Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

So how are you guys that were buying ammo 2-3 years ago able to wrap your brain around these astronomical prices? Ive had an ammo budget in the past so I guess I could look at it as dollar cost averaging but still cant pull the trigger on 7 cent primers or whatever 9mm and 223 is going for. (I stopped even looking tbh)

I get new people who have nothing or next to it having to pay whatever to get something. What about the guys who've been tucking some away for years? Are those guys paying 3-4x what you were for the same stuff a year and a half ago? I cant seem to make myself do it.
as of .223 and 9mm - i just shoot it now way less than before. usual routine now, i go over 5-7 mags or so of .22lr rounds, then do a couple 9mm mags only not to lose the sense of the grip and recoil. a beginning of the first mag after shooting .22lr usually not great, and second one returns to where it should be. i am almost out of old cheap (35cpr or so) 9mm steel and do not even want to touch 2 .50cal cans of 124gr brass. just gonna plink with .22lr, that`s it. and that is why i got that cz 457 as well. i was never a big fan of .22lr, but, it is better than nothing.
a $100 for 500rd ammo pack i still can afford. a $500 - not really.

So how are you guys that were buying ammo 2-3 years ago able to wrap your brain around these astronomical prices? Ive had an ammo budget in the past so I guess I could look at it as dollar cost averaging but still cant pull the trigger on 7 cent primers or whatever 9mm and 223 is going for. (I stopped even looking tbh)

I get new people who have nothing or next to it having to pay whatever to get something. What about the guys who've been tucking some away for years? Are those guys paying 3-4x what you were for the same stuff a year and a half ago? I cant seem to make myself do it.

I stopped participating and am simply using my stockpile. Will then resupply in bulk when prices come back to non rape level

I think everyone has to wrap there brain around it as a slightly new reality with either A) a higher low for ammo when and if it does become more affordable to stock up more and B) sitting on their stash they got during Sandy Hook/Trump slump and not shooting at all; maybe just dry firing in their basement. I didn’t stock up at SH but I did go in hardcore during Trump Slump. I still buy a little here and there just because I can. Time is money and I don’t reload. Yet.

I just got this at .55 a round. Note that is better than that ridiculous Phoenix drop the other day....

Yea I had a similar issue. I love giving smaller business my money and they obviously didnt need my support due to how quickly it sold out but yea I wont be even looking at their drops for 9mm again.

Yea I had a similar issue. I love giving smaller business my money and they obviously didnt need my support due to how quickly it sold out but yea I wont be even looking at their drops for 9mm again.
TargetSports seems to actually have a cart lock - or at least I think it does. Since I was actually able to check out this time!

TargetSports seems to actually have a cart lock - or at least I think it does. Since I was actually able to check out this time!
Typically once you get the ammo in your cart and it process to the submit order you get it but you have to click quick from cart to purchase otherwise they will rip it from you cart. The worst is when you try and get multiple boxes and they keep reducing quantity until its sold out its like wtf just give me what you can automatically!

Typically once you get the ammo in your cart and it process to the submit order you get it but you have to click quick from cart to purchase otherwise they will rip it from you cart. The worst is when you try and get multiple boxes and they keep reducing quantity until its sold out its like wtf just give me what you can automatically!
I've had cart contents disappear multiple times.

Having it *in* your cart means nothing until you've checked out (completely I think, not just started the process).

it is a 60cpr for non-prime, plus tax and then plus shipping. a result price is a bit retarded.
Well if buying a case then its free shipping (for non-prime). But prime members still pay sales tax so does it work out to be about 58 cpr?

how?

they are taking the funds for the items sold. so they have that processed. they are holding the items on a shelf until a period of time or you pay for shipping. Not like they don’t have the room right now. I know of at least one retailer that will hold your i stock paid for items. and as backordered items come in. they will charge you for those items until your whole order is in or you tell them to ship.
You have shit in a warehouse taking up space that's sold. You're basically asking for the vendor to get into a logistics based extension cord mess so you can skinflint a few bucks on shipping? Lmao.

Back
Top Bottom