Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

I'm going to CHOOSE to not buy at this price in hopes that it will help keep the price relatively low, lol.

I bought 4 cases from Shooters Outpost for $219 tax free in July and cant justify paying an extra $150/case shipped to my door.
Quoting for when it’s $450/case in a month.

i bought a few cases of GT in January for $220/case. It’s no longer January.

I hope you're wrong and people finally start to get their fill pretty soon. I reload for everything I shoot, but there's only so many times you can reload 7.62x39 before the cases are garbage. I've been thinking about getting a crappy set of lee dies for the caliber and just reloading the steel! Even if i only get one extra firing out of it, it might still be worth it?

I've been thinking about getting a crappy set of lee dies for the caliber and just reloading the steel! Even if i only get one extra firing out of it, it might still be worth it?

I've reloaded steel cased ammo for years. .45 Auto Wolf is boxer primed and will last until you lose the cases in the grass (sans a decent magnet).It is a means to get more rounds. Same with 7.62x39mm (Norinco, Wolf, Golden Tiger, etc...although I prefer the polymer coated best) and 8mm Romanian. Would I make a habit of it, especially if boxer-primed brass cases are readily available? Probably not, but it can be done (yes, I had berdan primers for the latter two calibers).
Use these rounds where you can't gather up your brass, so it's not such a loss.

I think it's only going to get more expensive. if its something you want and can afford, i dont see any reason why u shouldnt buy it just because it used to be cheaper

I had a case of 9mm delivered today and I don’t feel the least bit bad about overpaying for it. I’m happy I have that extra case, I could have gone without it but I chose not to.

just bit the bullet on the 1000 rounds of lake city 223, oof that hurts
Advice, if you'll take it:

Earmark a quarter of that box for:
~ Dialing in your irons/red-dot/scope for accuracy.
~ Weed out bad magazines and mark your flawless ones. (repair/replace the bad or questionable mags)
~ Once dialed in, train, train, train,
~ When done training... train again.

Don't put off doing this! Now is the time when you can safely go to the range and accomplish the above.
There may come a time when you no longer have the luxury of 'range time'...

After all that shooting, you now ONLY HAVE 750 ROUNDS.
750 rounds of dialed-in Death, or at minimum 'DETERENT'...

Owning ammo is not nearly as important as knowing how to use it accurately and correctly.

Lastly: SAVE YOUR BRASS.

I'm going to CHOOSE to not buy at this price in hopes that it will help keep the price relatively low, lol.

I bought 4 cases from Shooters Outpost for $219 tax free in July and cant justify paying an extra $150/case shipped to my door.
I’m pretty sure 619 DW Guns in Merrimack NH has golden tiger x39 for normal prices. $250ish per case?

I’m pretty sure 619 DW Guns in Merrimack NH has golden tiger x39 for normal prices. $250ish per case?

It's a little far of a drive for me now that I live in America...but good to know not everywhere is Insan-o land back home! I don't get 'out' here much other than to go to the grocery and the range...and my LGS is like the Indianapolis equivalent of FS if it were family run...no reloading components, and ammo is 'spensive, but available if you want to pay.

I'll continue to buy in bulk back in NH when I come to visit though...saving the taxes/shipping almost pays for my gas! Plus, I love me a trip up to the land of the live free...or DIE!

Look around for powder/primers and projos. They are getting harder to find. If you see any, snap them up. You can always buy a press later...

That’s what I’m thinking I’m going to do, I may grab another case if I feel it’s worth it at the time keeping a case in reserve, I can always get the press and reload for ammo to plink at the range with and keep the case of reserve for when I need something I know I can rely on...my 9mm stash is about 2 times the size of my 5.56 stash, of course I have the two cartridges that are going like hot cakes right now

Since TSUSA is constantly out, I’m throwing this here.
Walpole Walmart has limited (Few boxes of each) .308 hunting rounds, 12 ga. Slugs and buck, at standard prices. I didn’t buy any as I’m stocked with 12ga. (And broke) but would want an NES’er to have a crack.

That’s what I’m thinking I’m going to do, I may grab another case if I feel it’s worth it at the time keeping a case in reserve, I can always get the press and reload for ammo to plink at the range with and keep the case of reserve for when I need something I know I can rely on...my 9mm stash is about 2 times the size of my 5.56 stash, of course I have the two cartridges that are going like hot cakes right now
I just started collecting up shotshell reloading equipment and components. I will be loading 00/000 Buck and slugs that I've cast. Reloading components are slim but I found everything I need.
I also have about 140 pounds of wheel weights that I separated from zinc and steel weights. I'm also curious as to casting zinc buckshot. I hate to see it go to waste and it won't be pushed through any pistol or rifle of mine... but through a single shot 12ga with a fixed cylinder-bore? Maybe in very hard times...

I just started collecting up shotshell reloading equipment and components. I will be loading 00/000 Buck and slugs that I've cast. Reloading components are slim but I found everything I need.
I also have about 140 pounds of wheel weights that I separated from zinc and steel weights. I'm also curious as to casting zinc buckshot. I hate to see it go to waste and it won't be pushed through any pistol or rifle of mine... but through a single shot 12ga with a fixed cylinder-bore? Maybe in very hard times...
Congrats to our resident NES Taofledermaus! Enbloc shotshell shop opening when?

That was actually my first thought on a reloading plan is shotshell...my 12yo son has taken a serious liking to trap shooting at at 4-5 boxes of shells each a week, it is getting to be an expensive sport...right now i can still get target loads for .20/cpr at wally world, so its making it a hard sell, the buckshot and slugs I can definitely see the savings on

12 is a great age to learn trap. Good for him... and you. Nice to grow the deep bonds of a sporting family...

Back
Top Bottom