Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

It's still there nearly 24 hours later. So, there's a stake in the ground past where the "actually goes out shooting" shooter is currently standing, at least for the moment.

The "actually goes out shooting" people largely stopped buying awhile ago. I've only purchased like 2800 rounds of ammo since last July, which for me is basically a few steps above nothing.

Quiet... too quiet
Dah dum. Dah dum. Dum dum dum dum, dum dum dum dum, dah dah dah, DAH DAH DAH!

The "actually goes out shooting" people largely stopped buying awhile ago. I've only purchased like 2800 rounds of ammo since last July, which for me is basically a few steps above nothing.
I'm in a similar place, mostly been filling in stuff I shoot a lot of or things that I like to shoot but don't shoot often enough to have a "holdover until some normalcy returns" stock.

So you are attempting to argue that those of us who are still buying ammo aren't purchasing to replace what has been recently shot?

Ever consider that my budget of disposable income is greater, which allows me more flexibility with what I can purchase at higher prices?

So you are attempting to argue that those of us who are still buying ammo aren't purchasing to replace what has been recently shot?

No, not at all, hence the use of my term "largely" - there are exceptions. Just stating that a lot of us aren't willing to pay retard prices for
ammo. I grab it whenever I can effectively get it below retard prices. I'm not f***ing paying a like 90 cents a round or more for 556 or shit like that
though... I'll shoot less long before I get to that point. It's abundantly clear to me that most of the ammo at this point is being consumed by newbs, panic buyers, and
people who otherwise were way behind the 8 ball.

No, not at all, hence the use of my term "largely" - there are exceptions. Just stating that a lot of us aren't willing to pay retard prices for
ammo. I grab it whenever I can effectively get it below retard prices.

I am budgeting for the next four years, with the expectation of more gun control and possible ammo taxes which means that my price point now will be in the lower third of the DCA over that four year timeframe.

What will you do once the price of ammo quadruples? Stop shooting?

I will still be shooting.

ammo. I grab it whenever I can effectively get it below retard prices. I'm not f***ing paying a like 90 cents a round or more for 556 or shit like that
though... I'll shoot less long before I get to that point. It's abundantly clear to me that most of the ammo at this point is being consumed by newbs, panic buyers, and
people who otherwise were way behind the 8 ball.
Do you see prices dropping again soon? Or ever?

possible ammo taxes

I can't see a tax like this working. They would have to send people out to everyone's house that they "think" has ammo and do an IRS bean counting of your ammo if they want to make it accurate. Nobody is going to indicate they have 10k rounds so they can get taxed "properly". Someone may propose a bill for this but I can't see it passing. There are too many D's in pro gun states that would get slaughtered if they jumped on this bandwagon.

I am budgeting for the next four years, with the expectation of more gun control and possible ammo taxes which means that my price point now will be in the lower third of the DCA over that four year timeframe.

What will you do once the price of ammo quadruples? Stop shooting?

I will still be shooting.

Lol, you're pretty pessimistic, IMHO the market will abandon the product at that point, or lets put it this way, people aren't going to be buying as much of it, which does the
same thing. What toast posted with larry P is just a sign of that. There are panic numbskulls at retail that will pay a over a buck a round for 556, but nobody serious is paying that.

I'm not sure what I would do if we got there, but I can tell you I'm not paying f***ing 4 bucks for a round of 5.56 [rofl] Not particularly when 90% of the cost of that one round of
ammo is liable to be fluff/flipper profit.

Or, for the sake of justice, flippers who have called the peak incorrectly.
Those folks are the ones that are likely buying it all up driving the price up...

I buy stuff here and there, 9mm, 5.56, etc doesnt take up a lot of space so I stocked up when it was a lot cheaper, I think the most I have paid for 9mm was around 24cpr and 5.56 was 55cpr when buying for myself, 12ga target loads is where I fell short due to the convenience of being able to order them every time larry had free shipping I would order a few flats, now that walmart is the only place to get them consistently, I'm kicking myself for not just buying 20 or so flats and finding a place to stash them

I can't see a tax like this working. They would have to send people out to everyone's house that they "think" has ammo and do an IRS bean counting of your ammo if they want to make it accurate. Nobody is going to indicate they have 10k rounds so they can get taxed "properly". Someone may propose a bill for this but I can't see it passing. There are too many D's in pro gun states that would get slaughtered if they jumped on this bandwagon.

I think what most people mean by this "bidenism" is that it would get taxed at production, like Pittman-Robertson already is. Another fed excise tax.

Lol, you're pretty pessimistic, IMHO the market will abandon the product at that point, or lets put it this way, people aren't going to be buying as much of it, which does the
same thing. What toast posted with larry P is just a sign of that. There are panic numbskulls at retail that will pay a over a buck a round for 556, but nobody serious is paying that.

I'm not sure what I would do if we got there, but I can tell you I'm not paying f***ing 4 bucks for a round of 5.56 [rofl] Not particularly when 90% of the cost of that one round of
ammo is liable to be fluff/flipper profit.

Nobody is paying that NOW but if things normalize to that point, we will see.

Tax on the sale of ammo, c'mon dude.

Too much fear-mongering in here. It's basic supply and demand - ammo manufacturers can't keep up with the demand, which is being driven by uncertainty (that's how it works in all markets). As manufacturers ramp up to meet the demand, prices will fall back to normal - we've already been through this more than once. The only thing that can affect that really is an ammo sales tax but it would have to be stupid high, like 100%, to make current rapey prices the "new normal".

I'm slow this morning. Thought of that after I wrote my post. Brain dead from clicking TS refresh button too much.

The town my cottage is in charges us taxes on the estimated value of the contents. Including firearms and ammo in that estimate wouldn't be too difficult and could be done at the town level.

more taxes and the manufacture of ammo and the sale of ammo is most likely coming. Not to mention that we'll probably see some manufacturers leave once they start to get sued more often.

I don't think we're at the peak of ammo prices, but I also don't think we'll forever set at these high prices. I think we'll come down a bit, but never get back to under .20 cpr for 9mm.

Back
Top Bottom