• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Well they got some stock in yesterday, but the prices are " Crazy Eddie" insane.

Yup. $.70 for M193... I got into the website and was like...
Abe-Simpson-walking-in-and-out-the-simpsons-7414427-320-240.gif

The Prvi 5.56 at 70 cents a round is still available after 12 hours (there’s 110 cases left)....maybe, just maybe we hit the ceiling.

which kinda makes me wonder if they were 'looking for it' instead of just charging enough to make a modest profit. kinda sickening that we support this behavior.

if gas were $20/gallon tomorrow, I wouldn't go out and buy enough to fill my tank 10x...I would sit around and not go anywhere that wasn't required until the prices came down.

Instead of playing games just dry fire more, shoot less. A close friend of mine, one year, when he was doing stupid overtime at work never had time to go shooting. He would dry fire one of his glocks 3 times a week maybe 10 minutes or so each time. The first time he got back to the range in months he did amazingly well, he was overall shooting better than I was that day. It really reinforces muscle memory, etc. Maybe it's my imagination, but it also seems to make it harder to get sucked back into bad habits, like flinching, or punching the trigger too hard, etc.
I have to agree with this. I've found that spending 10 minutes a few times a week dry firing with something like a Mantis X is just as good, if not better, than the occasional range trip, especially with ammo prices as they are.

-
which kinda makes me wonder if they were 'looking for it' instead of just charging enough to make a modest profit. kinda sickening that we support this behavior.
Lol it's all a necessary part of an economic feedback loop, unless you want them to not offer the ammo at all. If only a few people buy it, then this starts the slow process of what i call "setting a point of abandonment". Unfortunately even with that firmly in play it still can take a long-ass time for the prices to actually drop because people are still buying stuff just below that point, and lots of dealers get stuck with overpriced shit that won't move.

if gas were $20/gallon tomorrow, I wouldn't go out and buy enough to fill my tank 10x...I would sit around and not go anywhere that wasn't required until the prices came down.

Yup. I got lucky and found two boxes of 9mm for $10.99 last week locally. Stopped looking at TS after that

-

Lol it's all a necessary part of an economic feedback loop, unless you want them to not offer the ammo at all. If only a few people buy it, then this starts the slow process of what i call "setting a point of abandonment". Unfortunately even with that firmly in play it still can take a long-ass time for the prices to actually drop because people are still buying stuff just below that point, and lots of dealers get stuck with overpriced shit that won't move.
Nobody complained when there was a surplus and you could buy a case of 5.56 for $275. [rofl]

It may not be Target Sports seeking the high water mark, but suppliers farther up the chain. Retailers make more money more comfortably when prices are low and supply is ample. No one profits from, and no sensible retailer would perpetuate, a shortage of this severity and duration.

It may not be Target Sports seeking the high water mark, but suppliers farther up the chain. Retailers make more money more comfortably when prices are low and supply is ample. No one profits from, and no sensible retailer would perpetuate, a shortage of this severity and duration.

I had considered that angle as well. My LGS said that their prices to acquire stock had gone up considerably too recently...but I don't buy ammo from them OR anywhere else, really.

I can imagine it's actually pretty damn difficult to turn a profit with basically zero stock. I can only wonder what the warehouse floor must look like currently at TSUSA.

1599663215518.png

Last edited:
Instead of playing games just dry fire more, shoot less. A close friend of mine, one year, when he was doing stupid overtime at work never had time to go shooting. He would dry fire one of his glocks 3 times a week maybe 10 minutes or so each time. The first time he got back to the range in months he did amazingly well, he was overall shooting better than I was that day. It really reinforces muscle memory, etc. Maybe it's my imagination, but it also seems to make it harder to get sucked back into bad habits, like flinching, or punching the trigger too hard, etc.

Absolutely. It’s not so much a game as a realization of value. I’ve definitely upped my practice reload and dry fire strategy. There’s also something to be said for the recoil control, and follow up shot skill sets. It’s a balance and I’m struggling to find it without going broke.
Suffice it to say, that I’ll be a wiser man on the other side of this, assuming there is an other side.

What happens is even bigs like Target Sports have to seek out other distribution sources that traditionally don't have the best prices. Crackpot mentioned this in another thread, there are basically distributors who sit around waiting for stupid shit like this to happen so they can profit more, and their entire business models go around that. So when the retailer (eg, someone like TSUSA) is basically reduced to only being able to get the ammo from people who want the most amount of $, then high prices result, because TS has to eat, too. As someone who has seen "inside baseball" yes, people like TS, or your LGS, or whatever, are making more money selling ammo, but the additional $ at THAT level is not even a lions share of the price increase. Also don't forget market forces, Supply/Demand and perception of a lack of supply. If I am an LGS and I got 10 cases of 9mm, and if I sold without rationing, tons of people would drop $400 for a case of 9mm, RIGHT NOW... without even the slightest flinch. That ammo would be gone in 2-3 "slow" days, or maybe 1 busy day, tops at any decent LGS. That's how "pent up" the demand is. And given that reality, too, nobody in their right mind is going to drop prices if they don't have to. Those price drops will only start to happen once distribution is sitting on pallets of overpriced shit for a long period of time. Then a bunch of people from the consumers on down basically go (jack Rebney voice here) "NO MORE!!!! I don't want any more bullshit from anyone today, and that includes me.!" and this is the abandonment point, where everyone throws in the towel based on price. I think with 5.56 with that privi thing today, we're seeing
that. Because basically at 70 CPR that price is basically at the doorway of flipper territory, and its harder for people to rationalize it.... because 70 CPR is like 14 a box, which is entering "speciality" ammo territory. Nobody in their right mind wants to pay near match ammo prices for stuff that is bulk grade, etc.

My reserve unit actually allows range trips or personally enrolled shooting courses to be used as rescheduled drills and submitted for pay. .... but the ammo is on me. It helps offset things anyway.

Wow...that's insane! Friggen Army's got perks! My USMC reserve unit would have laughed me out of the building if i requested to get paid for going to the range by myself...they wanted to make sure going to the range was under their control every year and a measurably miserable experience.

Wow...that's insane! Friggen Army's got perks! My USMC reserve unit would have laughed me out of the building if i requested to get paid for going to the range by myself...they wanted to make sure going to the range was under their control every year and a measurably miserable experience.

My unit isn’t typical.

Magtech 9mm is up for anyone looking for it:

1,000 round case for ~$460 before state sales tax.

EDIT - gone in a NY minute. Wow.

Last edited:
ive been waiting for 9mm for weeks on target sports

ended up buying 2000 rounds of wwb 124gr on a differnt forum for .47 ccp shipped

which is less than the matech with tax, if u can even get it

guess my prime membership is pretty much uselesss

ive been waiting for 9mm for weeks on target sports

ended up buying 2000 rounds of wwb 124gr on a differnt forum for .47 ccp shipped

which is less than the matech with tax, if u can even get it

guess my prime membership is pretty much uselesss

I’d buy WWB 124gr if I could find any, but probably not at that price. It seems the only thing coming up is mediocre foreign 115gr stuff at TSUSA, if you even catch it for the 15 seconds it’s available.

I saw the Magtech with 99+ cases and individual boxes and it was gone in the blink of an eye. Good thing I don’t need 9mm.

Back
Top Bottom