Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

Well TSUSA is barren at the moment. This afternoon there was barely any 45 ACP, 9 mm, 12 gauge 00 buck, and as for 5.56 only a few 1000 round packs left. These riots have also sent prices back through the roof. Really throws a wrench in my plans for a solid July shoot.
Add to that the current political climate and the possibility of a Democrat at the Resolute Desk is driving up demand and price.
November 4th, 2020 may bring severe deprivation. A wise squirrel will be putting nuts up for Winter...

Lol, Walmart...

1593142996490.png

Last edited:
Well TSUSA is barren at the moment. This afternoon there was barely any 45 ACP, 9 mm, 12 gauge 00 buck, and as for 5.56 only a few 1000 round packs left. These riots have also sent prices back through the roof. Really throws a wrench in my plans for a solid July shoot.
45acp came in late afternoon. TulAmmo, Wolf, Speer Lawman, and some PMC jhp all still in stock.

seems like russia is churning out ammo 10x faster than the US.

AND importing it here!

A lot of people dumped their AKs and SKSes several years ago when there was a huge, year long ammo drought of 7.62 x 39. This caused the
market to change, as a lot of those guns fell into collector hands instead of people that shoot them all the time. The skinflints also abandoned both calibers
at this time including 545 x 39, once the supply of dirt cheap 7N1 ran out. Because of the increase in gun prices the rifles do not sell as well as they used to. Like
a WASR-10 or some century C39 thing for $700+ is a hard sell when you can buy a new Tier 3 or 4 AR for the same amount of cash.

If Wolf/Tulammo starts bringing in tons of 9mm and .45 then I'll be impressed with the capability. I haven't seen a box of either at any shop in over a month
now.

Nope. It will be like Martin Shkreli priced.

If it actually runs out there will be no Shkreli price, or at least not for very long before it's just gone. there will only be some american stuff here and there most shops will just refuse to stock it because nobody will buy expensive brass case x39 in volume except for a few Mini-30 guys and maybe a few CZ carbine bolt action guys. (CZ 527? I forget). The last time this happened it was just "f***ing gone" like in a week or two. Remember the primary market here is rednecks blowing up air conditioners and appliances with AKs so those guys aren't going to overpay for ammo. Years ago there was some beef the US had with russia over imports and everything just stopped. I think production wise the Russians/eastern europe actually have enough plants/capacityu to keep the US market reasonably well fed, as long as imports arent interrupted........ most of these plants used to make shit for huge armies, so scaling up production for them isn't a huge ask.

If it actually runs out there will be no Shkreli price, or at least not for very long before it's just gone. there will only be some american stuff here and there most shops will just refuse to stock it because nobody will buy expensive brass case x39 in volume except for a few Mini-30 guys and maybe a few CZ carbine bolt action guys. (CZ 527? I forget). The last time this happened it was just "f***ing gone" like in a week or two. Remember the primary market here is rednecks blowing up air conditioners and appliances with AKs so those guys aren't going to overpay for ammo. Years ago there was some beef the US had with russia over imports and everything just stopped. I think production wise the Russians/eastern europe actually have enough plants/capacityu to keep the US market reasonably well fed, as long as imports arent interrupted........ most of these plants used to make shit for huge armies, so scaling up production for them isn't a huge ask.
I posted speculation last year about Russian small arms maybe being affected by the arms treaty fail between the bear and eagle but it didn’t materialize at all. It actually increased and of course since you’ve been around the block I trust what you say will occur. (I almost bought a CZ527 in x39 last year, nice gun)

My prediction is that any defensive-caliber ammo for pistol/rifle/shotgun is going to get even harder to find and cost more to buy... even if Trump wins in November.
Same for reloading components.

Edit: Especially if Trump wins in November...

I think it will stay elevated through the election even if he does win, but if he loses.... we're going to see something like this...

The sireens will go off for a year and everyone will go full retard fearing what the dems are going to do. Sleepytime Joe or whoever ends up being the
elected will easily sell another several million guns between Nov 5 and the inaguration alone. It will make Obamascare look like childs play.

"Ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba..... " [rofl]

(NSFW)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1BDM1oBRJ8

Add to that the current political climate and the possibility of a Democrat at the Resolute Desk is driving up demand and price.
November 4th, 2020 may bring severe deprivation. A wise squirrel will be putting nuts up for Winter...

I agree and believe demand is likely going to be notched up even further as I fully expect that the closer we get to election day voter intimidation tactics will be used as the MSM expresses their "grave concerns" that terrible rioting will occur if Trump is elected.

A wise squirrel will be putting nuts up for Winter

I am a pretty comfortable squirrel, for example in 9mm I have got about 8 cases on hand and I don't shoot matches.
However one thing I have started doing is prioritizing how I use my stock by shooting the less desirable cartridges now and saving the better stuff for sad squirrel days ahead.
For instance I hope to go shooting 9mm pistol today and have checked my spreadsheet to see where I stored that dirty ass Remington UMC I bought a few years ago.

