Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

I'm praying that IF these proposed gun and ammo taxes pass, that the SCOTUS pushes back. Unfortunately, the way States and municipalities have actively ignored Heller and McDonald case law decisions, I don't know.

Larry leads the way, from Mid to USA. Almost same last name as Harry, but Quidditch he does not play.
he also sells SRO 2.5moa for $549, which is cheaper than it was on amazon. i was looking for one with no tax, but then decided to support him, heck with tax.

Just noticed that Larry has changed all of his non-specialty 556/223 ammo to $0.85 cpr. Seems that is going to be their new norm.
they follow gunbroker on that.
in my mind anything above $0.60cpr is a no go, but, some may need it. i gonna wait a month or 2 now to see if it will start receding, who knows.

Last time manufacturers ramped up production, this time they will too
The machines they have are basically maxxed out. I also read they don't want to setup new machines because last time they ended up with too much capacity after the scare was over. Legit concern, but a good business understands they could still capitalize on extra production capacity even without a scare driving sales. Just rent time to smaller manufacturers that want to produce artisnal bullet selections mated to hand picked gunpowder for $3 a bullet for 308.you see this happen in basically all manufacturering when they have excess capacity, hell that's literally alibabas backbone. Why ammo makers don't see this... Who knows. Probably too long spent resting on laurels.

The machines they have are basically maxxed out.
i personally think it is BS as tula keeps pumping out its ammo as the same rate as always and, somehow, it is the only one that gets available on some predictable intervals.
but, who knows.

ALSO - based on the PSA and some other sites, it probably will show up at target and larry too today - Tula steel 9mm at 60cpr

Last edited:
Larry P - .70pr

Winchester USA Forged Ammunition 9mm Luger 115 Grain Full Metal Jacket Steel Case​

• Product #: 325073
  • Manufacturer #: WIN9SV
  • UPC #: 020892224155
Winchester USA Forged Ammunition 9mm Luger 115 Grain Full Metal Jacket Steel Case

Our Price:
$349.99
I don't care what the market is, I wouldn't buy that sh*t again. Dirty, fed like sh*t as well. My daughters carbine, which never jammed once no matter what she fed it, wouldn't cycle that crap. Let the flippers get stuck with it.

Last time manufacturers ramped up production, this time they will too.

The machines they have are basically maxxed out.
These are good points to expound on. As I recall in 2008 and 2011, ammo production was at full push.

I also recall quality dropping quite a bit too. I remember opening up Winchester White Boxes of .45acp and routinely finding projos that rolled the case mouth over, or had the wrong
Overall Case Length. Primers not being fully inserted into the primer pocket were also seen.

Be wise and inspect your ammo upon receiving it; and if you can't be bothered by that, at least inspect it before inserting it into a magazine or cylinder... or firearm.

Don't destroy a nice gun, a nice eye or a nice finger...

"Billions of rounds means thousands of failures..." ~Enbloc

If you shoot enough, you are bound to run across Bad Ammo...
1611681999345.png1611682028771.png
1611682064421.png1611682107698.png
1611682149374.png1611682188709.png
1611682847272.png

The truly dangerous ones are the ones that look 'normal' but either have a double-load or no powder at all...

Last edited:
I don't care what the market is, I wouldn't buy that sh*t again. Dirty, fed like sh*t as well. My daughters carbine, which never jammed once no matter what she fed it, wouldn't cycle that crap. Let the flippers get stuck with it.
i think it would make sense to create some sticky thread with reviews like that.
so far i knew of one kind of ammo to definitely avoid - turkish 'venom 115gr.'. this is going to be a second one, it seems.
venom - below. has cases/bullets that get stuck solid in the barrel.
1611681832738.png

Agree with ya, dirty casings and grit all over. Wouldn't use that stuff in any of my guns

i think it would make sense to create some sticky thread with reviews like that.
so far i knew of one kind of ammo to definitely avoid - turkish 'venom 115gr.'. this is going to be a second one, it seems.
View attachment 441502
If you look closely at that picture, the lying down round has a crooked bullet. 🤣

View attachment 441502

Similar reason why I stay away from Armscor as well. Total crap.

I'm going to go ask my neighbor Larry with the Biden lawn sign if he's "the guy" to talk to about ammo. If anyone has any ideas what I can say to the SWAT team that he's bound to call, let me know, my dog's life depends on it.

I'm going to go ask my neighbor Larry with the Biden lawn sign if he's "the guy" to talk to about ammo. If anyone has any ideas what I can say to the SWAT team that he's bound to call, let me know, my dog's life depends on it.
I have some frizzy grey haired lesbian neighbors that’ve had a ‘not my President’ sign in their front yard for 4 yrs, was thinking of asking if they’re done with it, if I could use it now.

Back
Top Bottom