Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

yea same here 9mm, .40sw, 10mm or .45acp, anything under 60cpr or under for fmj pistol ammo I'm on it right now, I have a feeling things are only gonna get worse and you know they are gonna go after online ammo sales. I've also been snagging some carry ammo here and there and a some various rifle, pistol, and shotgun ammo as the budget allows. I try to spread the $$ out, not put all my eggs in one basket. I have pretty good stock of everything but if things stay like they are or they pass a bill about online ammo sales I'd like to have enough not to worry about it.

Just got an in-stock notification that Larry has 9mm Underwood self defense at $1.45/rd, limit 3 boxes of 20.

this is the good stuff. Solid copper, 90 grain. Not JHP. Similar to Black Hills honey badger

It’s just my experience but when it comes to notifications the best way is to set a notification for a very specific brand rather than the actual caliber. I’ve met the love of my life that way 😍 8M3. Also snagged the Apex carry rounds on a few occasions that way too. I’ve gotten a text notification for every specific brand that is set up thus far. It’s usually 2-3 mins after it posts but that is very slow nowadays wrt the chum that the sharks like the best.

Picked up a 500rd case of 300blk online for $1/rd. More than I was hoping to pay, but it’s the same price as my local shop that still sells 9mm at $0.26-0.29/rd. Now I can try out my new pistol build.

For sure! I just went to Cape Gun Works this afternoon and most of their ammo was reserved for their range. It's online or nothing, which makes that proposed legislation about banning online ammo sales pretty scary!
If you are a member...they release some for us, with an email heads up... It's been fair prices...around $32/50 but two box limit.

When they have 45 I grab my two....

Last edited:
I wonder if that’s actually true considering cabelas has 9 for 30cpr. ?
Ask yourself, is Cabela's taking a loss on selling what little ammo they have? f*** no. I know someone that works for one of the big manufacturers and let me tell you, their prices haven't doubled or tripled. If you think TSUSA doesn't have massive buying power and has to pay PREMIUM prices you're on glue. Hell they have their own "brand" from S&B, you think they're paying .50 a round to sell for .60? LOL no. I don't blame them though, if people will pay it why not make the most money you can, never know when politics will shut you down etc. I'm just one of those people that will not pay it.

You guys sufffer from lack of creativity. I've been able to score >5k rounds of 9mm since March with only
current pricing or slightly better. Why even bother driving to store after store just to grab 2x 50rnd boxes?

A1anfTb.jpg

🐯

Last edited:
You guys sufffer from lack of creativity. I've been able to score >5k rounds of 9mm since March with only
current pricing or slightly better. Why even bother driving to store after store just to grab 2x 50rnd boxes?

Wait, scoring 5,000 rounds at these market rates should be considered a success? bhahah... that sounds like a catastrophe to me. Why would you choose to maximize your stockpile during the most expensive ammo price scheme I've ever witnessed during my lifetime?

The winners are the ones who were already prepared, as these shortages are cyclical based on the political winds of change.

Perhaps we should note that the reason these prices are so high is because everyone feels the need to keep buying as much as they can which thus keeps prices high. It's a self fulfilling circle jerk that would end the second everyone realized they're the problem.

Wait, scoring 5,000 rounds at these market rates should be considered a success? bhahah... that sounds like a catastrophe to me. Why would you choose to maximize your stockpile during the most expensive ammo price scheme I've ever witnessed during my lifetime?

The winners are the ones who were already prepared, as these shortages are cyclical based on the political winds of change.

Perhaps we should note that the reason these prices are so high is because everyone feels the need to keep buying as much as they can which thus keeps prices high. It's a self fulfilling circle jerk that would end the second everyone realized they're the problem.
I wonder if you can apply your same logic to everything else that has risen in price? Are people panic buying lumber? How about trampolines? Pelotons? Anything else that we consume? We are certainly not in 3/20 anymore and notwithstanding supply chain disruptions there are big time inflationary pressures that your Fed refuses to acknowledge. I agree panic buying does play a role but when the dust settles barring any meaningful restriction on ammo whether taxes or not, do you really think we’ll see a brick of Blazer 9mm for $7.99 again? I was buying a lot at those prices but I don’t believe we will see that ever again.

