Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Yeah, $210 more than 619DW had, and GT's a better ammunition IMO.

46 cents a round might be a bargain in the not-too-distant future though...

View attachment 516173

You’re probably right about the pricing.
Unfortunately, it was supposed to be a more affordable range toy. It seems as though the opposite may be true now, and in the future.
I don’t have the luxury of keeping around firearms that don’t serve a purpose and if I’m paying AR prices for AK ammo, then there’s no point in keeping it. Just another mouth to feed with no practical purpose.

Just another mouth to feed with no practical purpose.
Except being an overall better/more tested platform, I completely agree with you [pot]

Keep your pants on...or start reloading. I’m making brass cased 124gr self defense rounds for less than $.50/rd (compare to a commercial equivalent that’s likely $1.50/rd)...admittedly with components bought pre Wu-Flu, but still...I don’t think the reloading angle will be attractive to the majority of AK fanboys, but it’s an option.

I doubt I’d EVER be able to even come close to $.20cpr though.

Last edited:
Except being an overall better/more tested platform, I completely agree with you [pot]

Keep your pants on...or start reloading. I’m making brass cased 124gr self defense rounds for less than $.50/rd (compare to a commercial equivalent that’s likely $1.50/rd)...admittedly with components bought pre Wu-Flu, but still...I don’t think the reloading angle will be attractive to the majority of AK fanboys, but it’s an option.

I doubt I’d EVER be able to even come close to $.20cpr though.

I do love your enthusiasm!
But, meh. It’s less accurate (though still deadly) than the AR’s I own and while I personally like the recoil impulse, my SO is a massive AR fangirl, so those aren’t going anywhere. I have to be of a ‘consolidate and conquer’ mindset, not divided.

With regards to reloading, I’m focused on 9mm SD rounds and .308 168gr. Sierra Matchking BTHP. Both of which serve a valuable purpose. I have a Lee breech hand press, so I feel every round, for better or worse. My space is severely limited, so I have to stay focused. I’m not reloading steel AK food when I can spend that time focusing on AR10 fodder. 7.62x39 is supposed to be a cheap and accessible round, it is now neither.

For me, it looks like it may be time to cut the cord 😕

Edit- Also, who wears pants inside? I most certainly will not keep them on as they came off long ago 😁

Last edited:
Literally a month ago, Wolf x39 on TS was 28 CPR!!! Now its 70% more expensive!! No legit reason other than the evils doing their thing.
Insane. Crazy to think how many times we’ve been saying what a great round x39 is due to cost and availability. Never thought this shit would happen.
Will be interesting to see if other neighboring countries will start exporting cheap x39 at some point.
Also curious to see what 619DW will be charging for their next shipment of x39. He said $100 cheaper than online. So if we go by TSUSA that’s somewhere around $400 for a case?? Oof
How many cases of x39 is enough anyway 😂

Insane. Crazy to think how many times we’ve been saying what a great round x39 is due to cost and availability. Never thought this shit would happen.
Will be interesting to see if other neighboring countries will start exporting cheap x39 at some point.
Also curious to see what 619DW will be charging for their next shipment of x39. He said $100 cheaper than online. So if we go by TSUSA that’s somewhere around $400 for a case?? Oof
How many cases of x39 is enough anyway 😂
$349 is my guess. The prices have doubled everywhere else. It won’t continue much beyond that because people will abandon it when it costs more per round than high quality brass 5.56 which is pretty much getting close to where it stands online now.

To your last question a double stacked tower 5ft high is still not enough.

$349 is my guess. The prices have doubled everywhere else. It won’t continue much beyond that because people will abandon it when it costs more per round than high quality brass 5.56 which is pretty much getting close to where it stands online now.

To your last question a double stacked tower 5ft high is still not enough.
Those Mosin/PSL guys better purchase all the x54R they can find. Literally, all of it.

Glad Im just at 1 ak and 1 sks, I have enough to last me long enough....but thats never enough is it? (Im lying I want more AKs)

I do have more than I thought

Last edited:
I’m kinda nervous for now, but I’m optimistic that the free market will figure out a decent option within the next year. I have enough to keep me shooting for probably 5-10 years if it takes that long, but I’ll be buying when the opportunity presents itself (at decent prices).

I stacked 7.62x39 rifles DEEP because I love the history and the nostalgia...EVERYONE and their brother have AR’s, but only hardcore LARPers have AK’s.

As it stands, I have about 1450 rounds to feed each of my 7.62x39 rifles/pistols with the ability to reload another 6000 or so if nothing else becomes available and I’m able to re-use the brass cases I have 3x each.

The part that REALLY pisses me off, is that I haven’t even received my Wolverine suppressor yet, and now it’s going to be f***ing impossible to find that silver bear subsonic to feed it. I bought a mold to cast my own heavy commie projectiles, so I guess I just need to keep my fingers crossed that the bullet weight/suppressor combo works out as well as I hope.

Anyone know how that Rio shotgun ammunition is? Specifically, the 2 3/4 #4 buckshot. Thanks.

Oh, if it goes on sale, anybody want to split a case maybe 2/3/4 ways?

Copper hollow points. Better buy a case soon. 11cpr
These are NOT copper bullets! They are "copper plated". Just a friendly FYI.

99+ cases of Wolf 7.62x39 sold out in about 3 hours at $459.54 (PRIME) $499.50 (Non-PRIME)

That's pretty quick for 50 cents a round after tax and insurance...

I'm sure resellers are on the prowl.

99+ cases of Wolf 7.62x39 sold out in about 3 hours at $459.54 (PRIME) $499.50 (Non-PRIME)

I wonder if the HP’s and SP’s will be priced higher. 8M3? Certainly a rarity.

Gross. That’s more than I’m willing to pay for steel cased...I guess that means I’m priced out for now.

Gross. That’s more than I’m willing to pay for steel cased...I guess that means I’m priced out for now.
Yeah. Price hunting will be key. Also maybe Tula for day-to-day shooting and saving your better stuff in reserve...

There is also a new 8v3 7.62x39, but I'm not sure we'll see any of it anytime soon...

Those Mosin/PSL guys better purchase all the x54R they can find. Literally, all of it.
Thats the plan. Unfortunately I'm late to the party, but next "fair" deal i see im getting all I can. Got some barnaul heavyball being delivered today that ordered before everything last week. Obviously didn't get nearly enough now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom