Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

I feel getting into new calibers makes sense right now, you can shoot more random things that come in stock rather than just a couple calibers. Especially if its from one of the places closer to more normal pricing

I feel getting into new calibers makes sense right now, you can shoot more random things that come in stock rather than just a couple calibers. Especially if its from one of the places closer to more normal pricing

This is true of many...but unfortunately my choices of .357sig and 35 Rem have proven to be costly

I made the mistake of getting in to not 1, but 2 new calibers during all this. I’m doing fine with the .308, but 10mm is proving to be far more elusive.
Smart? No.
Did I finally have a surplus of funds starting only 6 months ago? Yup.

I regret nothing!
Such is life.

What 10mm you get??

I made the mistake of getting in to not 1, but 2 new calibers during all this. I’m doing fine with the .308, but 10mm is proving to be far more elusive.
Smart? No.

I regret nothing!
Such is life.

actually CMP has some 10mm if you don’t mind waiting 2-3 months to get it.

Smart? No.

I regret nothing!
Such is life.
Really? I've seen seeing so much 10mm. In store and online. Bass Pro had them show up on the regular up until last month.

What 10mm you get??

I’m rescuing (assuming everything works out, pick it up Wednesday) the Kimber Eclipse that had been posted in the classifieds since September.
I know they have a love/hate following, but $900 for the gun and 100 rds. of ammo was too enticing to pass up. A 10mm 1911 was on the short list and $900 is far more my price range compared to what something like TRP operator goes for.

We shall see.

I hope it’s ok to talk about, the ad was public knowledge.

I’m rescuing (assuming everything works out, pick it up Wednesday) the Kimber Eclipse that had been posted in the classifieds since September.
I know they have a love/hate following, but $900 for the gun and 100 rds. of ammo was too enticing to pass up. A 10mm 1911 was on the short list and $900 is far more my price range compared to what something like TRP operator goes for.

We shall see.

I hope it’s ok to talk about, the ad was public knowledge.

LOL yea I am glad you decided to buy I was going to scoop it up! I dont need another 10mm handgun but the kimber eclipse is a great gun id take it over the TRP personally.

Really? I've seen seeing so much 10mm. In store and online. Bass Pro had them show up on the regular up until last month.

Wow I have tried hitting up bass pro and cabelas and nothing 10mm. Target Sports has it pop up but target ammo is now like $800/1000

I luckily though have a bunch and a ton of 10mm JHP so I should be set for a while.

It sounds like it’s worth it. I haven’t signed up yet but I think I will with my next order.

It’s 50/50 now. It’s worth it for someone like me who doesn’t typically buy by the case.
3 boxes of HP’s here, 8 boxes of .308 there, some rando 9mm that I’ll try but not commit a full case to. The free shipping has paid for itself twice over, especially now. The flip side is actually catching anything while it’s in stock. Many aren’t renewing memberships because the options and quantities are so limited. I have a few months to decide.

Just some food for thought.

I have been looking for some 262 mod-1 as well. I stacked a few cases of IMI 77gr razorcore while I was looking. Have you done any testing with that vs the BH 262 mod-1? I see the IMI popping up occasionally. Curious peoples thoughts.

Ya, similar results.

Really the same thing.

I have a bunch of IMI as well.. I just want a sealed case of Black Hills. [smile]

The Sig 77gr .223 is just as good, with me at least.

I tried as much as I could to take myself out of the equation by using Caldwell rests and all of them performed great.

I was able to get a case of BH mk262 about a month ago, but the price scared me and I sold it to my BFF.

Now I want it back lol

Whats the trick here guys, Im mainly looking for .223, 45 and 9mm but I havent been able to catch it on Target Sports. I manually went through every product and clicked notify, but not once have I been notified. Are they adding new products that wont send me notifications? Is there a time I should be checking. I feel like its a lost cause since its gone in seconds.

Whats the trick here guys, Im mainly looking for .223, 45 and 9mm but I havent been able to catch it on Target Sports. I manually went through every product and clicked notify, but not once have I been notified. Are they adding new products that wont send me notifications? Is there a time I should be checking. I feel like its a lost cause since its gone in seconds.
This thread will give you a notification faster than TS notify, but you have to be sitting here ready to order.

I'm holding off renewing my prime for a few weeks because I know I wont have time at work to be checking

I find when I have the time to sit and watch if I split screen NES and TSUSA I have been able to grab a few things , even having everything open and credit cards all preloaded I miss 2 outta 5 times Bots and younger fingers beat me . Got some .22, 9mm and 12 guage in the last couple times I stayed in front of the screen more than a couple hours.

I find when I have the time to sit and watch if I split screen NES and TSUSA I have been able to grab a few things , even having everything open and credit cards all preloaded I miss 2 outta 5 times Bots and younger fingers beat me .
Yup. That's basically my method. Email alerts from this thread, tsusa lined up, logged in, with an alerting auto refresh script running on a 30-90 second interval. In the past month, I've scored 5k rounds of 9mm, 1k of 45, 1250 shotgun (mix of steel target, buck, and slugs), plus several boxes of each caliber of self defense ammo. All of this was for friends, I've kept a box of steel target shot and a couple boxes of SD ammo. If you've got a job that doesn't let you keep tabs on a computer, you'll have to rely on someone who can.

It’s 50/50 now. It’s worth it for someone like me who doesn’t typically buy by the case.
3 boxes of HP’s here, 8 boxes of .308 there, some rando 9mm that I’ll try but not commit a full case to. The free shipping has paid for itself twice over, especially now. The flip side is actually catching anything while it’s in stock. Many aren’t renewing memberships because the options and quantities are so limited. I have a few months to decide.

Just some food for thought.
I joined that club of not renewing this year, I’ll wait until I can actually use it to sign up again, I haven’t bought anything less than a case for myself in probably a year...

I deleted it because I wasn’t sure if that was the same exact ammo. It didn’t say Mod 1 etc

Thanks, it was the same. Mod 1 is the cannelure( I think)

At that price I will probably be happy with what I have.. I think the price when it becomes avail through more volume dealers, it will be around 1.75 a round.

Back
Top Bottom