon closer inspection, it looks like the "Sealed case" had multiple layers of packing tape so someone had cut it open and re-taped it at some point. I wrote to their customer service and they told me that since it has been over 30 days since I ordered the case, I am shit out of luck. I guess we are expected to open "sealed" cases of ammo and take inventory immediately upon receipt. If that's the policy they want to have, fine. They will never get another cent of my business and I'll be the first one to tell people to take their business elsewhere from now on.

I know they are one of the few companies that openly ships to Mass, but Target Sports USA doesn't really give a crap about their customers. I opened a case of Wolf Military Classic last night to discover that it was short four boxes. Upon closer inspection, it looks like the "Sealed case" had multiple layers of packing tape so someone had cut it open and re-taped it at some point. I wrote to their customer service and they told me that since it has been over 30 days since I ordered the case, I am shit out of luck. I guess we are expected to open "sealed" cases of ammo and take inventory immediately upon receipt. If that's the policy they want to have, fine. They will never get another cent of my business and I'll be the first one to tell people to take their business elsewhere from now on.

That pretty standard practice across the board unfortunately. If I don’t notice shipping damage (which is probably what they’d cal missing ammo) on installations that get delayed and then try to claim it after 30 days, it’s always a battle. We can’t open every box to check, but we have to be vigilant with anything that even looks like it has a piece of tape out of place. Boxes break open and they (shipping companies) just re-tape them and send them along.

I’m sorry you got stuck with it, but I can’t say TSUSA is being unreasonable in this instance.

That pretty standard practice across the board unfortunately. If I don’t notice shipping damage (which is probably what they’d cal missing ammo) on installations that get delayed and then try to claim it after 30 days, it’s always a battle. We can’t open every box to check, but we have to be vigilant with anything that even looks like it has a piece of tape out of place. Boxes break open and they (shipping companies) just re-tape them and send them along.

I’m sorry you got stuck with it, but I can’t say TSUSA is being unreasonable in this instance.
Yeah I understand the policy and why they'd have it. The difference between good customer service and every other company is that a company with good customer service would find away to bend the rules to make a customer who has spent thousands of dollars with them happy for a pretty small cost. Oh well. They lost my business but it doesn't really matter does it?

Yeah I understand the policy and why they'd have it. The difference between good customer service and every other company is that a company with good customer service would find away to bend the rules to make a customer who has spent thousands of dollars with them happy for a pretty small cost. Oh well. They lost my business but it doesn't really matter does it?
Sorry to hear that experience but it happens to the best of em. All I have is good experience with damaged goods from them. One time they sent the wrong sabot slug boxes x2 and they sent me 4 boxes to replace the 2.

Last edited:
Better than Midway. They shipped some 22LR in plastic boxes, with each box having half a piece of bubble wrap stuck around it. They shipped in a gigantic box with their characteristic green air bubbles. All the plastic boxes were cracked, loose rounds everywhere... I sent them a message and they said "it's not our fault that the shipper damaged the box". It sucks for you, but you gotta open boxes and make sure everything is in order. I don't like to keep ammo in the cardboard anyhow. It attracts moisture.

Better than Midway. They shipped some 22LR in plastic boxes, with each box having half a piece of bubble wrap stuck around it. They shipped in a gigantic box with their characteristic green air bubbles. All the plastic boxes were cracked, loose rounds everywhere... I sent them a message and they said "it's not our fault that the shipper damaged the box". It sucks for you, but you gotta open boxes and make sure everything is in order. I don't like to keep ammo in the cardboard anyhow. It attracts moisture.
the benefit of Midway is I can find much more 5.56 in stock at the same or lower prices than any other online store.

If you don't open sealed cases of ammo immediately upon receipt,
how do you log the boxes' lot numbers in your journal?

It's not like cases of ammo are never composed from multiple lots.
I've recently started packing all of my ammo in metal ammo cans with desiccant packs and keep an inventory on a piece of paper taped to the wall. I'm not quite at the point of logging lot numbers into excel spreadsheets.
This has happened with me from Brownells once. I opened the outer box and there were loose rounds of Tulammo, smashed cardboard boxes, and broken plastic everywhere.

I've recently started packing all of my ammo in metal ammo cans with desiccant packs and keep an inventory on a piece of paper taped to the wall. I'm not quite at the point of logging lot numbers into excel spreadsheets.

This has happened with me from Brownells once. I opened the outer box and there were loose rounds of Tulammo, smashed cardboard boxes, and broken plastic everywhere.
I just rip off the flap of one box with the lot number and throw it in the bag with the lose ammo, generally the whole case is from the same lot, when the bag goes empty, I throw the flap away, that way I know where it came from if I need to

I just rip off the flap of one box with the lot number and throw it in the bag with the lose ammo, generally the whole case is from the same lot, when the bag goes empty, I throw the flap away, that way I know where it came from if I need to
I do the same thing...after logging quantities in my inventory.

then i forget to log out my use until I realize things are lower than the spreadsheet would have me realize.

It's a foolproof system, in that it's proof I'm something of a fool.

Back
Top Bottom