Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Did you guys see the .22 LR TS had for $0.20 per round this morning? I've never heard of "winter" ammo before either.

View attachment 417950

Oh, the weather outside is frightful
But firing my .22 used to be so delightful
And since we've no place to go for ammo
Let it blow, let it blow, let it blow...

🐯

My mystery gift showed up today. Decent ammo can, 10 rounds of steel cased .223, keyring with a carabiner, safety glasses, and a couple of stickers.

Now, if it had come with a coupon to get first dibs on a case of my choice, that would have been something!

plus with .40 you can get a swap in .357 sig barrel for true versatility. So while the lesser caliber guys are selling their wives for ammo. the enlightened shooters are plinking away.
Can I rent instead of buy?

Was a time, .222 was the mainstream. I see those Remington. The ones on the left are PSP (Pointed Soft Point?). What are the ones on the right?

Has Remington ammo started shipping again yet?

I get that the popular calibers are consistently out of stock but I think so of this shortage is artificial. Way too many of the less popular and odd ball stuff is out of stock all the time. I'd like to meet the person that is buying up all the 45-70 just to see their stash. I don't think that has been in stock since this entire panic has begun. Maybe they will sell me a box or two :) It just baffles me with some of these calibers.

I get that the popular calibers are consistently out of stock but I think so of this shortage is artificial.

Lol, go work at retail in a gun shop of any significance for a few weeks, you'll disabuse yourself of that notion very quickly.

Way too many of the less popular and odd ball stuff is out of stock all the time.

I'd like to meet the person that is buying up all the 45-70 just to see their stash. I don't think that has been in stock since this entire panic has begun. Maybe they will sell me a box or two :) It just baffles me with some of these calibers.

It's not a "person" its thousands of people. Things like .45-70 aren't produced in huge quantity to begin with, so it doesn't take much demand to create a supply crisis/shortage.

You also have to keep in mind that many of us have tiers of guns that we shoot in our collection so that as popular calibers become less available or economical, we transition to other calibers and then purchase the ammunition that is available for those. The net effect is cascading supply shortages.

Back
Top Bottom