Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

i just exchanged emails with targetsports - they are looking at it. bots.

Interesting. Well, I've actually been toying with making a simple alert bot myself, if not an auto-buy bot. Mostly for educational purposes, my CC can't handle much more acquisition, but I'd obviously donate it to the brain trust.

Seems like maybe it would be prudent to wait it out and see what further changes they make first.....

Interesting. Well, I've actually been toying with making a simple alert bot myself, if not an auto-buy bot. Mostly for educational purposes, my CC can't handle much more acquisition, but I'd obviously donate it to the brain trust.

Seems like maybe it would be prudent to wait it out and see what further changes they make first.....
until they will put a captcha or other method into a checkout page - it probably will be no use. but, who knows.
they can also just bump up prices above gunbroker level and it will stop all the price gougers from shopping there. the latter is much easier thing to do.

until they will put a captcha or other method into a checkout page - it probably will be no use. but, who knows.
they can also just bump up prices above gunbroker level and it will stop all the price gougers from shopping there. the latter is much easier thing to do.

Yeah most likely they will install a Captcha.

I'd say they won't up prices because... reasons? But realistically that's what should end up happening.

Just picked up my three orders of 22 ammo from bass pro in Hooksett. They were wiped clean.
Swung by Shooters Outpost just now and was shocked to see that 22 is going for 16 cpr. They were basically wiped out of all popular calibers. I did get my five box limit of red army 7.62x39 at $8 per box. Never paid that much to feed my AK but I’m sure it ain’t going to get any cheaper

Notarized? I set up an account on the Estore, emailed them a scan of my LTC & GOAL card, received an email in reply a few days later, and entered an ammo order online. What would have needed to be notarized?
I went through the Rifle Sales Program and that required a NP to stamp it. It also let me buy ammo. Congrats. You've found another way in!

@Toast, can you buy rifles also with this account?

~Enbloc

Last edited:
Notarized? I set up an account on the Estore, emailed them a scan of my LTC & GOAL card, received an email in reply a few days later, and entered an ammo order online. What would have needed to be notarized?

they needed more from me than that before processing mine.

Question: Can .458 be loaded in 44mag brass?
Surely you jest.
I suppose you can expand the brass to accept the .458" diameter bullet, but you'll have a rough time finding anything chambered in that caliber.
I haven't found a rifle that will take my .308 A.I. either.

Attachments

• abc.jpg
    abc.jpg
    387.6 KB · Views: 6
  • P1190071.JPG
    P1190071.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 6
I don't believe so. And, full disclosure, at this point I've been able to enter an order, but that's all. It remains to be seen if it ships without needing something else.
No, I think you are good to go on the ammo. I've been a member of the CMP since 1998 and have always followed the same format to renew membership.
It makes sense that they would update their methods for non-firearm sales. Brings in much needed cash with less hassle.

Plus, it really looks like this whole 'internet' thing is starting to catch on... finally.

Thanks for updating, and maybe getting a few others involved, at least with ammo access!

~
Enbloc

larry p -

Federal American Eagle Ammunition 223 Remington 75 Grain Total Metal Jacket Box of 20​

for $17 a box. 10 boxes limit, still in stock.

No, I think you are good to go on the ammo. I've been a member of the CMP since 1998 and have always followed the same format to renew membership.
It makes sense that they would update their methods for non-firearm sales. Brings in much needed cash with less hassle.

Plus, it really looks like this whole 'internet' thing is starting to catch on... finally.

Thanks for updating, and maybe getting a few others involved, at least with ammo access!

~
Enbloc
In the CMP documentation it specifically says that the notarized form 2A is so they can do a 4473 on you when you buy a rifle. It makes sense that they would not require it if you weren’t buying a rifle.

@Toast,

Would you mind posting the link you used to open an account at the CMP e-Store? (non-firearms)

May help get a few started...

Thanks!

~Enbloc

If you're not in CMP competitions often but still have participated before can you order from them?
I believe so. Try dropping something in your cart and check-out. You will either get a confirmation or an email telling you what to do next...

Also, when you say "Participated" you mean you have a CMP account?

Back
Top Bottom