Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Slightly embellished for humor’s sake but I think I commented on this thread awhile ago when I had to bite the bullet on a 400 round box of 5.56 for $183.95 and four 100 round boxes of .223 for $183.96, average 46 cpr so I definitely wasn’t winning either way you slice it.
I like to reminisce to this post. 2,000+ rounds of 223 at 15 cents per round. Craziness. I’ll never forgot that...
Little did we know the panic that was to come😔
Okay I caved.... I know I questioned earlier if the hassle of dealing with the Walmart employees was worth the savings.

Well I decided to see if it was....bought 1,880 rounds of Rem and Federal 223 at the Seabrook, NH Walmart today - no sales tax really helped on that purchase. And 200 rounds of Rem 223 and 240 rounds of Tula 7.62x39 at the Danvers Walmart the other day...

Seabrook, NH just has defensive 223 left...

I will be splitting this with a friend before anyone says I’m a hoarder!😂

I can say it was well worth the trip. Didn’t take much effort for an employee to help me.

Thank you to the OP for starting this thread. And feel free to flame me😂

I have a chart in my office from February comparing different advertised velocities of fmjs to SD rounds I like, trying to find practice/carry loads that are similar and a note telling myself to consider paying 189/100 for Remington over 169/1000 for Magtech. I can’t bring myself to take it down.

ive been waiting for 9mm for weeks on target sports

ended up buying 2000 rounds of wwb 124gr on a differnt forum for .47 ccp shipped

which is less than the matech with tax, if u can even get it

guess my prime membership is pretty much uselesss

"This too shall pass..."

Larry P has Aguila .223 1200 round cases for 60 cents per round shipped if you can add $49 worth of eligible items to get free shipping....

i guess you CAN put a price on freedom, eh?

if all it takes is for ammo price to double to get americans to stay home and not shoot, then its hard to take diehard 2A'ers serious when they say if the feds are gonna come for their guns, they wont go without a fight
QFT...

I'm on my way home from St. Louis, after driving there with my daughter to bring her back to school. She'll be keeping the car there, and I'm in the process of flying home.

Meanwhile, earlier today, we drove to a Walmart in St. Louis, and they were stocked to the gills with a sh!tload of all types of non-pistol ammo (no .22 either). It sure doesn't seem like there's an ammo shortage around there, like there is in the northeast.

Frank

Thousands of primers brass, bullets and tons of powder😂
I took the wife and her 3 cousins to the range on Sunday. Blew through about 450+ rounds of 9mm, 100 rounds of 357 magnum and 600+ rounds of 22lr.
We were the only people there for over 2 hours. I think people have definitely cut down on range time due to the ammo situation.
The weekly USARMS matches down here went from 120 rounds/week to <40 but with much more purposeful and physical/coordination based stages. I love it, and have been kicking ass.

I have a chart in my office from February comparing different advertised velocities of fmjs to SD rounds I like, trying to find practice/carry loads that are similar and a note telling myself to consider paying 189/100 for Remington over 169/1000 for Magtech. I can’t bring myself to take it down.
I would have thrown that away 3 months ago. It would depress me to look at it. Although it could be like an old photograph that reminds you of the good old days. I guess it's how you perceive things. I must be A pessimist .

45 for example, you can get a case of 230 gr RN ammo (yes they are reloads which means mixed once fired brass) for $305 shipped. TSUSA is over $400 for a case (and not in stock) last I checked.
Just thought I’d bring up this previous post since this ammo is still available. PM if interested.

Took a bit to get but the ammo seems good to go so far. I'd order from then again
Yeah that’s true. I think you’ll be waiting at least a few weeks if not more. But if you’re not in a rush and want to save a few bucks it’s prob worth it.

I would have thrown that away 3 months ago. It would depress me to look at it. Although it could be like an old photograph that reminds you of the good old days. I guess it's how you perceive things. I must be A pessimist .

I’m like a stubborn dog with a wireless fence. I need to be zapped a hundred times before I learn my lesson. The chart helps me to that end.

Back
Top Bottom