Now that the TSUSA gravy train is slowing down I wonder if other squirrels out there are also thoughtfully handling their nuts? :rolleyes:

Are you shooting the crap and saving the cream?

🐯

I agree and believe demand is likely going to be notched up even further as I fully expect that the closer we get to election day voter intimidation tactics will be used as the MSM expresses their "grave concerns" that terrible rioting will occur if Trump is elected.

I am a pretty comfortable squirrel, for example in 9mm I have got about 8 cases on hand and I don't shoot matches.
However one thing I have started doing is prioritizing how I use my stock by shooting the less desirable cartridges now and saving the better stuff for sad squirrel days ahead.
For instance I hope to go shooting 9mm pistol today and have checked my spreadsheet to see where I stored that dirty ass Remington UMC I bought a few years ago.

Now that the TSUSA gravy train is slowing down I wonder if other squirrels out there are also thoughtfully handling their nuts? :rolleyes:

🐯
I’ve had the range all to myself on three recent outings..put this in the irony column, gun owners had to file a lawsuit in Mass against Big Bird Baker to keep the ranges open but now nobody wants to shoot because they want to conserve ammo..

A lot of people dumped their AKs and SKSes several years ago when there was a huge, year long ammo drought of 7.62 x 39.

Interestingly 7.62x39 is available at Targetsports USA. I'm pretty well stocked on everything but I never feel like I have enough. I'm hesitant to shoot my 9mm since it's impossible to get now so my Stribog is just a giant paperweight and my other pistols will only be used sparingly. I guess I need to order more 7.62x39 and get really good with my AKs for the next year.

Interestingly 7.62x39 is available at Targetsports USA. I'm pretty well stocked on everything but I never feel like I have enough. I'm hesitant to shoot my 9mm since it's impossible to get now so my Stribog is just a giant paperweight and my other pistols will only be used sparingly. I guess I need to order more 7.62x39 and get really good with my AKs for the next year.
Yes I would encourage anybody that has an AK or similar right now to buy ammo if they can get their hands on it, because the prices are still low relative to past peaks.

Nah, I shoot by manufacture date and then by type (ccw vs. practice).
Modern ammo stores well, so I guess it doesn't matter, but it's funny to look at people's faces when I pull out a couple of boxes of ammo
that have a date of OCT/1998 written in blue Sharpie magic-marker... [rofl2]

If Wolf/Tulammo starts bringing in tons of 9mm and .45 then I'll be impressed with the capability. I haven't seen a box of either at any shop in over a month
now.

Lol, It's raining up in here...

Russkie .45

First box on the left comes in 500 round cases and eligible for free shipping for non-PRIME members... Also the TulAmmo.

1593185536036.png1593185546636.png
1593185521019.png1593185558580.png

Last edited:
Initially I was going to buy two full cases. By the time I got to check out, I could only get a half case of the SP.
7912618C-F80B-45ED-A146-7C6F10E5ECB5.jpeg

Last edited:
My sks is going to get a good workout 🙂

Initially I was going to buy two full cases. By the time I got to check out, I could only get a half case of the SP.
View attachment 368300

I ordered two cases of the Wolf Military Classic at 11am and it said there were 10 left when I checked back after placing my order. They must have gone quickly. I'm getting so well stocked on 7.62x39 that I am starting to consider a CZ-527. Some people have told me that it is an awful choice for a bolt action rifle due to the cartridge.

33 cases and going.. of 9mm 115 grain target ammo - Winchester value packs. They have 100's and 200's available.

edit to add - just checked the 200 packs and they have 99+ on those.. so, no rush at all folks.

If I owned a Gun Shop, I'd use TSUSA to fill the gaps on my shelves.
And that may contribute to the speed of "OOS" of common ammo...

These Wolf 00-Buck come in 100 round 'cases' and will "ship for free" if not a PRIME member. ($64.22 a case Prime)
Very, very good performance and grouping. I use these for training (64 cents a round) but would not hesitate to use them for Self-Defense.
I shot a ton of this at a Defensive Shotgun class and even the Instructor was impressed. It is my #2 Go-to Buckshot round...

Set up a notification, they come in dribs and drabs...

1593206391919.png

Last edited:
These Wolf 00-Buck come in 100 round 'cases' and will "ship for free" if not a PRIME member. ($64.22 a case Prime)
Very, very good performance and grouping. I use these for training (64 cents a round) but would not hesitate to use them for Self-Defense.

Set up a notification, they come in dribs and drabs...
View attachment 368333
Done, thanks. I either read somewhere or was told, the best buckshot for self defense was whatever was on sale! I never would have guessed it would go out of stock like it has, pain in the balls.

Done, thanks. I either read somewhere or was told, the best buckshot for self defense was whatever was on sale! I never would have guessed it would go out of stock like it has, pain in the balls.
Yep. Pain in the balls, but I shoot a lot of buck and slug and have a different opinion...

My #1 00-Buck round, hands down is the Federal LE 133 00 w/ Flight Control wad. When you can find it, try it. And you'll know why...

1593206770766.png

Or, 9 pellet LE 132 00

1593206984209.png

Back
Top Bottom