Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

How often where you refreshing? I have a hard time imagining a rate-limiter blocking you unless you are refreshing at least a few times per minute for a prolonged period. OTOH I suppose it could add up if you are doing many pages, even once a minute or so. Curious about the details here.

They could be using automated DOS detection. Too many hits from the same IP in a given amount of time and you're blocked. The threshold would be set someplace along with the policy (blocked for x amount of time, blocked forever etc.). I would bet there is no human intervention except for updating the policy and that could be automated also.

How often where you refreshing? I have a hard time imagining a rate-limiter blocking you unless you are refreshing at least a few times per minute for a prolonged period. OTOH I suppose it could add up if you are doing many pages, even once a minute or so. Curious about the details here.

If I recall, I was checking on 4 items, each with a random refresh rate between ~15 and 90 seconds.

They could be using automated DOS detection. Too many hits from the same IP in a given amount of time and you're blocked. The threshold would be set someplace along with the policy (blocked for x amount of time, blocked forever etc.). I would bet there is no human intervention except for updating the policy and that could be automated also.

I don't think it was DOS since I was able to get a html response. I was playing a few other tricks, like shuffling user agents. I suspect they blacklisted me in the same way they blacklist scrapers. The next step would have been to use a proxy service.. but I don't need more overpriced ammo that badly. At least not yet :)

WOW I just looked at the other vendor who had dirt cheap 38 spl and 357 magnum ammo, and they're completely wiped!!!! They had tens of thousands of rounds according to their website inventory just a couple days ago. I hope the NESers who PM'd me got their orders in. Shit maybe they wiped them out? [laugh]
I guess when you're charging 28 cents per round shipped for 357 magnum ammo, that won't last long once word gets out...

They still have some 45 ammo in stock though.
45 in stock still?

Still plenty of lead round nose and SWC ammo in stock.
Only a couple cases left of their 230 gr JHP ammo. Wow they had quite a bit earlier in the week.

Some fortay too. And...12GA at reasonable prices. They’ll probably be wiped out by end of the week, if that.

Wow, $500/case. And that might be the best price we see for a while.

Well, that will push me to tool up to reload for .223/5.56

I priced out components to reload 1k rounds and all the equipment I would need. Was more than the cost of the last case I bought at ~$350.

I do have a press and scale, but would need dies, primer pocket swage, case trimmer, Etc

z
Got 2 boxes of the Federal Automatch 325's at Walmart W.B. today. There were 2 left. I think it was $16.83.
Funny you post this. An online vendor has automatch in stock. $20 per 325 or $180 per 3,250 round case plus shipping and tax. I went through checkout and it’s just under 7 cents per round shipped when buying 3250.

PM if interested.

Back
Top Bottom