Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

I know this goes against the thread’s Rules Nazi, but make sure you sign up at Larry’s establishment. They sent me a birthday promo and i landed 1/2 a case of 556 at .42ea.

We’re getting there...

Thank you! I had no idea Larry was so generous at your Birthday. 9mm @ 30cpr. I think I might pass out. 🙂

It's a real possibility that 9mm could be 20 cents by August. It's beginning of june and 40cpr is easily found. I saw Wolf x39 for 35cpr today just by briefly searching. Hopefully this momentum continues. What Im really waiting for is Wolf 308 back to 38 cents.

No, it’s not. There is no way in hell even steel case 9 will hit 20 cpr by the end of the year.

Even sig who is the cheapest brass, when they sell it is 36 cpr.... They can literally sell everything they put out.

I know this goes against the thread’s Rules Nazi, but make sure you sign up at Larry’s establishment. They sent me a birthday promo and i landed 1/2 a case of 556 at .42ea.

We’re getting there...
My birthday is listed under my profile, and it's coming up later this month. Do I have to sign up someplace specifically to get the promo?
Thanks for telling us about this!

No, it’s not. There is no way in hell even steel case 9 will hit 20 cpr by the end of the year.

Even sig who is the cheapest brass, when they sell it is 36 cpr.... They can literally sell everything they put out.
With what the AFT is going to do with pistols braces and the amount of media coverage for shootings I think we may get a little more pressure on guns/ammo pricing notwithstanding the inflationary pressures. I am surprised the prices are dropping with supply increasing and those aforementioned matters above. Midterms will be the big elephant. Right now the dems don’t have any meaningful way to address any 2A restrictions unless Old Joe does an EO but that won’t hold any water at all, hence the reason he hasn’t done it yet.

It's a real possibility that 9mm could be 20 cents by August. It's beginning of june and 40cpr is easily found. I saw Wolf x39 for 35cpr today just by briefly searching. Hopefully this momentum continues. What Im really waiting for is Wolf 308 back to 38 cents.
For 9mm to get to 20cpr, x39 would have to get to 10cpr. It would be awesome if so but highly unlikely. I’m hoping I’m wrong.

For 9mm to get to 20cpr, x39 would have to get to 10cpr. It would be awesome if so but highly unlikely. I’m hoping I’m wrong.

not following this math

in 2019 I was buying quality brass cased 9mm (eg blazer) for $180 a case. 7.62x39 steel case was never below $200 per case, usually around $250. these are very different consumer bases and no reason they would hold any type of fixed ratio of pricing. With pandemic all the hipsters, moms and limpwristers wanted 9mm this driving price through the roof. No such occurred with 7.62x39 as the consumers of this cartridge are salty and been around the block. I’ve been buying cases of barnaul and vympel corrosive for $300 per 1000 throughout the pandemic. I loved this cartridge before the coof and now I’m just glad the 9mm limpwristers arent buying AKs.

ammo prices will continue to fall. I suspect they will be back to 2019 prices by the end of this year, in large part due to all the morons, limpwristers, moms, etc who “stocked up” at rape prices and are no longer in the market. Same w rifles and handguns. gun Shops around here are again stocked with black rifles and AKs nobody is buying. We are also seeing a huge disconnect between online and retail sales, again w the morons willing to drop $$$ online but not in a shop. Same phenomenon with online sales in other industries.

MA is it’s own F’ed up firearms market obviously different from the rest of the US. Ammo will likely stay pricey there due to more limited supply.

Last edited:
not following this math

in 2019 I was buying quality brass cased 9mm (eg blazer) for $180 a case. 7.62x39 steel case was never below $200 per case, usually around $250. these are very different consumer bases and no reason they would hold any type of fixed ratio of pricing. With pandemic all the hipsters, moms and limpwristers wanted 9mm this driving price through the roof. No such occurred with 7.62x39 as the consumers of this cartridge are salty and been around the block. I’ve been buying cases of barnaul and vympel corrosive for $300 per 1000 throughout the pandemic. I loved this cartridge before the coof and now I’m just glad the 9mm limpwristers arent buying AKs.
It’s certainly a different stage we are in with the amount of hipsters, moms and limpwristers who still want nine. I’m pretty salty and I was buying cases of x39 for as low as 150 bucks, sitting on a lot of it. I’m just speculating about where prices will end up now wrt to that particular rifle caliber and the masses wanting 9mm. Any x39 platform is now well out of the price range for the masses to buy. The math is fuzzy of course as no one can really tell with certainty. Even Mak90’s are like $1500+. SKS’s still at $800 for a nice one.