I wonder if you can apply your same logic to everything else that has risen in price? Are people panic buying lumber? How about trampolines? Pelotons? Anything else that we consume? We are certainly not in 3/20 anymore and notwithstanding supply chain disruptions there are big time inflationary pressures that your Fed refuses to acknowledge. I agree panic buying does play a role but when the dust settles barring any meaningful restriction on ammo whether taxes or not, do you really think we’ll see a brick of Blazer 9mm for $7.99 again? I was buying a lot at those prices but I don’t believe we will see that ever again.

Yes I can. I'm sitting on architectural plans to redo the kitchen because the prices are too high. This also is a false equivalency as while I'm paying cash, most people use debt to finance home improvements & thus much of this is driven by rock bottom interest rates. Also, I wouldn't pay for a Peloton if it was temporarily marked up either.

Thanks for confirming my point.

Nonsense, this is always cyclical & either supply permanently increases to a new baseline or demand returns down to a normal level, or both happen. These prices are not permanent & to think so defies logic. The bozos & price gougers buying every single round they can are driving much of this.

Yes I can. I'm sitting on architectural plans to redo the kitchen because the prices are too high. This also is a false equivalency as while I'm paying cash, most people use debt to finance home improvements & thus much of this is driven by rock bottom interest rates. Also, I wouldn't pay for a Peloton if it was temporarily marked up either.

Thanks for confirming my point.

Nonsense, this is always cyclical & either supply permanently increases to a new baseline or demand returns down to a normal level, or both happen. These prices are not permanent & to think so defies logic. The bozos & price gougers buying every single round they can are driving much of this.
I pay cash for pretty much everything except for cars and major purchases. You are applying a simple solution to a very complex problem. Rather than get into a debate outside the scope of this thread let’s just wait and see. One of us will be wrong and I’m hoping we don’t see our purchasing power destroyed but I’m afraid the damage is done.

One other consideration might be that some of us (I for one) have never experienced ammo prices this low(!). I'm not trying to be funny here. My wife and I obtained our first firearms late last year (9mm pistols). Before I knew anything about TSUSA, we tried to obtain ammo for range use from local stores. We found our options to be either no ammo available at all, or prices at 80-90cpr with 1 or 2 box limits. I found lots of 9mm available on-line, but at >$1.00/round, and websites all showing that they couldn't ship to MA. This resulted in weeks where I had NO ammo and couldn't take my new "toys" to the range at all.

Finding this list was a revelation, and finding TSUSA that sometimes had ammo for less than 70cpr AND they could ship to me "opened the door" to my actually being able to spend some time at the range practicing. I've been frequenting this and a few other sites recently looking for "deals", and have managed to find 9mm at 49cpr, and 45acp at 46cpr. At these "unbelievably low prices" (again, in the totality of my personal experience), yes, I've laid out large sums for cases of ammo. I HOPE prices return to the levels the more experienced members talk about, but I also suspect that they may not.

Congratulations to those of you who were smart enough or lucky enough to stockpile your supplies at really good prices. I'm just saying that (unfortunately), for some of us, the prices we are occasionally finding now (and which are ridiculously high in comparison to what some of you have paid in the past) ARE really good prices for us right now. The option is to not shoot, and thankfully I don't have to go that direction at the moment.

Thanks again to the members of this list who have made this possible for me!

So how did that installation of the multi-thousand gallon gas tank in the front yard go? You didn't? Or are you holding out till gas is back to $0.25 a gallon? or do you deal with the current (and possibly temporary (gas is up $0.70/gal since the crazies stole the election)) pricing?

While you're roasting me, what would a new (11/2020) LTC holder do if his aim was to protect himself and family?
No, I don't have the luxury of being in this game for years and sitting on a stockpile. The money is less important than having the product (and between IDPA and USP and other practices, I'm shooting 400-500 rounds per week) than
practicing and improving my skills (priority #1). It's a value vs. need proposition. Your mileage may vary.

One other consideration might be that some of us (I for one) have never experienced ammo prices this low(!). I'm not trying to be funny here. My wife and I obtained our first firearms late last year (9mm pistols). Before I knew anything about TSUSA, we tried to obtain ammo for range use from local stores. We found our options to be either no ammo available at all, or prices at 80-90cpr with 1 or 2 box limits. I found lots of 9mm available on-line, but at >$1.00/round, and websites all showing that they couldn't ship to MA. This resulted in weeks where I had NO ammo and couldn't take my new "toys" to the range at all.

