Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

I get that the popular calibers are consistently out of stock but I think so of this shortage is artificial. Way too many of the less popular and odd ball stuff is out of stock all the time. I'd like to meet the person that is buying up all the 45-70 just to see their stash. I don't think that has been in stock since this entire panic has begun. Maybe they will sell me a box or two :) It just baffles me with some of these calibers.
if anything of it would be artificial - no one would be selling 9mm steel case garbage on gunbroker at $1pr. yet it gets posted and it gets sold, despite any common sense.
i made a major mistake and did not stock up while it was plenty of it at $.45pr as i though it would not get higher. stocked up on .223 but did not get 9mm. now 9mm price went up to a stratosphere - it is not artificial, it is just a mass hysteria effect.

and a good quality 6.5CM is at $3pr+, i think i saw one 200rounds pack sold for $980.

Wow big price jump on PPU Garand ammo...
Like $70 bucks a 500-rd can from 2 weeks ago...
Over a buck a round, with tax (non-Prime)

And it's gone...
1607101786423.png

I get that the popular calibers are consistently out of stock but I think so of this shortage is artificial. Way too many of the less popular and odd ball stuff is out of stock all the time. I'd like to meet the person that is buying up all the 45-70 just to see their stash. I don't think that has been in stock since this entire panic has begun. Maybe they will sell me a box or two :) It just baffles me with some of these calibers.

it is not artificial, it is just a mass hysteria effect.

Some of it is people wigging out, but don't forget there are like 5 million? new gun owners that have guns they want to learn how to shoot, etc, too. The demand of that alone is full retard. Even if those people only ever buy one box here and there, that's enough to stress the shit out of the market.
but i think greedy b@stards are rolling back. here, a 1k tulammo for a $500. it is a bit of a step back - last week i saw it for $650 solid from every seller.
I got that stuff a few months ago for $260/k, then not long after that, poof, whole market went FR.

I think in some places you will see the market softening a little bit but that is likely to be short-lived... especially as the reality check of the child hair sniffer getting sworn in takes effect. (I hope i am wrong about that, frankly. )

You also have to keep in mind that many of us have tiers of guns that we shoot in our collection so that as popular calibers become less available or economical, we transition to other calibers and then purchase the ammunition that is available for those. The net effect is cascading supply shortages.
Yup. If I could find any .32-20 pistol ammunition, I'd be shooting that right now.

Of course, I haven't been able to find any at a reasonable price for the last few years even before this nonsense, so there's that.

Tula steel 9mm $500!!! [rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl]

It's actually worse than that, you have to add in shipping, so $530.

so now we know an upper price level for a hollowpoint - a $1.50pr - still in stock, as people are in shock...

So that means that box of 350 gold dots that I have is worth like $525? Sheeet.... im hood rich nao.

Yup. If I could find any .32-20 pistol ammunition, I'd be shooting that right now.

Of course, I haven't been able to find any at a reasonable price for the last few years even before this nonsense, so there's that.
And I immediately make a liar of myself. Larry has it in stock. But, at $1.38/round for 98 grain wadcutters, I'm going to take the same pass I typically do. [crying]

EDIT: Whoops, my mistake, that's a .32 S&W Long, not a .32-20 WCF.

there was an auction there that had ended before i grabbed a screenshot - it had a bid on a same crapus at $665.
sometimes there are private sellers there that do not jack up prices - that is how i managed to get my .223. but, not during last 3 weeks. i still keep looking, as i got now only 450 tula and 400 124gr federals left. feels exposed. :)

Last edited:

Got my first notification. Ordered 2 boxes

Ditto. HP's are the one thing I've saved enough scratch to be able to buy and actually need some degree of. I can nurse a thousand plus rounds for a while, 200 HP's? Not so much. I shoot at least the mag I carry every range trip. If that's my walking around ammo, I'm not walking very far.

So that means that box of 350 gold dots that I have is worth like $525? Sheeet.... im hood rich nao.

The Sig stuff has always been a bit pricey anyways and the stupid 20 rd. boxes even more so. God I hate the 20 rd. box. Prime Gold Dots back in late August were .76/rd. according to my invoice, that was also unfortunately the last time I bought ammo until today. I'd be interested to see what they, or HST's are going for if they ever get any.

Edit- There's also some M80 ball for .92/rd. Still in stock as of now. I bought 100 rds. as I'm hoping to acquire a .308 in the spring months. Jokes on them though, it's two separate orders! Hah! The soft points are still cheaper at Wally world, if you can find them.

I do not criticize- I also got 2 preban 17rds mags filled with hps. Just hate those prices.

I hate ‘em too, but this is unfortunately where we’re at. So long as I have the opportunity to train with, and feel good about having a modern HP on my side, I’m not sure where my upper price limit is. 😕

Back
Top Bottom