Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Rec'd a case of 45 this morning from a site that sells lots of guns and parts but little ammo (though they always seem to have some in stock, albeit for $$$). It took a week and a half to get here and the box was pretty smashed up. We can talk shit about TS but they do some things very right.

more taxes and the manufacture of ammo and the sale of ammo is most likely coming. Not to mention that we'll probably see some manufacturers leave once they start to get sued more often.

I don't think we're at the peak of ammo prices, but I also don't think we'll forever set at these high prices. I think we'll come down a bit, but never get back to under .20 cpr for 9mm.
People said the same thing after Sandy Hook but then we were buying 9mm for like $8 a box. Prices will come down unless Sniffy and Kneepads interfere, which they might.

It's really not that different. In both cases there's rush panic buying due to a risk of new legislature. Last time there didn't end up being any new legislature, this time we'll see. Last time manufacturers ramped up production, this time they will too.

more taxes and the manufacture of ammo and the sale of ammo is most likely coming. Not to mention that we'll probably see some manufacturers leave once they start to get sued more often.

Everyone says this based on conservative knitting circle garbage, but I'll believe it when I actually see it. A tax actually has to get passed by congress. If you guys think the gun mafia
is going to stay silent while that shits being drafted... just lol.

I don't think we're at the peak of ammo prices, but I also don't think we'll forever set at these high prices. I think we'll come down a bit, but never get back to under .20 cpr for 9mm.

I don't think that's ever happening again, frankly. Even the non rape, wholesale dock price of 9mm right before the rona lockdown was announced" was already past 20 CPR... we would be very lucky, IMHO, to see it settle out at even 40-50 in the next 2 years depending on political BS. Mostly dependent on how much fear and other BS this stuff generates. I don't think there will be a path to recovery though until biden "blows his load" on gun control, or someone like Pelosi comes out and says "how about no" (without actually saying it, like shes done the last like 5 times an AWB etc got pushed by someone. )

It's really not that different. In both cases there's rush panic buying due to a risk of new legislature. Last time there didn't end up being any new legislature, this time we'll see. Last time manufacturers ramped up production, this time they will too.
You can’t forget the elephant in the room kalash. The world economy is on a precipice and the dollar on its last days.

You can’t forget the elephant in the room kalash. The world economy is on a precipice and the dollar on its last days.
At this point you're talking about general inflation because the feds keep on printing money, not high ammo prices specifically. I bet back in 1980 9mm was like 2cpr but that's hardly relevant.

The town my cottage is in charges us taxes on the estimated value of the contents. Including firearms and ammo in that estimate wouldn't be too difficult and could be done at the town level.
Your town can see your land and your cottage. Unless they have auditors walking thorough opening drawers, they're not going to have any idea how much you have.

Unless of course, you have so much of it that you have to keep it stacked out in the open. If that's the case, drop me a note.

Last edited:

Lol production is already maxed out. And this is much larger than all the obamascares and sandy hook garbage, combined. If you spend some time on the ground at gun retail, you will understand quickly this is not a simple "obamascare redux". Gun shops are literally getting hundreds of calls on busier days asking for ammo.

Plus theres a shitload of new buyers, and even if only 10% of them stick around after a year or two, thats going to contribute greatly to things like sticky price effects,
etc.,

Lol production is already maxed out. And this is much larger than all the obamascares and sandy hook garbage, combined. If you spend some time on the ground at gun retail, you will understand quickly this is not a simple "obamascare redux". Gun shops are literally getting hundreds of calls on busier days asking for ammo.

Plus theres a shitload of new buyers, and even if only 10% of them stick around after a year or two, thats going to contribute greatly to things like sticky price effects,
etc.,

Plus raw material shortages, shipping problems, etc. This problem is much much deeper than anything we've seen before.

I think you will see Xiden try to XO his way to gun control in ways that King Hussein only dreamed.

Lol production is already maxed out.
Of course it is, just like it was in 2014. Back then manufacturers responded by hiring more people, buying more equipment, etc. They ramped back down after Trump won. Now they have to ramp back up again, which takes time.

Plus raw material shortages, shipping problems, etc. This problem is much much deeper than anything we've seen before.

I think you will see Xiden try to XO his way to gun control in ways that King Hussein only dreamed.
And now that cocaine Mitch blinked, Xiden will be unfettered except for a judicial branch that has been well known to punt on any 2A legislation.

Keep in mind, a lot of these new gun owners are not necessarily shooters...most of them will likely never go through a box of ammo. I have friends who call themselves "shooters" who have had the same 50 round box of 9mm for ten years...

Hopefully a lot of them will have gotten the gun bug out of their system and ease off on the ammo buying. Then the only real concern is politicians...

Larry P - .70pr

Winchester USA Forged Ammunition 9mm Luger 115 Grain Full Metal Jacket Steel Case​

• Product #: 325073
  • Manufacturer #: WIN9SV
  • UPC #: 020892224155
Winchester USA Forged Ammunition 9mm Luger 115 Grain Full Metal Jacket Steel Case

Our Price:
$349.99

Yeah, but now elections don’t matter. They can do what they want with no consequences.

Too much fear-mongering in here. It's basic supply and demand - ammo manufacturers can't keep up with the demand, which is being driven by uncertainty (that's how it works in all markets). As manufacturers ramp up to meet the demand, prices will fall back to normal - we've already been through this more than once. The only thing that can affect that really is an ammo sales tax but it would have to be stupid high, like 100%, to make current rapey prices the "new normal".
After shortages like this, the tend is for things to eventually settle into a "new normal". As each step in the chain lowers prices to maintain market share, they do so carefully and the frequent effect is that the vendors stop at the point where they have approximately their previous market share - which tends to be a non-trivial number of points higher than the old prices.

Just ask - did bullets settle to the old prices once the lead commodity prices rolled back down or was a "new normal" set.

I'd guess that what was a $38 box of primers will eventually settle in at a new normal around $45, but that is just a guess.

Back
Top Bottom