Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Not much incentive for ammo companies to ramp up production when folks are willing to pay that much for a case. Keep supply low and prices sky high.

Not sure if serious, I bet any of those plants, the ones that are operating, are absolutely maxed out right now. Remember they all compete with each other for
sales.... so they get no benefit by sitting around not producing when the demand is huge. Yeah, you are paying for 3rd shift workers in the price of the box of
ammo, but most of that isn't in the end price at this point, most of the rapey part of ammo prices are in distribution right now. And yes, your LGS is going to take a
couple extra bucks too if they can, but bear in mind they have less ammo to sell, so they're trying to compensate for that problem economically by pricing it to whatever the market
will bear.

As far as the next step in ramping up production beyond existing capacities, as I explained in another thread, that stuff really isn't that easy. The capital expenditure
costs can get pretty retarded, and you have to justify it on the back end by being able to sell enough ammo to get a good return on investment. There's the problem of
"what happens if we build this line, and by the time its done, the panic is over?" Now you just dropped a lot of coin on something that ain't going to get used again till
another 4 years. So I would bet anything that ammo producers don't like expanding that way unless they can keep the new lines busy at least a good part of the
time.

ETA: The benefit to the manuf is less than you think it is. OK, so they announced an incremental price increase somewhere around the end of February I think, likely due to
either inflation or other costs. That brought your $160 case of 9mm up to about $180 or so. Maybe they sell that case at 200 bucks now because you have to pay for
third shift. By the time it gets into distribution, distribution is going to get their pound of flesh on top of that, etc etc, so on and so on.

What I don't get is how there can be any lead ore, copper or zinc left in the ground?
It's all in little packages and stuffed into boxes under my bead... [rofl2]

Scrap metal drives next???

1595270876709.png
1595270922076.png1595270961661.png

Last edited:
WOW! Anyone checked out TSUSA's .22LR offerings lately??? Wolf is 15 cents a round (that's 6 rounds for a buck).
No other well known brands available (except Lapua at .24-.29 per round). Incredible.
These are/were 9mm prices per round...

The writing is on the wall.

UPDATE: All .38 special, .357mag is O.O.S.

Last edited:
WOW! Anyone checked out TSUSA's .22LR offerings lately??? Wolf is 15 cents a round. No other well known brands available (except Lapua at .24-.29 per round). Incredible.
These are 9mm prices per round...

Yup nightmare! I have the “text me when in stock” notification on.

WOW! Anyone checked out TSUSA's .22LR offerings lately??? Wolf is 15 cents a round. No other well known brands available (except Lapua at .24-.29 per round). Incredible.
These are 9mm prices per round...

So its basically cheaper to shoot 7.62x39 than 22 right now?

Crazy...

At least with the .22, folks could still go to the range to keep their skills sharp for a dollar or two a day. Not any more...

(I blame the Chinese Communist Party...)

So tempted to buy the 5.56 lol atleast it's 62gr etc and not the frangible lol

And I did... I just want to be able to shoot my X95!

Last edited:
My advice: If Walmart has any .22LR, and you can use some, buy some...

Prices should still be "Walmart Reasonable"...

What Walmarts still sell ammo? I feel like the one in Westfield stopped?
I've been hitting up the Danvers Walmart but many others are still selling ammo (not 9mm, 5.56, 300 BO and other "assault" ammunition...).
Read the last couple pages of this thread

I have yet to receive notifications on anything I have flagged, despite it being posted in stock in this thread. I know other people have reported getting notifications, but I don't seem to get them. Just an FYI.
Try updating notifications every time you are on TSUSA.

Why?

If you missed a notification on something but did not 'reset' it after is was "back in stock" even just for a minute, it is wiped out forever.
Gone, Kaput, Nada...

"I flag daily"...

Good Lord!!!

Up 5 cents a round in a week or so, if this is even the same stuff:

They have some XM855 for something like .46/rd prime, .50/rd otherwise.

This showed up today. It's basically a Federal cardboard box that somebody shoveled a bunch of loose rounds into and closed with a piece of tape. My wife picked the package up and shook it. With all the rounds that fell out of the inner Federal box and into the outer TSUSA box it sounded like she was playing the maracas.

I've been hitting up the Danvers Walmart but many others are still selling ammo (not 9mm, 5.56, 300 BO and other "assault" ammunition...).
Read the last couple pages of this thread
Ironically the one near me keeps stocking Federal 7.62x51 NATO. And it's cheaper than TSUSA. Their logic makes no sense but we already knew that. Bet they wish they were getting a piece of the pie right now though..

Back
Top Bottom