Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

already gone, I've almost completely given up on Target Sports as a source for ammo. They should do what every other retailer does and put a 5 box limit on it or something to allow actual consumers a chance at purchasing some of it. When gun shops are using scripts to buy 50 cases at a whack for resale it leaves us no chance.

The price needs to go up.
The price isn't the issue, other retailers are having their IT guys run scripts to scan the site for in stock ammo and ordering as much as the site will allow instantly to buy it to stock their shelves, us normal people clicking a mouse have no chance.

Maybe. Maybe it’s a few thousand gun owners at work hitting refresh every 6 seconds. Maybe it’s one or two big fish buying it all up to resell.
Dunno.
I see right now wolf steel in stock - more expensive:
223 Rem - Wolf Military Classic 62 Gr. HP Steel Case 500 Rds.
$430.99
Not at target, other site

Some more
already gone, I've almost completely given up on Target Sports as a source for ammo. They should do what every other retailer does and put a 5 box limit on it or something to allow actual consumers a chance at purchasing some of it. When gun shops are using scripts to buy 50 cases at a whack for resale it leaves us no chance.

I’m home with covid and nothing to do and still missed the freaking .308 I’ve been waiting for because I had to go and take a shower. That’ll teach me.

Dunno.
I see right now wolf steel in stock - more expensive:
223 Rem - Wolf Military Classic 62 Gr. HP Steel Case 500 Rds.
$430.99
Not at target, other site
Steel case is harder to flip for 100% markup at a LGS or on Gunbroker. Most people want brass case for 5.56

Hold ya cheddar for the Fetter
D9ABA537-20B0-44AA-8797-82A5DF3D4B30.jpeg

Fetter does not eliminate a possibility that some situations of product use might reveal performance different from laboratory testing experiments. 😄

What's the going rate for something like PMC Bronze 45 when it is in stock? I see a case for $775 shipped somewhere and it seems a little rapey.

Hold ya cheddar for the Fetter
View attachment 435463

Fetter does not eliminate a possibility that some situations of product use might reveal performance different from laboratory testing experiments. 😄
for regular bird shot better off to wait until some shows up at your local wal-mart, that's pretty rapey for #8's

for regular bird shot better off to wait until some shows up at your local wal-mart, that's pretty rapey for #8's
It is mostly oos at Walmart for even the cheapest Federal 100 round packs of 12g #7.5. And those are now about $36. It’s a better deal for high brass cases of 250 through TS for the Western European stuff than what Walmart can provide. Fetter Idk about so I can’t attest.

For those with lots of patience, and are willing to wander through listings with a calculator, there actually are occasionally "bargains" on GunBroker in ammo. Yes, "bargain" is relative, but I was able to snag 600 rds of Aquila 115gr 9mm for just under $0.67/rd (delivered) today, and I already have the UPS tracking number. 6 months ago I never thought I'd characterize $0.67/rd as a bargain, but these are the times we live in. I shudder to think what happens in the months ahead.

I have a course coming up next week that will burn 300 rds. Who ever thought the ammo would represent the larger part of the total cost of a course?

Maybe so, but for the premium of $12, not leaving my house, and having it sitting at my doorstep puts in on par with Walmart Winchester prices. I just grabbed a couple cases of Saga, for the same price. Do need 2000rds of 12ga target loads...maybe. 🤔

I’ve been a Prime member for like 3yrs and have yet to receive any type of alert, though I’ve plugged in about 2 dozen of them for text and email, nothing.
I was getting alerts before but none for last 3 weeks, and I had alerts on items I saw posted here to be in stock.
Frankly, I gave up on target - there are other places to get ammunition from. I never able to put in an order in time. Whatever.

Back
Top Bottom