Finding this list was a revelation, and finding TSUSA that sometimes had ammo for less than 70cpr AND they could ship to me "opened the door" to my actually being able to spend some time at the range practicing. I've been frequenting this and a few other sites recently looking for "deals", and have managed to find 9mm at 49cpr, and 45acp at 46cpr. At these "unbelievably low prices" (again, in the totality of my personal experience), yes, I've laid out large sums for cases of ammo. I HOPE prices return to the levels the more experienced members talk about, but I also suspect that they may not.

Congratulations to those of you who were smart enough or lucky enough to stockpile your supplies at really good prices. I'm just saying that (unfortunately), for some of us, the prices we are occasionally finding now (and which are ridiculously high in comparison to what some of you have paid in the past) ARE really good prices for us right now. The option is to not shoot, and thankfully I don't have to go that direction at the moment.

Thanks again to the members of this list who have made this possible for me!

Completely agree, new permit/firearms owner late last year. I track my purchases and cringe at my initial ammo purchases. TSUSA didn't have anything I needed at that time, only online place that did was pricey. Then I found NES and got some good deals and a helping hand from the community.

Wish I had acted sooner but can't go back in time.

I pay cash for pretty much everything except for cars and major purchases. You are applying a simple solution to a very complex problem. Rather than get into a debate outside the scope of this thread let’s just wait and see. One of us will be wrong and I’m hoping we don’t see our purchasing power destroyed but I’m afraid the damage is done.

It's not a complex problem, it's literally the most basic concept you learn on the first day of economics class: supply v. demand.

Happy to see where it lands when bozos stop panic buying.

It's not a complex problem, it's literally the most basic concept you learn on the first day of economics class: supply v. demand.

Happy to see where it lands when bozos stop panic buying.
I gotta firmly disagree that increased pricing of commodities are simply S&D related. Don’t forget the elephants in the room like M2, 2% targets, etc, etc, etc.

I gotta firmly disagree that increased pricing of commodities are simply S&D related. Don’t forget the elephants in the room like M2, 2% targets, etc, etc, etc.

I'm talking about bullets, not sure why you're talking about anything other than bullets. Great, the money supply went up, don't care. Bullets cost more because people are panic buying every round they can. Sure there are also a ton of new gun owners, but they're not the sole problem.

As is the case with all things, this too shall pass. When? The f*** knows. This is as basic supply v. demand as you can get. They have never been making more ammo in the history of this country than right now... demand has simply skyrocketed.

I remember a lot of posts where people were saying they were going to let their membership expire. I wonder how many did. I don't shoot a lot and know what I have will last me a 2 or 3 years anyway so I don't plan on buying until things settle back down. Hopefully eventually it will get back to under 20 a box for fmj but every seller knows what people will pay and that could be a problem that will keep prices high forever. Gov doesn't need to do anything as far as taxes because a lot of people just won't be able to afford to shoot at this rate. (do I buy ammo or pay bills?) We're pricing it right out of range now ourselves.

Dude some people simply shoot, compete, and train too much to have a stockpile that will cover their normal use. Yea, I can store enough hunting ammo or.22lr to cover me for a while, but 12ga, 5.56, and 9mm? Hell no, I'd literally need pallets of ammo to get me through an election cycle. I shoot almost every week, I train a lot, and yes I reload, but I only have so much time and some components aren't easy to find right now either. Yea I have a stash for shtf or go time, but besides that I just don't have enough space to store enough ammo to be able to go 4 yrs or 8 years without buying some, and I'm not gonna stop training or practicing just because ammo is more expensive.

Briefly had 22LR Hollow Points (scored one box) and 5.56 NATO 62gr and 55gr but those were gone instantly...

Has been there for a few minutes...

Dude some people simply shoot, compete, and train too much to have a stockpile that will cover their normal use. Yea, I can store enough hunting ammo or.22lr to cover me for a while, but 12ga, 5.56, and 9mm? Hell no, I'd literally need pallets of ammo to get me through an election cycle. I shoot almost every week, I train a lot, and yes I reload, but I only have so much time and some components aren't easy to find right now either. Yea I have a stash for shtf or go time, but besides that I just don't have enough space to store enough ammo to be able to go 4 yrs or 8 years without buying some, and I'm not gonna stop training or practicing just because ammo is more expensive.

Super... your situation doesn't have any resemblance to the bloke whom my comment was addressed to. He was bragging about building a stockpile at these current market prices.

Carry on.

Um, actually, that is very similar to my situation.

My *only* point is that all the people who are saying it can't be found or upwards of even more $$ PPR, it's out there. My time is much more valuable than
driving to Cabela's or Bass on a fairy dust hunt.

Carry on.

Back
Top Bottom