Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Lol. TSUSA is listing .458 SOCOM as "In Stock". Who shoots this impressive shit?
Some at $2.28/rd (PRIME) [rofl2]
1596233230736.png

Remember when Armco was sell their filthy ammo out of West Boylston? That set the bar for cheap.

I don't go that far back, but I have heard the stories.... there were a lot of companies doing that back then, even back in the early 2000s... Actually that shits still going on today, I witnessed a batch of .308 that had the headstamps ground off the case... my guess is, factory thirds, or someone not wanting someone to know where it came from... it was like they had a machine to mark the casehead to get rid of the headstamp! [laugh]

I don't go that far back, but I have heard the stories.... there were a lot of companies doing that back then, even back in the early 2000s... Actually that shits still going on today, I witnessed a batch of .308 that had the headstamps ground off the case... my guess is, factory thirds, or someone not wanting someone to know where it came from... it was like they had a machine to mark the casehead to get rid of the headstamp! [laugh]
The up side to the Armco stuff was that even though it meant a good cleaning, I never had a fail to fire or squib, and it would feed flawlessly in my S&W. That meant lots of practice, and that meant muscle memory and habits that are still with me. A lot of what I've seen at the range and talked about as "good" shooting today makes me cringe and I'm thankful I was able to practice so much when I was younger.

Prudent stocking of freedom seeds. Buy when you can find it. I hate election years. I don't even think we're seeing the impact / risk posed by this November's election yet. This is all Covid + riots

Who the F buys during an election year?

Preppers have taken their time and boughtthe last 3 years at bottom pricing. We have our stuff.

Preppers have taken their time and boughtthe last 3 years at bottom pricing. We have our stuff.
Lots of people buy during election years in this case it's a lot of new shooters. I've been doing lots of classes and I don't envy being in their position looking for ammo. I have a new shooting friend who I alert when I see ammo and he immediately buys. In the same way he's buying/building AR 15 parts

I started shooting in 2007 just before Obama. That fall I overpaid for a stripped lower. I lived through him Sandy Hook and all the other lean (2 box maximum) years. I paid what I needed to ensure I had ammo, am provisioned to reload all my calibers and bought like hell when the prices were low. Buy what you can when you can and buy especially hard when it's cheap. But whatever you do, keep buying to make sure you have ammo

I’m a prepper and am always a fairly well stocked, but not to the point where I don’t want to replace what I shoot. My son just got his LTC and as with a lot of new shooters needs to pay current rape prices. I don’t put down anyone who actively shoots and needs to buy more ammo. Instead I try to help them find what they need and appreciate it when others have helped me.

Buying now would be smart. Guessing price will continue to regularly go up til November.
Id say so. What could happen between now and November that would cause prices to go down? Nothing that I can think of. They could stay the same or they could get even higher but I can't see them dropping between now and then.

Yep, my finances the past couple years said I could only buy a box or two here and there. This year my finances say I can buy a case here and there.

I've gotta slow down my reading a bit. First time through, I read "fiances", and I'm thinking lucky guy! Or maybe not! Either way, pics required!

Frank

I’m jealous, I’m always buying ammo. I’m a pretty active shooter though. I have a pistol class coming up, I think it’s only 350ish rounds for the class, but I’d try typically try to shoot a case getting ready for it.

It must be a nice feeling to be “done” I have what I’m sure most people would consider a lot of ammo, but I can’t imagine not buying more if the price was right, even if I wasn’t burning though it training.

Haha, oh man you gotta be fast. Just got the email 15 min ago that "Federal 12 Gauge Deep Penetrator Rifled Slug" was back in stock. Sold out when I checked.

This will be a good indicator of how f***ed we are. So far 20 minutes and its still in stock

Not that I am buying at these prices but...

It looks like they are starting to implement purchase limits
"QUANTITY LIMIT OF 6"
"Due to high demand and our desire to serve as many Customers as possible, we are currently limiting the quantity that each individual Customer may order"

"QUANTITY LIMIT OF 6"
"Due to high demand and our desire to serve as many Customers as possible, we are currently limiting the quantity that each individual Customer may order"

Interesting - I just added 10 to my cart to try this and it mentions nothing of it. I didn’t log into myPrime account though, so not sure if that would make a difference.

People who have the means to do so. [laugh] I probably had enough to get by long before 2020, but I didn't want to chance it. so kept buying more this year.

Admittedly there is stuff that I won't touch at this point.... for example, 5.56/223.... because A- I already have a bunch of each and B. it doesn't get fired that often... and C... paying .50 cents a shot for 5.56, for something that isn't match ammo or some kind of special purpose/defensive round is basically insane. I basically "tap out" on that market at about 40 CPR.

"QUANTITY LIMIT OF 6"
I saw that earlier but no mention of it now. 43 cases left

I’m jealous, I’m always buying ammo. I’m a pretty active shooter though. I have a pistol class coming up, I think it’s only 350ish rounds for the class, but I’d try typically try to shoot a case getting ready for it.

It must be a nice feeling to be “done” I have what I’m sure most people would consider a lot of ammo, but I can’t imagine not buying more if the price was right, even if I wasn’t burning though it training.

You're never truly "done" until you need a forklift to manage the ammo. Even though ive backed off on some purchases lately, it's basically a pause or a shift to other stuff....

I once bought some ammo from a prepper guy who had to move, his wife was the big earner and she got a new job down south somewhere. He literally had to sell some ammo because he had too much to move- he said he was "okay" with it because he was just selling off his reserve stock- which basically was 10,000 rounds of every caliber he shoots. He said his main stock was larger. [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom