Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Matt,
What’s the story with CMP and shipping times? Worth it to wait? I see they have 6.5cr with Hornady and Nosler bullets.....

I just faxed an order for 38 special in yesterday along with all the supporting documents that they require. The paperwork is a PITA and they require a notarized signature which is good for three years but they are one of the few places I could find 38 special.

Bob

ETA:
remember that they have a 2,000 round limit per caliber in a calendar year.

Hi, i have never before saw or used this kind of rounds - could anybody comment on what it is? 'compressed copper'?

NATIONAL POLICE AMMUNITION 9MM 100 GRAIN FRANGIBLE C3

Matt,
What’s the story with CMP and shipping times? Worth it to wait? I see they have 6.5cr with Hornady and Nosler bullets.....

Here's my take on the looong CMP wait:

I'm buying ammo "futures".

What does that mean?

It means I am guaranteeing future ammo to shoot, and defend myself with. When no other ammo may even be available...

These are purchases that I don't need right now, but anticipate for the not too distant future.

And, prices are pretty good for today's costs. This means I am also locking in that price for a month or two.

Plus they don't hit your CC until just before it ships, and I can cancel any time. (I won't)

Last edited:
Hi, i have never before saw or used this kind of rounds - could anybody comment on what it is? 'compressed copper'?

Not exactly sure but is most likely powdered copper ammo (compressed into projo) that is designed to disintegrate on impact. Typically used in training or on airplanes or other impact sensitive locations...

It is "Simulated Duty Ammunition":
Alchemist Ammunition, the civilian line of National Police Ammunition’s SDR (Simulated Duty Round)

Lol. One vendor is an Alchemist...

1610647788506.png

Here he is forming bullets...

1610647861642.png

Last edited:

Just what it says it is. Fine grained copper powder compressed (usually with some binding agent such as tin). You end up with a mostly copper bullet that disintegrates when it hits any hard surface. Used mostly to avoid ricochets when training or in certain cases when over penetration is a major concern.

CMP membership is a 'no-brainer" for me...

Besides, I can fill out the CMP form, get it notarized and off in the mail quicker than a typical 4-store cross-New England ammo search trip... and for less money.

Last edited:
Agree, plus (unless you move or renew your LTC) it's good for 3 years. That lets you buy 8 rifles and 2000 rounds of each caliber you buy per year. (e.g. 8 Garands in a mix of .30-06 and .308, plus 2000 rounds of .30-06, 2000 round of .308) Plus 2000 rounds of each of the most popular pistol calibers (9mm, .45 ACP, .40S&W, .38 Special and now even .380 ACP and 10MM). Rifles and ammo ship for free and no sales tax. No charge to join, just need to get your form 2A notarized , which most bank will do for free for their customers.

Agree, plus (unless you move or renew your LTC) it's good for 3 years. That lets you buy 8 rifles and 2000 rounds of each caliber you buy per year. (e.g. 8 Garands in a mix of .30-06 and .308, plus 2000 rounds of .30-06, 2000 round of .308, plus 2000 rounds of each of the most popular pistol calibers (9mm, .45 ACP, .40S&W, .38 Special and now even .380 ACP and 10MM). Rifles and ammo ship for free and no sales tax. No charge to join, just need to get your form 2A notarized , which most bank will do for free for their customers.
Shit. I placed an order for ammo from them over the weekend but I have no idea if my documents are still good. Would I get an order confirmation email if they were issues?

Shit. I placed an order for ammo from them over the weekend but I have no idea if my documents are still good. Would I get an order confirmation email if they were issues?
Why take the chance? Put in a call...

256-835-8455

Nice folks.

If you did it from the E-Store you can log in and check your status. From what I know they are pretty good at getting right back to you if you need to update your documentation (1-2 days). Or just call as @enbloc suggests.

ETA: if your ship date is ASAP and the order status is Processing, you should be good to go.

Last edited:
Looks like they re-designed the website. That's what they're doing with that 9mm money! [laugh]
Gotta do something to keep the warehouse guys busy...

"Hey! Tell Earl to quit doing donuts with the fork-lift and get down to Marketing..."

Looks like it's time to buy something that shoots 50BMG. Seems to be decent supply & plenty of 50BMG primers available. Now I gotta figure out my options.

If you did it from the E-Store you can log in and check your status. From what I know they are pretty good at getting right back to you if you need to update your documentation (1-2 days). Or just call as @enbloc suggests.

ETA: if your ship date is ASAP and the order status is Processing, you should be good to go.
Cool. It does say ASAP and Processing. I know I had to send them a copy of my LTC a couple months back.

Besides, I can fill out the CMP form, get it notarized and off in the mail quicker than a typical 4-store cross-New England ammo search trip... and for less money.
Notarized? I set up an account on the Estore, emailed them a scan of my LTC & GOAL card, received an email in reply a few days later, and entered an ammo order online. What would have needed to be notarized?

Notarized? I set up an account on the Estore, emailed them a scan of my LTC & GOAL card, received an email in reply a few days later, and entered an ammo order online. What would have needed to be notarized?
So if you are in MA you can still order Ammo from CMP and they will deliver to mass?

Was going to post that some additional 22lr showed up, but it was gone too fast to even post it. Don't think the web change threw off the bots.
if i understand correctly - it is either this one or something similar

google comes up with some cached pages specifically mentioning targetsportsusa, but, it is not conclusive. all in all - if it is what is happening, then, good luck buying anything at all there now.

Back
Top Bottom