Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

It does suck about the sales tax but if they don't collect it "you know who" will use it as the only valid reason to fu..k with them.

They're also arguably legally required to collect it, rather than leaving the purchaser to declare and pay "use tax" on the purchase on their state income tax return. South Dakota v. Wayfair in 2018 overturned the "physical nexus" requirement established in Quill v. North Dakota in 1992, opening the door to collection of sales tax on internet (and other mail order) purchases.

Just looked at these new offerings. Looks like Tula has 100% brass jackets no bi-metal. Wolf and RAS has copper jackets.

This should be a great alternative for those who argue that the bi-metal jackets will wear out barrels faster (which I'm sure they do as it makes sense) than copper jacketed bullets.
Thanks for the heads up.

The wolf stuff is surprisingly accurate too for cheapo ammo!

I placed an order around midnight Sunday night/Monday morning and it should arrive tomorrow. Bunch of slackers making me wait an extra day (as compared to some here who get it in 2 days). 😝

Ordered a mix of 6.5 Creed rounds to try in a new rifle on Monday. Glad I got the Prime as I never buy cases of anything. Delivered today.
Prices were pretty cheap.

Looks like tax is inevitable ...its being charged everywhere now. All the internet gun stores, etc....

Stacked 1k of 9mm on top of the 5k .22 that I picked up. Going to start stacking harder as election approaches

Thinking the same thing. If by some chance I think the election might go the wrong way I will stock up heavily over the summer. Not wigging out yet.

Yeah. Nothing crazy. Just slow and steady build up over summer so I'm not kicking myself in Nov

Glad I’m not the only one considering this too. I’d like to say I’m good in certain calibers/gauges, but I don’t think there’s anything wrong with a little stocking up at these prices before they potentially skyrocket.

Buy it cheap and stack it deep folks.
I've heard this saying over And over and it's sound Advice. I started shooting in 2008. You know when AR lowers started selling for $175 -400 and up. Then Sandy Hook happened where for two or more years you couldn't buy components for reloading, a brick of 22 sold for $80 and a case of 5.56 sold for $1000. That's what started the Walmart ammo thread where people were waiting outside Walmart before they opened to buy their one allowed box of 22!

I never thought I'd see see prices back down like "the good old days". Pricing and availability has never been better (in my 12 years of shooting)

Buy it now

So, I took a new shooter for a lesson on his new M&P Shield 9 this morning.
He had a box of American Eagle that he bought with the gun.

After he shot through it he asked "Where can I buy good ammo at a cheaper price?"
I told him about TSUSA and said I would look up a couple bulk ammo brands and would email him the ones I like. (I was looking in the sub-17cent range for a newbie)

After visiting the TSUSA website I found that the Geco 115g was Out of Stock as well as the 124g. (only Geco in stock was Red Zone Self-defense and frangible)
Ok, on to Blazer Brass, same "out of stock". There was Blazer Brass in the free ammo box for 29cents/round before tax, but that deal sucks.

I feel bad for new shooters these days. These prices suck...

Go here: Bulk Ammo for Sale Online Free Shipping Available
Select "In Stock Only " and then brass-cased, followed by Full Metal Jacket to see what I was looking at...

I have to think that Walmart getting out of the bulk of the ammo business has caused prices to go up on all ammo. Less competition...

Last edited:
So, I took a new shooter for a lesson on his new M&P Shield 9 this morning.
He had a box of American Eagle that he bought with the gun.

After he shot through it he asked "Where can I buy good ammo at a cheaper price?"
I told him about TSUSA and said I would look up a couple bulk ammo brands and would email him the ones I like. (I was looking in the sub-17cent range for a newbie)

After visiting the TSUSA website I found that the Geco 115g was Out of Stock as well as the 124g. (only Geco in stock was Red Zone Self-defense and frangible)
Ok, on to Blazer Brass, same "out of stock". There was Blazer Brass in the free ammo box for 29cents/round before tax, but that deal sucks.

I feel bad for new shooters these days. These prices suck...

Go here, select "In Stock Only " and then brass-cased, followed by Full Metal Jacket ...
Bulk Ammo for Sale Online Free Shipping Available

I have to think that Walmart getting out of the bulk of the ammo business has caused prices to go up an all ammo. Less competition...

Am I missing something? On their website just now, I see in-stock Federal 124gr, American Eagle 115gr, and Prvi 115gr at $.19/rd delivered. Not quite $.17, but pretty close, and certainly better than $.29/rd.

If he's willing to go Aluminum case (and if he's not reloading, why not go Al), he can get down to $.16/rd.

4 Seasons has S&B on sale for less than .17 cents per round:
Sellier & Bellot 9mm FMJ 115 grain or 124 grain ammunition

See the source image

This is excellent quality target ammunition.
$8.49 / box = 16.5 cents per round
$169.80/case of 1000 rds

40 box limit per customer. 3,000 boxes available at this price.​

115 grain Federal Am Eagle is at $0.17/rd for Prime members. The Prime membership works out to a little under $8 a month. You get across the board 8% discount on top of their already reasonable prices plus free shipping on every order. Great deal for anyone aside from people who plan on shooting just a few times a year.

