• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

I would try that auto refresh software, but I'm not sure it would get through the security at work. By the time I get home, TS is closed for the day. I may just have to continue being an ammo keno junkie

Folks, if you’re really interested in grabbing some stock when it goes live, I suggest you look into creating your own notification system. There are a number of ways to do this, even if you have no programming experience. One of the easiest ways is to use a plugin for your browser that refreshes a page every x seconds and sends an alert when it detects a change. You can write an AppleScript, java applet, or one of any hundred other ways.

Found the software engineer!

Looks like hitting the "In Stock Only" button hits a specific URL so I can see how this would be pretty easy to automate. Very clever.

I would try that auto refresh software, but I'm not sure it would get through the security at work. By the time I get home, TS is closed for the day. I may just have to continue being an ammo keno junkie
There are ways to set it up on your computer at home to send you a text so you don’t have to run it locally.

Careful with the auto refresh stuff. TS blocked my IP address a few weeks ago. They didn’t unblock it after a certain amount of time, either, so I had to ask verizon for a new IP.

Careful with the auto refresh stuff. TS blocked my IP address a few weeks ago. They didn’t unblock it after a certain amount of time, either, so I had to ask verizon for a new IP.

I can confirm this will happen.
I was using an auto refresh on specific caliber pages a few weeks ago. Within 24 hours my IP was blocked.
I am lazy, so instead of contacting my ISP, I route my TSUSA traffic through my work vpn.
I'm not buying at this point so no big deal.

I can confirm this will happen.
I was using an auto refresh on specific caliber pages a few weeks ago. Within 24 hours my IP was blocked.
I am lazy, so instead of contacting my ISP, I route my TSUSA traffic through my work vpn.
I'm not buying at this point so no big deal.
It’s always a good practice to route your traffic through a VPN. There are a ton of free ones that will suffice for this purpose. Likely it wasn’t TS but rather their hosting company trying to prevent a DDoS or the like.

It’s always a good practice to route your traffic through a VPN. There are a ton of free ones that will suffice for this purpose. Likely it wasn’t TS but rather their hosting company trying to prevent a DDoS or the like.

Lol that would expect any website registering that many hits from somebody to block off the IP.... if you're refreshing it several times a minute that's going to set off all kinds of alarm bells. If you only did it once every few minutes it probably wouldn't be a problem.....

Lol that would expect any website registering that many hits from somebody to block off the IP.... if you're refreshing it several times a minute that's going to set off all kinds of alarm bells. If you only did it once every few minutes it probably wouldn't be a problem.....
The problem is you don't know what that threshold is until you hit it. Is once a minute safe? Every 2 minutes, 3, etc. Having your VPN auto rotate solves this issue as the hosting company doesn't care about total traffic, just traffic pattern and amount over a given time.

WOW I just looked at the other vendor who had dirt cheap 38 spl and 357 magnum ammo, and they're completely wiped!!!! They had tens of thousands of rounds according to their website inventory just a couple days ago. I hope the NESers who PM'd me got their orders in. Shit maybe they wiped them out? [laugh]
I guess when you're charging 28 cents per round shipped for 357 magnum ammo, that won't last long once word gets out...

They still have some 45 ammo in stock though.

50 cpr brass 5.56 or wolf gold .223

After about five contact attempts, I was finally able to get my Prime membership issue resolved a little more than a month after I was charged.

Not that it matters much since I'm not eager to drop 50 cpr on 5.56.
I missed out on that 22lr, though.

I have never got an alert from TSUSA. I called them and the nice girl checked my profile and said everything was checked appropriately with the correct text number.

Any ideas. Looking for some Hornady .357 LeveRevolution 140 grain.

Matt
Do you check the box next to the out of stock item that says “alert me when this is back in stock?“
That’s all I do. And, I pretty much do that for stuff I don’t even want, just as a back option.

Do you check the box next to the out of stock item that says “alert me when this is back in stock?“
That’s all I do. And, I pretty much do that for stuff I don’t even want, just as a back option.

Yes. It is not a common cartridge in this time of WuFlu. They don't believe they have gotten a shipment from Hornady on it since late 2019. Thanks.

Man, I need TSUSA to ban my IP! I'm like an ammo junkie! I even check in the middle of the night, hoping for a lucky find... LOL

Is there any consistency to when they update stock info? In other words, can you find their timezone and figure out when the stock updating guy starts his work day?

Yes. It is not a common cartridge in this time of WuFlu. They don't believe they have gotten a shipment from Hornady on it since late 2019. Thanks.
I bought some of that a while back in .44 mag. Never used it. Just to have some on hand.

Is there any consistency to when they update stock info? In other words, can you find their timezone and figure out when the stock updating guy starts his work day?
From what I’ve observed it can be any time between 9 AM–5 PM standard work hours, but as others have noted restock times can be in the wee hours of the morning.

How often where you refreshing? I have a hard time imagining a rate-limiter blocking you unless you are refreshing at least a few times per minute for a prolonged period. OTOH I suppose it could add up if you are doing many pages, even once a minute or so. Curious about the details here.

Back
Top Bottom