Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Just saw a review where .260 Rem and 6.5 Creedmore are pretty much the same except at longer distances (which most people don't do).

Don’t get .260 Rem. Go for 6.5CM. I have nothing against 260 Rem. Effectively, they’re really not any different in performance. However in both the civilian and military markets, 6.5CM has won the war with 260 Rem. 260 Rem will become a vestigial cartridge.

Struggling to decide if I want to pay that. It'll probably be gone before I make up my mind
I bought actual Federal for that but saved more as a Prime member 2 weeks ago.

Who knows how long you'll wait for more Federal labeled ammo comes in.

I bought actual Federal for that but saved more as a Prime member 2 weeks ago.

Who knows how long you'll wait for more Federal labeled ammo comes in.
TSUSA says this ammo is Lake City-Federal:

Question: Does this ammo have a NATO headstamp? Andrew (11/07/2019)
Response: Hi Andrew, YES this is Mil-Spec 5.56mm NATO Ammo made by Lake City Ammunition Plant. Thank you for buying in stock bulk 5.56mm ammunition online at TargetSportsUSA.com

About the "No Green Tip issue"

Question: I see in a previous question that it’s not painted green. Do you know why it wasn’t painted? I can’t find that answer anywhere. Still ordered a box. Patrick (05/19/2020)
Response: That is something that Lake City does for Federal, not anyone else. Thank you for buying ammo at TargetSportsUSA.com

Same ammo as Federal IMO.

Post #8, best answer I've read regarding LC and FC ammo.

Don’t get .260 Rem. Go for 6.5CM. I have nothing against 260 Rem. Effectively, they’re really not any different in performance. However in both the civilian and military markets, 6.5CM has won the war with 260 Rem. 260 Rem will become a vestigial cartridge.
This was in the discussion about availability. The point is that the .260 is probably less popular here and more available (even at Walmart) than 5.56, .308, 6.5 Creedmore, etc.

Wow... I really should have scooped up some .22lr when it was 7 cents a round and some 7.62x39 when it was 18 cents a round. I’ve learned my lesson.

Wow... I really should have scooped up some .22lr when it was 7 cents a round and some 7.62x39 when it was 18 cents a round. I’ve learned my lesson.
22 can still be had for under 7 cents depending on brand. But yeah 18 cent x39 is long gone. Still relatively cheap considering the price increase on the calibers.

This was in the discussion about availability. The point is that the .260 is probably less popular here and more available (even at Walmart) than 5.56, .308, 6.5 Creedmore, etc.

Yeah, but TargetSports still has plenty of 6.5CM available and it’s not super expensive. Sure, their .50/round is gone but not a bad selection, and about the same as 260. And as time goes on, manufacturers are going to have fewer and fewer 260 offerings.

22 can still be had for under 7 cents depending on brand. But yeah 18 cent x39 is long gone. Still relatively cheap considering the price increase on the calibers.
Yeah, true. X39 isnt too outrageous. I only checked target sport so i’ll have to do some searching around.

Bulk is free shipping either way, right?
Yeah, but the real secret to PRIME membership is matching a particular manufacturer's brand and loading to a finicky firearm...

Sometimes you come across a firearm that won't like anything you feed it. In may have Failure to Feed, Failure to Fire, Failure to extract, poor accuracy and the rest that goes along with it. So, how do you fix it? By trying a wide variety of brands, loads, grain weights etc.

With PRIME, you can place an order for 15 different boxes/brands of let's say .22LR at PRIME pricing and not be charged any shipping for it.
You will quickly see which sample behaves/functions/shoots accurately in your particular gun. With that information, you can then buy a case (or 3) of that ammo.

This versatility is the true benefit of PRIME...

~Enbloc

You should have scooped up .22lr when it was .04 cents a round. I'm not a math major, but you could have gotten almost twice as much.

Back
Top Bottom