Where are u buying cases of x39 for $150
going to (kindly) call BS on that

cheapest 7.62x39 I’ve ever seen was from Keith at 619 DW, as I believe he imported the GT directly. He was selling at $200 or so but never anywhere near $150. Cheapest I ever purchased from TS was $220.

Mea culpa it was $174 Vympel GT at 619DW. You can call them and ask. That was last year spring and before. Not after.

Eta: I believe it was a small window and the very reason I walked out with a few cases at that time. God bless them.

Last edited:

cheapest 7.62x39 I’ve ever seen was from Keith at 619 DW, as I believe he imported the GT directly. He was selling at $200 or so but never anywhere near $150. Cheapest I ever purchased from TS was $220.
I was also getting x39 from TS for $194 no tax before they capitulated on Ma tax.

ETA: sry it was $201 no tax from TS for Wolf in 1/19.

Last edited:
not following this math

ammo prices will continue to fall. I suspect they will be back to 2019 prices by the end of this year, in large part due to all the morons, limpwristers, moms, etc who “stocked up” at rape prices and are no longer in the market. Same w rifles and handguns. gun Shops around here are again stocked with black rifles and AKs nobody is buying. We are also seeing a huge disconnect between online and retail sales, again w the morons willing to drop $$$ online but not in a shop. Same phenomenon with online sales in other industries.

MA is it’s own F’ed up firearms market obviously different from the rest of the US. Ammo will likely stay pricey there due to more limited supply.
Also I was buying and mag dumping Blazer by the case for $156 so it just happens to be that I was getting it cheaper than you.

My birthday is listed under my profile, and it's coming up later this month. Do I have to sign up someplace specifically to get the promo?
RULES!!!!!!!!
Target Sports USA ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's been a while, I think you automatically get birthday pricing when you log in. Only on certain items, usually nothing that I want. I find it interesting that ammo is discounted for birthday pricing. Good for Larry.

They give you the sale period for 1 purchase 14 days around your birthday (starts a week before, ends the week after).

I got a $76 sba3

They give you the sale period for 1 purchase 14 days around your birthday (starts a week before, ends the week after).

I got a $76 sba3
Smart man since AFT is trying to take your brace. You won’t let them have it will you? 😁

RULES!!!!!!!!
Target Sports USA ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's been a while, I think you automatically get birthday pricing when you log in. Only on certain items, usually nothing that I want. I find it interesting that ammo is discounted for birthday pricing. Good for Larry.

I actually couldn’t find a product that DIDNT have a birthday discount on. It almost felt sitewide. When I found out the ammo had the saving as well, I almost crapped myself.

I actually couldn’t find a product that DIDNT have a birthday discount on. It almost felt sitewide. When I found out the ammo had the saving as well, I almost crapped myself.
What kinda of deals do they give on Bdays? I never got a notification last year about it but maybe an email snuck by me.

What kinda of deals do they give on Bdays? I never got a notification last year about it but maybe an email snuck by me.

IMI 556, .62 a round for .42.
Flash can $34, for $17

And a couple other things at minute discounts compared to the ammo and can.

I looked at a lot of stuff but didn’t want to blow my wad on superfluous stuff. The birthday price was on most.

It’s certainly a different stage we are in with the amount of hipsters, moms and limpwristers who still want nine. I’m pretty salty and I was buying cases of x39 for as low as 150 bucks, sitting on a lot of it. I’m just speculating about where prices will end up now wrt to that particular rifle caliber and the masses wanting 9mm. Any x39 platform is now well out of the price range for the masses to buy. The math is fuzzy of course as no one can really tell with certainty. Even Mak90’s are like $1500+. SKS’s still at $800 for a nice one.

You know I was reading what you posted until the 3rd word of the second sentence.

You referred to yourself as "salty".

I then stopped reading because everything after that was negated by that one little word. [smile]

Back
Top Bottom