Am I missing something? On their website just now, I see in-stock Federal 124gr, American Eagle 115gr, and Prvi 115gr at $.19/rd delivered. Not quite $.17, but pretty close, and certainly better than $.29/rd.

If he's willing to go Aluminum case (and if he's not reloading, why not go Al), he can get down to $.16/rd.

Nope, your not missing anything. He can find brass 9mm all day long in Tax-Free New Hampshire for less than $.19/rd (He lives a stones throw from the border)
Add to that, TSUSA now is tacking tax onto that $.19/rd so it is closer to $.20/rd (and he is not ready for a bulk purchase of 1000-rounds for the free shipping.)
All things said and done. TSUSA isn't the great 'deal' it once was.

Walmart would have been perfect for this newbie...

115 grain Federal Am Eagle is at $0.17/rd for Prime members. The Prime membership works out to a little under $8 a month. You get across the board 8% discount on top of their already reasonable prices plus free shipping on every order. Great deal for anyone aside from people who plan on shooting just a few times a year.

I told him about PRIME, he said "Not yet"...
He's as green as green and wants to pick up ammo 100-200 rounds at a time.
Stockpiling is not yet in his future... [rofl2]

My comment about TSUSA was mostly because I have bought from them in the past and saved quite a bit. I have a 'stockpile', but that's for me.
If I had to go and start it up again, I would have to seriously re-think TSUSA. Deals were much better 2 years ago there...

Aside from TSUSA, does anyone know where to find .45ACP ALU now that Walmart is done?

This ^.
We all laughed, (including me) that Walmart was getting out, but it HAS effected price and access to ammunition in one way or another.
Not everyone wants a case of ammo at a time.
Great deal for anyone aside from people who plan on shooting just a few times a year.
"Shoot some...buy some" is real.

I would like to look back on this issue after the elections...

Nope, your not missing anything. He can find brass 9mm all day long in Tax-Free New Hampshire for less than $.19/rd (He lives a stones throw from the border)
Add to that, TSUSA now is tacking tax onto that $.19/rd so it is closer to $.20/rd (and he is not ready for a bulk purchase of 1000-rounds for the free shipping.)
All things said and done. TSUSA isn't the great 'deal' it once was.

Walmart would have been perfect for this newbie...
The fact that theyre collecting tax now does suck.

Just threw a box in my cart. First they claim it to be $0.17/rd but in reality its $0.1746/rd which to me means $0.18/rd. Add insurance and tax and its $9.41/box shipped or $0.1882/rd so $0.19/rd.

I guess its understandable a newb doesnt want to commit to a case but buying a couple of boxes online and paying to ship isnt really ever going to be a great deal.

I guess its understandable a newb doesnt want to commit to a case but buying a couple of boxes online and paying to ship isnt really ever going to be a great deal.
He's married with kids and he scraped together the cash for the pistol. He is looking for best price/no tax/free shipping/small purchases. Walmart would have been the place for him to go...

He's married with kids and he scraped together the cash for the pistol. He is looking for best price/no tax/free shipping/small purchases. Walmart would have been the place for him to go...
I'm in a similar situation, divorced last year, custody of my son and trying to rebuild my life. I don't have the cash flow I did before so I can only manage a few boxes at a time. I figured better to grab a few boxes now and have them than wait and everything is gone if a event happens.

Walmart would have been the place for him to go...
Agreed, but that ship has sailed and I dont see it coming back. (We can probably thank Bloomberg/Soros.) Aside from the no tax requirement TSUSA with Prime fits the bill as far as the available options today if he plans on shooting enough to justify the membership.

WMT has been scratched off the list as an affordable place for ammo purchases. A couple got shot up and voila, no more ammo sales there. Im assuming when the next round of shootings get the green light from tptb, we'll see that the perps purchased their ammo online.

eta- money's tight and with a family im assuming theres more important things to spend $95 dollars on. He should commit to the buy 3 shoot 2 method and build up a supply from wherever he can.

Exactly. I'm cheap because I enjoy the Hunt and the victory of a good price. Many, many shooters I know have to budget for a day at the range. Getting a good price on good ammo is key...

I'm in a similar situation, divorced last year, custody of my son and trying to rebuild my life. I don't have the cash flow I did before so I can only manage a few boxes at a time. I figured better to grab a few boxes now and have them than wait and everything is gone if a event happens.

That's a tough place to be. I know that feel... I've just decided to bite the bullet and stack while price is decent and availability is more than I've ever seen. It hurts the wallet lol.... but the plan is to at least buy a case a month leading up to elections. I just need space to put it. I really don't shoot a ton.... dryfire and dummy rounds keep my training costs low.

Back
Top Bottom